Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Roleplaying commands! READ THIS ASAP BEFORE YOU POST

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

Roleplaying commands! READ THIS ASAP BEFORE YOU POST

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:57 pm

Alright, this has been driving me nuts. Master took the time to give us a nice looking way to post IC so that you would be able to tell the difference, and few people actually utilize this. (Master was SUPPOSED to make buttons, but he's too busy, so just stop being lazy kiddies and read this).

[ desc ] insert action text here [ /desc ] This will automatically make all your actions go in boldface. Make sure you close up the spaces though, in the parentheses, so it looks like this:
Okami dances, and leaves your friends behind, but your friends don't dance, so they're no friends of hers.

Then there's the speaking command. When you use this command, it's not necessary to use quotes.
[ ic ]I hope people find this helpful. [ /ic ]
Once again, take the spaces out so it looks like this.
"I dance the macarena like a little old woman."

Any questions...
Er, just message me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JimBob
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:05 pm

OOC: I use them! I always do!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:20 pm

Fine, fine, I will use it. I like the way I do mine better, but okay.

Daigotsu
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:22 pm

You can still make what ever parts red, and such.

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:37 am

murr...do we have to have a universal way of rping?

>_> *shakes fist*

Anyway yeah once I start roleplaying for real, I shall keep that in mind.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:31 am

It just looks so much better. And Master took the time out to make them, so I think we should use them. :)

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:25 am

aww...mannn, ze pity factor. Lol...just for you master, just for you. Even though I like to use darkred and brown. >_>

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:33 am

Thanks for the topic, Sudz.

You can still use color. Commands can always be nested.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:41 am

I also had another thought come to me when I saw an error made on a post.

USE THE PREVIEW BUTTON.

It's there for a reason. It's your friend. It helps save you from looking like a goddamned idiot.

Also, spellcheck is your friend. It does the work that your fingers are too lazy to be doing.

Sorry, I'm a perfectionist in this respect, and it just bugs me to see when people are even too lazy to have things done for them. Spellcheck! It requires clicking! Yeesh...

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:49 am

Sudara Okami wrote:I also had another thought come to me when I saw an error made on a post.

USE THE PREVIEW BUTTON.

It's there for a reason. It's your friend. It helps save you from looking like a goddamned idiot.

That post made my morning

Heheh.. "Goddamned idiot."
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:15 pm

Rebel against the establishment! >_>.

I'll make my posts look better IC, but I dun like how that particular set of commands works.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Re: Arghh!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:16 am

Jewbie wrote:Correcting a few mistakes. ._.'

's faster. THX.

...should be:

Code: Select all
"[b][/b]'s faster. THX."

A repeat of the above? "" does exactly what did from the start.

...should be:

Code: Select all
"A repeat of the above? [ic][/ic] does exactly what [i][/i] did from the start."

Omg, you're so cool, can I kiss you?

And I personally don't see a point in using the [desc] tags, so I'll just stick with my own ways until I'm told that I'm stupid.

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Arghh!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:27 pm

And I personally don't see a point in using the [desc] tags, so I'll just stick with my own ways until I'm told that I'm stupid.

you're stupid.

And for all you little bitches out there complaining, I asked Master the same thing, and he said that he preferred everyone use the roleplaying commands.

Now shut the hell up and stop whining.

I am so tired right now. Darn you college for killing me.

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:59 pm

Damn you beat me to it.

...and why can't he just delete the commands the people who want to still carry on that way can just BOLD and stuff, its basically the same thing. o__o; *pats Master* Not that its killing me or anything...I've used it well. :)

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:25 am

I can change the way the commands display your text... if we could ever agree on a uniform method.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:14 pm

Personally, I think a uniform method would kind of dull it down. I rather enjoy seeing one person use the commands you said, followed by someone who does it the traditional way, follow by someone who uses different colors for speech and action. Just adds some variety.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:31 am

I mean, yeah, you can always spice your text up. I mean, as far as what the RP tags do to your text. Right now, they add quotations, bold, italics, and the OOC tag to whatever is in them, depending on which one you use.

You can ALWAYS change the color, size... whatever. Was just wondering if anyone wanded the standards changed. I like actions and descriptions to be bold, it works out real well. Quotations and italics, I like that as well. The bold OOC: prefix is quite literally perfect.

However, if anyone thinks the way these tags act should change, lemme know.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melika on Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:12 pm

I think they work fine, but buttons would be nice. ^_~

It helps give everything a smooth look and makes it easier for everyone to know what's happening in an RP.

Melika
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:14 pm

Actually. Let me do the buttons right NOW.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yoshino on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:07 pm

Call me presumptuous, but I'll be blunt: why is a post necessarily in script form? Why can't we do it in a novelized format? I think a post is just as interesting, if not more interesting, when written as if a page in a book, and just as easy to follow if you know what quotation marks and various punctuation and adjectives indicate. Whereas I can conform, it just seems impractical.

Yoshino
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.