Welcoming New Users: A Guide » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » The Old Multiverse » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

RolePlayGateway Downtime

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

RolePlayGateway Downtime

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:25 pm

Hey everyone, just wanted to give you a quick update on RPG's latest downtime. We're investigating an abnormal surge in traffic volume and intermittent failures in our underlying load-balancing infrastructure. My suspicion is that we're at the limits of our current hardware configuration — I'll let you know as I find more. Thanks for your patience!

tl;dr: we're on it! Updates in this thread as we have them.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver

Re: RolePlayGateway Downtime

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:40 pm

It looks like we had a disk failure on our database server, which was causing intermittent slowdowns in our query pipeline — these slowdowns backed up the request queue, bringing the site to a halt on several occasions over the past week.

On Sunday night, we completed a migration of our database to a new disk, and things seem to be returning to normal. Apologies for any inconvenience!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver

Re: RolePlayGateway Downtime

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:59 pm

Thanks for the update. I had a feeling something was up and I was hopeful a solution could be found.

Zodia195
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!