Desiderium

Desiderium

(名词) 热心的渴望为丢失的东西。

1,310 readers have visited this universe since Korruption created it.

Introduction


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

MEINE SÜNDE WAR NICHT DIES ODER DAS, MEINE SÜNDE WAR, DASS ICH DEM TEUFEL DIE HAND GEGEBEN HATTE. NUN HIELT DER TEUFEL MEINE HAND, NUN WAR DER FEIND HINTER MIR HER.

(i can't even make circular images without the bumpy lines lol)

So. This is my storage.

I have pretty basic rules - look, don't touch. I'm pretty chill unless you steal my stuff.

If you want to collaborate on a private roleplay, I'm more than willing to. My inbox is always open ^_^


private rp ideas - open for discussion

Image

Image
Image
ImageImage
“I think of my life as a kind of MUSIC, not always good music but still having form and MELODY.” John Steinbeck, East of Eden

Descendants of Celtic gods and goddesses:

Morríghan, Brigit, Aengus, Cernunnus, Arawn, Cailleach, Cerridwen, Lugh
Image
Image

Toggle Rules

The GM of this roleplay hasn't created any rules! You can do whatever you like!

The Story So Far... Write a Post » as written by 1 authors

Setting

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

0.00 INK

Image Image Image
x
x
x
POSTING
DESCENDANT
ACADEMY

GM ; Scar.-
Caitria Allen / Andrew Mulligan / Thaleia Castle

Image
Image Image Image
xxxC A I T R I A x A L L E Nx.xx#7B7383x
Image
"Thank you, Caitria," the man said sincerely, offering the blonde a worried smile. "Are you okay?"

Caitria smiled in return. "Yeah, I'm fine dude, no worries," she said. "My strong points just lie in speed rather than physical strength. Nothing I can't take, though." The alarms began to blare, illuminating the room in reddish light. "We need to fight our way out of here. You can transport your cellmate; I suppose you now know that I'm not the best candidate when it comes to carrying people." Caitria chuckled, patting the brunette on the shoulder before dashing off to knock some Hydra soldiers out.

"Go then!" Caitria heard Ulrich yell. She glanced at his position, realizing that he had punched a hole into the wall for the descendants to leave out of. The blonde waited for the majority to leave, dashing off to take out incoming soldiers before speeding over to Ulrich's improvised exit. She briefly nodded in thanks, running to meet up with her comrades.
Image
Image Image Image
xA N D R E W x M U L L I G A Nxx#ceaa16x
Image
"Wren, Caitria, Lilith, Ulrich, Constantine, and . . . some guy named Cassius?" Riley listed the names in an almost mechanical manner. Andrew frowned at the last name, not recognizing it.

"With the number of students joining us, I can't really say I'm surprised to hear an unfamiliar name," Riley said, as if reading Andrew's thoughts. Andrew followed his friend's gaze as it travelled to two platinum-haired siblings. "I don't suppose you know who they are...?"

Andrew shook his head as the two approached. "Not at all."

The two of them approached, the young man introducing himself as Roman Black and his sister as Kezia, or Kizzy for short. "Welcome to the Academy," Riley said, Andrew echoing the greeting as Kizzy handed both of them flowers. Andrew smiled at her, thanking her before she moved on to someone else with her brother in tow. As soon as they did so, Riley placed his flower on the stand besides Andrew's bed.

"For you. Could spruce up your place."

As he set it down he glanced over at Andrew, noting with a pang of guilt how tired the other man looked. He'd just regained consciousness, and instead of letting him rest Riley was jabbering away about his own concerns - so incredibly selfish, as usual, Barton.

He stood abruptly, eager to prevent any further mistakes of the same sort. "I'm, uh. I'm sorry, I'm going to let you rest now. You probably really need it," he blurted. Reaching over to pat Andrew's shoulder, he turned away, heading back for his own bed, where he could pick up his things and go back to his penthouse where he could freak out in private.
Image
Image Image Image
.xT H A L E I A x C A S T L Exxx#49a98ax
Image
Thaleia's verbal assault of the nurse was interrupted by Mycroft's lofty, unusually casual voice. "It's nice to see that you all are well. As -"

"Are ya fuckin' mad?!" Ross interrupted unabashedly. "We're half dead 'n half of us are gone!" Thaleia wasn't the fondest of her fellow descendants, but she wholeheartedly agreed with McCulloch on this occasion. Besides, she hated Mycroft more than any of her peers.

"Yes, Mr. McCulloch," Mycroft was too fucking nonchalant, rolling his eyes, as if the situation was another one of the Academy's simulations.

Alfred spoke up in a cracking voice. "He just means, we're very happy that you all survived the attack. It was a horrible situation and we're all so proud of how you all fought to protect each other and the academy."

"But, they didn't,"
Mycroft shot Alfred's attempt at gentle words down. "Wren Wilson, Alec Constantine, Petra Max -" Mycroft halted in his speaking when he noticed said redhead in the crowd. Thaleia raised an eyebrow as Mycroft continued. "- Lilith Isley, Ulrich Zod, Caitria Allen, Francis Parker and Cassius Thompson were all taken hostage last night like it was nothing. If you all would have fought as a team, like we've been trying to tell you for years now... none of this would have happened. Hydra would have been stopped before they laid a hand on anyone."

Thaleia clenched her jaw. The fucktwat could fight off Hydra himself with the shit attitude he had. "Mycroft," Phil interjected, clearly not agreeing with the other man's words. [/b]"They were unarmed and unprepared. They fought admirably, all things considered."[/b]

The two mentors went on arguing. "Even Tobias singlehandedly saved Thaddeus Ross' life," Phil commented, which did cause a flicker of surprise in Thaleia, although it really shouldn't have.

Mycroft blatantly ignored Phil's argument, speaking up once again. "J.A.R.V.I.S. is currently working to compile every piece of information from the attack that he can to try and find out where the other Descendants were taken. Once he is finished, we will use the data to form our next plan of attack. We can only hope we reach them before Hydra kills the Descendants... Or worse, before they find a way to exploit their powers to make their own super mutant weapons."

Mycroft urged the other mentors to take their leave with him, but Phil and Alfred refused in favor of helping the nurses. Thaleia's cold eyes followed Mycroft as he exited the room. "Wow," she muttered under her breath. "What a prissy bitch - get your own damn army to fight your battles if you wanna have such demanding expectations."

Setting

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

0.00 INK

ImageImage
x
x
x
x
POSTING
CAMP ATHENS II

GM ; FeistyDeadlySins
McKenna Kovačević / Keun Seung-min

Image
Image Image Image
xxxM C K E N N A x K O V A Č E V I Ćxxxx #79A696 x
Image
McKenna continued treking through the forest alongside Lise, pondering about her partner's past. Lise, admittedly, had exposed an equal about of information as McKenna had unveiled about herself, but the latter still wanted to know more.
Image
Image Image Image
xxxK E U N x S E U N G - M I Nxxxx #149f96 x
Image
Seung-min watched Emery in awe as the latter managed to tame the animal. Wow, Artemis kids can do some pretty awesome things, he thought to himself.

Emery straightened up, flashing a smile in Seung-min's direction. "Always better to make a new friend, don't you think? Anyway - let's keep moving." Seung-min nodded in agreement at both of Emery's statements, following his fellow demigod through the undergrowth.

"And, Seung-min? That does sound pretty badass."

Seung-min grinned at Emery's statements. "I know, right? Granted, I grew up in South Korea, and that kind of media is super popular there, but I think this could actually work, given our powers. Anyway, let's move onwards!"

The two continued to trek forwards, a comfortable silence between them. However, Seung-min quickly got bored; his natural curiosity wanted him to know more about Emery, even though having a get-to-know-you conversation in the middle of such a game wasn't particularly ideal.

"So . . ." Seung-min began to speak nonetheless. "I know you're a pretty chill person, but other than that, I don't know too much about you. Like, where are you from? I'm from Daegu, which is a pretty big city over in Korea. I can tell you're American, but beyond that, I'm really bad at figuring out accents."

Setting

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

0.00 INK

ImageImage
x
x
x
POSTING
FRACTURED FAIRYTALES

GM ; Zodia195
Qiang Junxin


X X X XX X X X



x



x


x
Image.




.





.
Image

"What beautiful blossoms we have this year. But look; that one is late. But I'll bet that when it blooms, it will be the most beautiful of all."
- Fa Zhou
Image


EVELYN HENRIETTE LIU
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c0140b / qiang junxin / a79b56

"Your friend is probably backstage because there are changing rooms back there," Dawn (?) explained. "I can show you the male changing room, but you'll probably have to wait, or we could find the director of the theater and he can check it out to see if Azar is there. My name is Dawn Henderson -" it turns out Evelyn's assumption about her name was correct after all "- I helped them set up this morning so I know my way around here."

As Dawn turned to speak to the other girls, Evelyn noticed the opal pendant around her neck and felt something tugging at the back of her mind. "You two haven't seen Azar right?" Dawn questioned the other girls as Evelyn attempted to figure out what was so special about the blonde's pendant.

"Oh, no," the girl who introduced herself as Ash responded to the other blonde. Now that Evelyn was paying attention, Ash had a pendant around her neck as well - except instead of opal, it was some bluish turquoise stone in a teardrop shape Evelyn couldn't identify. "I haven't. Just got here. That's a good idea, though." The blonde looked backstage, suddenly yelling out, "hey, Karimi!" Ash seemed to realize how impulsive her action was, and covered it up with a cough.

"Um, yeah, that's not him," Evelyn deadpanned.

Suddenly, someone else joined the party. A brunette teen who looked to be a senior walked up to them, directing her words to Francesca. "H-Hello... I'm-I'm Jewel Malum? I was told to bring apple tarts..." As she spoke, Evelyn noticed the ruby around the girl's neck - what a coincidence. The newcomer wore a jewel necklace as well? What were the chances of that happening? Jewel offered Evelyn and the other girls a weak smile in greeting. Evelyn instinctively raised an eyebrow in a manner that may have seemed condescending, but tried to redeem herself with a nod of acknowledgement towards the senior.

"There's your friend, Evelyn," Dawn suddenly spoke up as Evelyn directed her attention to the blonde. "He's right behind you." Just as Dawn said, Azar was right in front of Evelyn's face when she turned around.

"Thanks," Evelyn said succinctly, walking over to Azar and punching him in the arm good-naturedly, which, true to form, did not seem to affect the calm boy at all. "Don't ditch me next time, asshole. What do you need help with?"

Setting

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

0.00 INK

ImageImage
x
x
x
POSTING
TRUE OPPOSITES

StarlightPrincess ; Korruption
Miyamoto Takashi

Image

MIYAMOTO TAKASHI
━━━━━━━━━━━━

#CC8016 ; #CC4318

"Okay then. You wanna know about my mom?" Much to Takashi's surprise, Honda began to speak in a quiet voice. The blonde listened intently, knowing that this opportunity wasn't easy to come by. "Well . . . she was a nurse once upon a time. Which I guess makes it pretty ironic that she refused to acknowledge she was ill. She loves flowers, but forget-me-nots are her favorite. She has tons of clothes in that one really pale shade of pink."

Takashi found it intriguing how Honda seemed to know such small, trivial things about his mother. Come to think of it, what is Angelina Kiefer's favorite flower? he mused. He didn't know. Does Mother even like flowers?

Honda continued to speak, unaware of Takashi's internal musings. "When I was a kid she used to read me Disney princess stories because she didn't want me to grow up in that 'boys can't love princesses' kind of mindset. And when I said I wanted to be the princess in my primary school play she went to my teacher and nagged him 'til i got the part. She's always kind, even when people aren't kind to her back, and I always resented that part of her, a little. She never stands up for herself, says she doesn't want to inconvenience anyone, as if she should give a shit about that. But she does. She conceived me and my brother all on her own because she thought it would be selfish of her to ask a lover to stay and have children by her side. Even if she deserves that."

Wow, Takashi thought to himself, if everyone had a mother like that, the world would certainly be a much better place.

"You said you'd answer a question if I told you about me. I think all that is more than enough to earn one question," Honda said, Takashi agreeing silently. "So tell me, why would you risk your relationship with your family to help me?"

That's a good question, Takashi admitted to himself.

"My relationship with my family is already weak as fuck," Takashi began, not completely sure on what he was going to say. ". . . The only thing that would get my father to become even the slightest bit supportive of me is to perhaps surpass everyone at school - unfortunately, we both know the likeliness of that ever happening. Even then, that's only a fraction of it. If I'm good enough, then maybe he'll let me become an intern at his company. I'll have to prove that I can make his company even more successful, prove that I can be a better CEO than him - I don't understand business at all compared to my sisters, and my father knows that. I think he already gave up on me - not helping you wouldn't have benefited our relationship anyways. Sometimes, I feel like the only reason he keeps me around is to beat me down so he can boost his problematic ego.

"My mother is in Germany right now. She doesn't give a shit about any of us. She only married my father for a business merger - that's painfully obvious to anyone. Everyone who works in, for, or with my father's company knows it. She hates kids because children are far too immature for her; the only reason why my mother had four kids is because the first three were girls and it's tradition for the heir of the family to be a male. She barely knows us, though. I remember how she forgot her second child's name and called her by the wrong name for three months before we dared to tell her. She doesn't know how old we are, or when are birthdays are. In fact, I probably know you better than she knows me.

"My oldest sister, Rina, is already disappointed in me. But she holds little influence, so I don't give a damn about her relationship with me. My second oldest sister, Hikari - she's the one who had her name forgotten - doesn't care about the company, or what I do in my free time. The only person I respect enough to an extent that I would go out of my way to preserve our relationship is Aki, my other sister. She likes to act harsh and merciless in some sweetly sadistic way, but she's been so kind to me - she went out of her way to treat me like a normal little brother when she was never obligated to. If helping you meant that she'd be disappointed in me, I would never have done it. But she's aware of what I'm doing for you, and knowing her, this is far too trivial a matter for our relationship to be at risk over.

"As for why I'd help you in general - I'm going to be a bigger person and admit that I don't know completely. But I'm helping you anyway, so why should it matter?"

Setting

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

0.00 INK

ImageImage
x
x
x
x
POSTING
RADIATION

GM ; Korruption
Yeong-ji Kühn


Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

L O C A T I O N X H E R E

type dat sh*t here.

Image

Image

Image
Image

YEONG-JI KÜHN

Image
Image
Image

shadow controller - #b6473a - #9f9c60

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image
"For the records all members of my family have been quite taller than Japanese's standard, you could say that there will always a few odd ones among the many common," the tall Japanese person responded in a rather civil manner towards Yeong-ji's claim. "Just because you have never seen it before, doesn't mean it can never happen, does it?"

Yeong-ji stayed silent for a few moments, contemplating the woman's (?) words, and how she got them across. She's okay, Yeong-ji grudgingly approved of the Japanese in her mind. She shrugged nonchalantly in response. "I'm sure it is possible - after all, the tallest woman ever was Chinese and over eight feet tall - all I am saying it is it's not typical." Yeong-ji smiled her typical sardonic smile, not fully aware of it. "However, you could be -" Yeong-ji paused, trying to think up the term she couldn't quite recall at the moment "- biologically male and choose to identify as female - in any case, I'll use any pronouns you want. I couldn't care less about what gender people go by."

The conversation continued on. However, the thump of the Japanese American collapsing to the ground certainly caught people's attention. The golden-eyed teen woke up abruptly, gasping, blood seeping through the bandages on his hands. The main doctor's sister - Rosamunda, Yeong-ji reminded herself - immediately rushed to the boy's side, saying things like, "was that a vision of yours?" and "would you like to explain what you saw?", along with "oh my, let's get your hands fixed up."

Meanwhile, the tall Japanese person took off her glasses. "I'm assuming that you is aware of what us - the Kaneshiro, are, correct? The elders of my family seem to trust you, which is why they gave you the rights to give me orders in their stead. Of course, I have absolutely no problems with that. Our conversation up until now have also confirmed me that this wasn't some political schemes that could potentially threaten my family and my nation. So I have no questions. Instead, as a fair warning, I sincerely hope you will not betray our trust and give out our information to those who offer a price for it. For if that really is the case, I will do what I have to and things may become much more complicated than it already is."

Ivo took those words very seriously, nodding somberly. "Of course," he said, a heavy tone in his voice.

The Frenchwoman decided to speak up. "You have all this . . . talk about enemies and allies. But who are we to trust you?" How do we know that you're the real good guys in this? Surely you can't expect us to come here, listen to your story and think everything is all fine, non? What if you aren't as good as you're claimin' to be and that these . . . Schmitzes are the ones we should actually be trusting?"

She has a point, Yeong-ji admitted grudgingly to herself. I mean, all I have to go on is my dad's word . . . and he kinda left me when I was eight to commit suicide in Seoul. There is no actual reason to trust this dude . . . besides, even if he is telling the truth, who give a fuck if I'm killed by those machine things? Didn't practically everyone in my family commit suicide before they could hit twenty-one? It's probably hereditary . . . I'm already fifteen, it's not like I have any time left to make good use out of my life.

"Your suspicion," Ivo began in a tone that made him seem like he was waiting for the Frenchwoman's question, "is completely understandable. In fact, I'd be sincerely surprised if any of you didn't doubt me. However," the images on the screen rippled to show what Yeong-ji saw while she was playing piano in the morning - the ripples of the German flag - "this is the universal distress signal amongst the Sixty-Nine and its descendants. Back when some from the clinical trials were leaving to lead their own lives, we showed this signal to them, telling them it would only be used in the most dire of situations. I understand that this secret may not have been passed down in your ancestors' attempt to give their children normal lives. In that case, there is certainly a reason for any of you to doubt us. However, there is a degree of trust that goes into every risk one takes in life. Without these risks, no one would be able to advance."

Ivo seemed to grow taller and he spoke. "We cannot force you to believe us. If you do, you are putting your faith in us to defend you from your extinction. If you don't, you are choosing to blindly shut the door in the face of the destiny your ancestors and your powers have engraved for you. There is a risk in either choice you make; despite our efforts, you may not survive if you choose to believe us. But there's a strong chance you will. However, if you choose not to believe us, the chance of you surviving will be significantly lower. This choice is yours to make, so select a decision you may regret the least."

There was a short pause of silence as the listeners contemplated the doctor's words. Finally, Ivo broke the silence he himself had caused, calling over to his sister in German so that most of the others wouldn't understand. "How is his condition? What did he see, and does it have any impact on our plans?"

Setting

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

0.00 INK

ImageImage
x
x
POSTING
BORN FROM RUBBLE

1x1 ; nations
Elena Araya / Avery Jaeger

Image


Image
Image


ImageImage
"Yes," Dante said in response to Elena's proposal. He turned to Natalia. "Where did you say your car was?"

As Natalia led the group to her black car, Avery trailed behind Dante and the woman named Elena, still in a state of shock. He sat in the backseat next to Elena, giving her a small smile and nodding in politeness.

"Where to?" Natalia asked from the driver's seat.

"West," Dante replied. He glanced at Elena, cueing her to take out the map he had given her previously.

"So . . ." Elena started, glancing at the map. "We're currently in Wesley, Nevada, and -" she flipped the map over, finding a location written on the back, [color=#821B17][b]"- and we need to get to

Setting

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

0.00 INK

ImageImage
x
x
x
x
WORK-IN-PROGRESS
RELATIONS / NPCS

NPC TEMPLATE

Image

n a m e ;; xfull name here
a g e ;; xhere ( # )
g e n d e r ;; xF/M/NB
r o l e ;; xhere
p l a y e r ( s ) ;; xhere
Image
desc. here

Setting

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

0.00 INK

ImageImage
x
x
x
POSTING
REMNANTS LOST

GM ; SpiritDancer
Esmeray Tsumikage

Image


ImageImage
Esmeray already didn't like this.

Firstly, the kingdom of Vale made her want to turn tail and rush back to Kuchinashi, a place she was far more comfortable in. In Esmeray's opinion, Vale was the "best" of the four kingdoms by conventional standards. If the four kingdoms were daughters or sons, then Vacuo, Atlas, and Mistral would be the not so well-rounded ones, the children with prominent strengths and flaws, while Vale would be that perfect child who was good at everything. At least, that's how Esmeray saw it.

Esmeray didn't quite like "perfect."

She was sure, looking at her surroundings, that the people she was currently with had all come from diverse backgrounds, and with different backgrounds came different values. Esmeray herself had always relied on discord and dishonesty to survive. Joining some Huntsmen academy, especially one in Vale, conflicted everything else she had ever done to keep herself alive. Of course, she didn't live life with a mindset like that of an unoriginal storybook villain with no true motivations. Esmeray could truly care less about how her actions affected others, as long as they benefited herself. Before, that meant acting as a jack of all trades of sorts, in attempt not to fall behind the others of Esmeray's hometown, but ever since the Fall, that business lost its value, and that forced Esmeray to make the decision of becoming a Huntress. She fled to Vale, knowing that the division between social classes in her home continent was going to restrict her if Esmeray stayed in Mistral. Plus, although she would never admit it, Esmeray had a fear that back in Mistral, someone might recognize her criminalistic alter ego and connect her to Rae, who had gotten significantly more notorious than Esmeray would've liked (sure, having a reputable reputation was nice, but being too well-known wasn't good either).

Esmeray listened only somewhat attentively to Văduva's speech, trusting herself to beat the others in whatever they were doing anyway. She remained primarily unbothered by Văduva's warning about the Grimm, but visibly grimaced when she mentioned partners. Esmeray liked to think she was a relatively skilled individual (she knew how stupid it was to be overconfident, but she did have some credentials), but she was also painfully aware that teamwork was not her strong suit. Esmeray prayed that her future partner wasn't going to be an utter idiot (although, if one manages to pass this preliminary test with relics and whatnot, then one can't be too horrible).

Of course, Esmeray couldn't overlook the fact that there were only a limited amount of relics available. She was confident that she could retrieve one of them herself; if she didn't have to ability to do so, then that would be a personal fault and shame.

After the blonde boy finished asking his questions, the launchpads beneath the potential Huntsmen and Huntresses' feet shot them into the sky. As Esmeray flew upwards, she reached into her small pouch of useless belongings, pulling out a clear pebble. She manifested the energy of her power into it, watching it seemingly transform into a mini parachute right before her eyes. Esmeray allowed herself to drop rapidly, gaining speed as she felt ripples of harsh wind blowing against her face. Just when Esmeray saw blurs of green beginning to grow closer and closer to her body, she opened her parachute illusion, her descent slowing down almost immediately. Esmeray's landing was still a bit rough as she curled into a ball to sustain impact, but she didn't retain any injuries other than maybe a scratch or two. Perhaps she could've landed in a safer and gentler way, but Esmeray preferred to be efficient. After all, there wasn't much time to spare.

Esmeray lifted her hold of her illusion as she stood up, the parachute morphing back into a small pebble as it tumbled across the ground. She had only sustained the illusion for about thirty seconds or so; she could easily create another illusion if needed.

Setting

Characters Present

No characters tagged in this post!

0.00 INK

ImageImage
x
x
x
POSTING
愛の花

Korruption ; StarlightPrincess
Kyung Seongjae


Image

Image

DIALOGUE : #4e817d xxx THOUGHT : #ba982d

Image

ImageImage
"Dude, have you heard of Speed?" Hiro questioned his brunette best friend in his native tongue, sipping his cappuccino. Technically, Seongjae wasn't supposed to be talking with customers, but it was his break, and Hiro devotedly frequented one of the cafes he worked at, partly to support his best friend, and partly just to fit in some more time with him, considering Seongjae's busy schedule of part-time jobs.

"Speed?" Seongjae thought it over. "Never have. Who are they?"

"See, that's the thing, Speed is so fucking underrated," Hiro bit into his chocolate muffin as he spoke."They used to be part of Coed School back in 2012, but they disbanded. The guys - 'cause Coed School was obviously a coed Kpop group - became Speed. Practically no one knows who they are, but they're really good. Their situation is even worse than U-KISS's." Hiro chugged his coffee before continuing. "You should check 'em out, Seong-ah. Their choreo is amazing."

"I be sure to do that when my next shift's over," Seongjae replied, looking at the clock - five minutes left. Hiro frowned slightly.

"Seongjae-kun, we graduated less than a week ago," Hiro began, tone rather somber. "You got into SNUMNS, right? I mean, your test scores were brilliant."

Seongjae sighed, stealing a piece of Hiro's muffin. "Yeah, I did," he muttered. "I'm not going to college this year, though."

Hiro slamed his coffee down on the table, nearly cracking the mug. "What?!" he screeched, catching the attention of the other customers. He gave them a strained smile, bowing his head and muttering apologies before turning back to Seongjae, whispering harshly, "What do you mean you aren't going to college this year?"

Seongjae sighed again, stealing Hiro's coffee as well as his muffin. "The school gave me a partial scholarship, but the tuition's still expensive. Hiro, I'm fucking broke, and my uncle's not that rich. I can't afford it right now. Maybe next year."

"So what are you going to do this year? Work?"

"Maybe. I could travel to Japan this year, or maybe Bulgaria." Seongjae said the last part in Korean, not recalling the term for his biological father's home country in Japanese.

"Seongjae, you are in no shape to travel if you're trying to save money for college tuition."

". . . I might not go to college at all, in that case."

Hiro gaped. "Kyung Seongjae!" He snatched his coffee back. There was a long moment of silence between the two friends as Hiro sipped his coffee. Finally, the auburn-haired teen sighed. "Seongjae, if you don't want to go to college, I'll support you. In fact, I'll support you no matter what you do. But it's not going to be easy to get a good job. After all, this is South Korea. College is practically required for basic survival past the age of twenty-three."

Seongjae groaned, leaning back in his chair. He was about to reply when he boss called for him to continue work. Seongjae sat up, returning Hiro's muffin. "Gotta go right now, but about the college shit . . . who said I was staying in Korea?"

Seongjae dashed back to the counter just as Hiro got what he was trying to convey, the auburn-haired boy whipping his head around to squint at his best friend's retreating apron-clathed form.

---

Seongjae groaned - it was already eleven at night by the time he finished the day's work. He was grateful that he had the opportunity to work and earn money, don't get him wrong, but the amount of part-time jobs Seongjae worked could honestly be a pain in the ass.

Seongjae still had to clear out the boxes in the back of his closet. They were his passed mother's possessions; Seongjae knew it was rather late for him to start sorting through her things, considering that she passed away almost half and decade ago, but he never came around to it. He had, however, made it a goal to sift through the items once he graduated from high school, and that had happened three days ago.

Seongjae sifted through the boxes, waves of nostalgia hitting him. He was planning on donating things he didn't need, but he later figured out that that definitely wouldn't be happening. Every time he stumbled across something with no practical use, he found himself putting it in the "keep" pile anyway, purely for sentimental reasons.

At the very bottom of the second box was a simple envelope, made of faded cream cardstock. Seongjae furrowed a brow, slowly picking it up. He could tell that the envelope had been opened in the past, but it was resealed. Seongjae contemplated over whether he should open it or not; at last, he finally chose to do so, carefully urging the envelope open in favor of not ruining the letter.

Inside the heavy cardstock envelope was a letter made of thin, bright white paper. Seongjae opened it carefully as if it was going to crumple into dust any minute. His eyebrows shot up; it was in Japanese, and in vertical format. The brunette knew that one of his great-grandparents was full Japanese, but he wasn't aware that his mother could speak the language. Luckily, Seongjae had spent years as Hiro's best friend, and could read hiragana and katakana with ease. His kanji was a bit more limited, but there was always the internet.

Seongjae began reading the letter, opening his Japanese Dictionary app on his phone just in case:

Dear Recipient, member or friend of the Kyung (경; 慶) family,

Fortunately I am doing well, thanks to your help.

The aid my dear friend, Kyung Minseung, has supplied me, is something I can never thank him enough for. However, I can attempt to repay the favor, even if I will eternally be in Kyung Minseung's debt. The recipient of this letter, who I assume is a member of the Kyung family, or someone they deeply trust, can travel to Tokyo, Japan, and request for me at the Minami Shop, where I shall gratefully receive you and teach you the secrets of the Minami family's ways and magic. This is not nearly enough to repay my debt, but it's perhaps the best I can offer.

Kindly look after this matter for me.

Sincerely,
南健二
January 24th, 1996


This letter is really old, Seongjae thought to himself, surprised at his findings. He looked inside the envelope once again, finding even more pieces of paper. There was a paper-clipped handful of money, with "flight money" written on a sticky note in Japanese, along with an address. Seongjae assumed that the address was for the shop.

This is actually really convenient, the scheming portion of Seongjae's mind started to kick into action. After all, I can't afford the university tuition . . . and I did say I wanted to go abroad. Plus, I could learn magic from the famed Minamis!

There was a satisfied smile on Seongjae's face as he went over the pros and cons of following the instructions in the letter. He stood up abruptly, making the sudden decision of choosing to go to Japan as he headed to his room to start packing a suitcase, searching up flights on his phone as he did so. Seoul and Tokyo were both capital cities, and were quite close to each other; booking a flight wouldn't be too hard.

True to Seongjae's words, there was a whole list of flights from either Gimpo or Incheon airport to basically any airport in Tokyo within the next three days. Seongjae booked a flight that would be taking off in 12 hours, praying that he wouldn't be kicked off because of overbooking or something stupid like that.

The brunette bit his lip, finger hovering over the KakaoTalk app as he contemplated on when to message Hiro about his spontaneous decision. Finally, he decided simply to man up and just send Hiro a quick text.

---

Image성재야

news flash, im going to be flying to tokyo tmw

21/02/2018, 23:56
ImageImage
Image
히로야


히로야 is typing...
eXCUSE ME YOUNG MAN
ha, u CANNOT just drop that kind of bomb on me
it's fuckin midnihgt
we just gradutaed from high school, so that means no more cramming until 2 in the morning
aND YOU STILL STAY UP THIS LATE AND JUST DECIDE TO FLY TO ANOTHER COUNTRY
do u even have a passport???


21/02/2018, 23:59ImageImage
Image
성재야

uh, yes, i do have a passport (tho it might expire in a few months ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
and besides, theres a reason behind this
i found a letter from the minamis in my mom's old stuff
long story short, im visiting their shop


22/02/2018, 00:01
ImageImage
Image
히로야


...this is so fucking random seong
but i mean, if you really want to do this...
after all, there's no point in life if you just live in the tiny box of korean standards
just update me regularly and dont poof on me


21/02/2018, 23:59ImageImage
Image
성재야

dang, youre so lovely, hiro, approving me of my
shaneniagns and all that stuf
ill b sure to regularly contact you
youre the best ( ˘ ³˘)♥


22/02/2018, 00:01
Image
---

Seongjae clutched the letter in his hands, anticipation coursing through him. He entered the shop the address on the sticky note had guided him to. Seongjae glanced around the store warily, before approaching the counter and peering at the small sign placed in front of a call bell. Ring for Service, it said in Japanese. Seongjae contemplated his life decisions as he stared at the small sign, before finally deciding just to ring the bell and see where it took him.

View All »Arcs

Arcs are bundles of posts that you can organize on your own. They're useful for telling a story that might span long periods of time or space.

There are no arcs in this roleplay.

View All »Quests

There are no quests in this roleplay.

Events

Soon™.

Game Master Controls

Welcome home, Promethean. Here, you can manage your universe.

Arcs

Arcs are bundles of posts from any location, allowing you to easily capture sub-plots which might be spread out across multiple locations.

Quests

You can create Quests with various rewards, encouraging your players to engage with specific plot lines.

Add Setting » 1 Settings for your players to play in

Settings are the backdrop for the characters in your universe, giving meaning and context to their existence. By creating a number of well-written locations, you can organize your universe into areas and regions.

Navigation

While not required, locations can be organized onto a map. More information soon!

Add Group » 0 Factions to align with

There are no groups in this roleplay!

Collectibles

By creating Collectibles, you can reward your players with unique items that accentuate their character sheets.

Events

You can schedule events for your players to create notifications and schedule times for everyone to plan around.

The Forge

Use your INK to craft new artifacts in Desiderium. Once created, Items cannot be changed, but they can be bought and sold in the marketplace.

Notable Items

No items have been created yet!

The Market

Buy, sell, and even craft your own items in this universe.

Market Data

Market conditions are unknown. Use caution when trading.

Quick Buy (Items Most Recently Listed for Sale)

Open Stores

Notable Items

No items have been created yet!

Fullscreen Chat » Create Topic » Desiderium: Out of Character

Discussions

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Most recent OOC posts in Desiderium

Desiderium

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Desiderium"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.