Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Roleplayer's Timeline

a topic in Library, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

An organized archive of roleplaying guides, including step-by-step, how-to, and general essays on theory.

Re: Roleplayer's Timeline

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Thu May 17, 2012 5:38 am

My first RP experiences that I can recall were with Furcadia and Neopets (by 2002 or 2003 for Furc but potentially earlier for Neo). Not so sure about Neopets (although I'm sure it was a gateway for many children), but Furcadia may be worth a mention. It was originally released in '96. I've seen an article from 2006 calling it the longest running MMO at that point; dunno if that's a verifiable claim or not. I can't tell you much about it beforehand, but by the time I joined, RP was very well-established. I've seen mention of at least some roleplay in Furc at least as far back as '97, though.
RPs:
Spring Rain and Havoc | Witch's Diary | Winter Rose

Need RP advice? Feel free to PM me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marionette
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!