Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

RPA Camp: Konami- OOC

a topic in Role Play Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Having trouble understanding how roleplay works? Jump in here and ask for some help, you'll have a personal guide to help you out in various places as you play around the site.

RPA Camp: Konami- OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:25 am

Brief overview:

ooc- out of character
ic- in character
metagaming- information you read that will otherwise not be knowledgeable by your character. For example, Cathy is using telepathy with Brett--and Sam knows what they shared and talks to those characters about it. There is no way Sam would have known this information, if Cathy didn't link her thought's with sam--which mean the roleplayer for Sam was metagaming. If this is still confusing, feel free to PM or message me and I will try to explain it as best I can.
GM- Gamemaster- moves the plot forward. I will be the GM for this rp, and you will notice that characters under my control will allow things to progress into a story plot.

These terms will be seen quite often from here on, as you can see the sign up is now OOC, which means you should keep all ooc posts, questions, and the like in this thread and I will surely answer.

There are several styles of roleplaying, and styles of writing. Some roleplayers prefer to write in 1st person, while others write in third--feel free to choose whichever writing style you like. There are 3 major roleplaying styles that are popular in several RP boards,forums, and chats alike, those are known as Open (Orthodox), closed(unorthodox), and hybrid (both open and closed). As we all know by now, roleplaying is an evolved subculture derived from D&D and RP Games. In D&D you cannot control characters beyond your own, this is an orthodox style of roleplaying--therefore in forum-based RP you can only control your own character's actions. In some instances, experienced writers will RP closed, where they control other roleplayer's characters because he/she knows enough about the character to carry out dialog and re-actions--but it still allows the roleplayers to respond to continue the rp. Hybrid is a combination of both, and if anyone is interested in learning how hybrid works, feel free to ask.

To start off, we will all be roleplaying orthodox, because it is the most critical style that everyone must master before using other styles of roleplaying.

The following are the settings of the world our characters will be; the IC thread, that I will soon create, will provide further details of how everyone's characters arrived there and the like.

The world has several themes, religion, martial arts, alchemy, technology and very little magic--however, magic will be covered independently.

-
Konami

Shrine of Descendent Priests-North (Beyond the Creek)

This Shrine is dedicated to the priests who protected the land of Konami for centuries. Upon the rise of self government, the priests removed themselves as rulers and were finally able to rest in peace. The Priests were praised for their hard work in Konami, and in return a celebration is made every year to honor the descendent Priests.

Star Leaf Creek-North

Since the creation of Konami and the orbit around the red sun, a popular tree known as “Star Leaf” has taken growth past the gates of Konami’s capital; bordering the Shrine of Descendent Priests. The leaves of this tree has a mystical power, that only a few alchemists know how to use. It is also used for rejuvenation by drinking Star Leaf tea--it is also said that it can cure illnesses by making the leaves into sugar. The creek is acres across the north axis of Konami.

Capital: Osaka-North West

The inspiring grand palace of Konami resides here, along with it’s new Emperor, serving as a monument of Osaka. Osaka takes up a big part of Konami, separated by districts and surrounded by 100 foot walls. Supplies, deeds, or anything you can think of can be found in the Market district. The Residence district takes a large percentage of the land by the palace garden. The famous Arena district can be found east of the palace, south of it is the Military district. Advancement in steam operated machinery is fully funded by the Emperor, in which several scholars and scientists create new inventions in the Industrial District.

Crimson Mountains-North East

The Crimson mountains is a very popular place to live. From these mountains, you can see the red sun set, a breath taking inspiration. The mountain got it’s name from the many flowers that grow on the mountains which reflect the setting colors of the sun, taking the appearance of Crimson mountains. It is a rugged terrain, but if you’re physically fit, climbing these mountains everyday would be a breeze.

Yokosuka Bay-East

A lovely bay that follows the coastal region of the Crimson mountains. People from Konami gather at the bay during the summer season and spring season. It is a great place to take a vacation; to simply relax and enjoy the tropical fruits that grow only at the coast.

Nakayoshi Plantation-South East

This plantation was once owned by Nakayoshi, a powerful Emperor who once ruled Konami centuries ago before the Descendent Priests. Nakayoshi had a great fortress that resided in the Star Leaf creek, until the great wind season passed through the creek; the fortress collapsed to the center of Konami. Nakayoshi fell along with his great fortress leaving the plantation to the farmers who lived there. It is certain that Nakayoshi is dead, but his spirit lives on for the care of his plantation; he brings nourishment to the soil, and every harvest season will always be but enough food to feed all of Konami.

Abandoned Plains-South

The abandoned plains is where the civil war took place between Sky Dojo and Yoroshiku Dojo. Sky Dojo once resided in these flourished plains, after the war, and the retreat of the Sky Dojo the flowers of the plains stopped blossoming and it snowed everyday since then. It is not known why the land turned solemn in a thick sheet of snow, but know one could really live here because it is so cold. The farmers of Nakayoshi Plantation proclaim that when Sky Dojo retreated to the heavens, they tore a hole in the night sky, causing the crystals of the night to break and shatter across the plains. In other words, it only began to snow once the Sky Dojo left Konami.

Kodansha Fishing Docks-South West

Kodansha was a famous family of fishermen; the Kodansha family: Master Kodansha, Mistress Yoko, twins Lord Takahashi and Lord Yusuke, along with young Lady Sakura were all great fishermen. They brought fish every month to sell at the docks, and there was never a day without a great meal of fish from the sea. The docks were not named after the family until the day they became lost at sea, along with the fatal accident of Nakayoshi, the Kodansha were reported lost at sea due to the great wind season that took Konami into a plunge of devastation. Today many residents near the fishing docks fish; it is a tradition to have at least one fishermen in every household.

Yoroshiku Dojo-West

Yoroshiku Dojo were allies to the arch priests who went to war against the Sky Dojo. They have written themselves into Konami’s history, those who wish to take on the Yoroshiku name continue to train under the influence. A great skill of martial arts that deals with speed, strength, and charisma can be taught by the Yoshiko Dojo; this martial art style is called Jidaishisou. Yoroshiku warriors use the immense power and possess great skill of jidaishisou.

Grave of Fallen Soldiers-North West

This grave site has forever been the graves of all the fallen soldiers from the wars Konami has endured. Many families throughout Konami come to visit the graves every month or so; some town people believe that if the fallen soldiers were ever forgotten all hell would break loose on Konami. The memory of those who were buried here are passed on to their family members, simply loosing this memory will cause havoc for Konami.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

My char

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thi-edge on Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:06 pm

Name: Janus Skyelar

Family And Background:
Janus was born in Europe and was raised there since his birth, his parents are two great merchants named Idalia and Faust,Janus doesnt have a brothers or sisters. Even being raised by their parents, Janus didnt had so much contact with his parents, they are always busy with work, he likes his past even it being filled by loneliness, he always had what he wanted but in exchange he doesnt received much love from his family.
Profession:
Janus is studying to be a magician, he entered in the arcane academy after his 9th grade of the normal system, he started his days on school as a arcane magic apprentice some weeks ago, impressed with the magic theories, he choosen this way so he could win more atention of his parents and companions.
Personality:
The people that know Janus think that he is a cold and wise student, dedicated to win something that they dont know, but when you get closer to him you discover that he is a nice and gentle, but Janus doesnt see a bright future ahead, he just wants atention and recognizment, he thinks that if he could change something in the world, everything, he was going to make his parents look more for him, Janus fears the hell of loneliness, he hates to be alone but he learned to live with that, he has the mania of stretching his fingers when he is getting ready to do something.
Preferences and tastes:
Janus loves to read in his free time, and he likes to wear social clothing, because it suits his magic essence, he carries out his grimoire to wherever he goes,The grimoire name is "Icicle edges" a text talking about all kinds of water and ice based magic, even being a starter in magic he still kinda used to the book, He is a loner, no by his own choice, he just needs to live with that.
Appearance
Eyes color: brown
Skin color : Pale
physic: Not so strong, not so slim
Blood type : A
Other things: Long hair, always wearing social clothing

Oh well i tried to do a simple but good char, writters say that the more complex that the char gets, more marking he will be in a history, my english is terrible but i tried my best, please be gente when critizing it XP ^^
Last edited by thi-edge on Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thi-edge
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: RPA Camp Sign-up sheet

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dajonaz on Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:26 pm

character name: Nel Cryptica

family and background:
Nel was bourne in a small village where people weren't afraid of the use and training in black magic arts.
But when the country had some inner problems, the king wanted his country clean and sent his army to all villages over his country to get rid of all black magic and it's followers. When Nel was 6 years old the soldiers reached her village destroyed it, including her father. She and her mother were able to flee to a great forest, where they met a group of wood elves wich where fleeing from the king's army to. They sticked together and Nell learned black arts from her mother and she learned how to use a bow and survival tactics from the wood elves. At the age of 15 she was allready given the rank of druid. Her mother died when she was 19 years old, this was the time she left her new family(the wood elves), and searched for a civilised kingdom where she always dreamed of. Of course this needs a little adaption after passing her youth in the forest, and this is why she ended up in the academy.

profession: druid, she knows how to survive in the wilderness, how to use black arts and bow

personality: chaotic, she doesn't like soldiers from the army, guards or people in shining armor fighting with a sword in general, cause she has some bad memories involving this people (they destroyed her village). She is used to travel and has only few, but very good friends. She is very kind and likes to help the innocent. on the other hand, she has no mercy for those who deserve to be punished.

appearance:(human,19 years old, female) average height, dark red almost brown hairs, green eyes, mostly wearing light boots and gloves(armor), druidstyle clothing and a hood

if the backgroundstory causes any trouble in the setting you have in mind, i'll change it...
my english isn't that good, but let's say Nel has not been to grammar school cause she allways had to travel around in the forest.
Last edited by Dajonaz on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dajonaz
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubiks14 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Name: Jumai

Background
Jumai was born in a small city that remained from the war a few years before. Before he was even old enough to walk, Jumai's mother abandoned him a nearby forest. Jumai was soon adopted by bears and lived with them until he was around five years old. In that time he learned about how to fend for himself in the wild by watching how the bears acted. He then decided to leave the bears to live on his own in the wilderness. He quickly learned about different plants and animals that he had never seen while living with the bears. He also learned how to communicate with every different species of animal in some way. As more time went by, Jumai began to show great respect towards nature and what it had to offer. He now demands himself to not hurt any animal he encounters and relies on different herbs, vegetables and fruits for any of his needs. Jumai very rarely sees a human, but when he does he watches them carefully to make sure that they have no intention of hurting the animals of the forest in any way.

Profession:
Jumai is all around a survivalist. In his long time of living in the wilderness he has learned to differentiate poisonous plants from non poisonous plants and has even experimented with alchemy a bit. He has also developed a great sense of direction, he can quickly find a place even if he has only been there one time.

Personality:
Jumai is a gentle being. He is very curious and witty and enjoys trying to learn new things. Jumai has an interest in human nature as a whole and wishes to one day meet someone who could teach him more about it. He knows that he is a human but he knows from the few other humans he has seen that he is very different from them. He is afraid of not ever being accepted by other humans so he attempts to shy away from them as much as possible.

Likes and Dislikes:
Jumai enjoys playing with other animals. He likes to watch the birds fly and enjoys watching a beautiful sunset every now and then. He also likes to experiment and discover new things about nature. He dislikes anybody who could honestly think about destroying any part of nature just because.

Appearance:
Male human between the age of 20 and 25. Jumai's skin is slightly tan and is quite tough. His hair is brown and curly and runs down to about the middle of his back. His eyes are big and blue and angle just a hint outwards but hardly noticeable. He normally walks around in the nude and covered with mud to stay cool.

rubiks14
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:00 pm

Attenion students: Please note while I see many of you using Thi-Edge's profilr stats note there are other ways in which you can post your profile.

This is a standard basic profile you may wish to consider but is not required. Delve can further direct you in what types of Profiles she'll want you to take if she has a preference.

Name:
Weight:
Eye color:
Hair color:

Bio

Wardrobe:

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:41 am

Unless there is a standard profile requirement for other RP sections to cover, I will. At the moment it isn't required, but if anyone wants to elaborate more on profiles, just let me know. If there are no further sign ups--for those who have, are you all ready to start now or would you like more people to sign up? Seems like traffic is a bit slow.

Delve
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thi-edge on Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:36 am

Delve-chan dont worry about my opinion just Pm me when the rp get set up ok?
=D
But in my opinion my char is at least acceptable for the test rp so... ^^

thi-edge
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:00 pm

You covered the basics of a roleplaying character.

For sparring characters its best to include equipment/weapons and skills/powers.

So if anyone plans to spar..make sure to include those for reference--if not for yourself, then for me.

Delve
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathiscold on Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:24 am

do you mind if i name a kingdom in my backround? if so i will edit later

Name:erick black
Height: 6 foot
Weight: 80kg
Eye color: iorn grey
Hair color: white
Dislikes:cold,magic
worships:the god of winter is portrayed as a mature man with the traits of a fox. He has a graceful build. His almond-shaped eyes are white He is usually belived to be wearing an elegant costume made from living snow
Bio: erick grew up in the frozen highlands of the north.for hundreds of years his villiage had been isolated from the world. but one day men from the kingdom of sabriel came and gave the men of the village one choice to join the army or die.some joined some tried to fight. after 3 mounths of travle at the hights of the world burning and killing those who would not join.erick was then sent to the academy

Wardrobe:thick bear skin outer wear and standed leather combat gear

deathiscold
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dajonaz on Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:07 am

i'm ready to start our class
for me personally i think to many people in our class could make things more complicated and for my first rpg i prefer things kept simple.

i'll think about nel's skills, equipment and powers and i'll change her character sheet later.

Dajonaz
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:52 pm

Dajonaz wrote:i'm ready to start our class
for me personally i think to many people in our class could make things more complicated and for my first rpg i prefer things kept simple.

i'll think about nel's skills, equipment and powers and i'll change her character sheet later.

I will still give everyone 1 on 1 feedback. I am just giving you the freedom of roleplaying at your leisure. Essentially, after you all graduate you will be roleplaying with several others--which is why I decided to train everyone here using this method--so that you know how to have your character interact with others.

Delve
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathiscold on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:12 am

Lets get it started

deathiscold
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathiscold on Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:51 pm

Sorry to say that i am going to withdraw from the camp.On the acount that i think i would be better served with some one on one roleplaying.Since this is olny like my third rp

deathiscold
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dajonaz on Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:38 pm

hi,
i rly have no idea how i should choose or make skills. maybe nel can learn them in the academy, and i'll make an updated char cheat like a test before my graduation, if that is ok?

anyways, i'm still in

Dajonaz
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:11 pm

Dajonaz wrote:hi,
i rly have no idea how i should choose or make skills. maybe nel can learn them in the academy, and i'll make an updated char cheat like a test before my graduation, if that is ok?

anyways, i'm still in

You can start off by listing some basic skills--magic, technology..etc. I can go over that thoroughly via messenger or PM--whichever is more effective for you and which skills you are most familiar with already.

Delve
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubiks14 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:32 pm

I would like to withdraw from the camp please. I don't have as much time now as I did when I signed up on this site and for the camp.

rubiks14
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:37 pm

Name: Tirou Naralocka
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 153
Eye color: Green
Hair color: Dark Green
Bio: Tirou can be defined by the near constant grin on her face, she is mischievous, curious, and sneaky. She often feigns innoncence when in public settings.
Wardrobe: Tirou wears fairly baggy, dark colored clothing. She has numerous pockets for who knows what. Her hair is long, reaching almost down to her mid-back. What appears to be only an iron circle hangs from a silver chain necklace, the medallion is permanently cold to the touch, and can help Tirou meld into the shadows.
Weaponry: Two short swords hang from her hips (When appropriate, AKA, not in public.), assorted fist weapons, poisons, and powders.
Profession: Professional People-Getter-Ridder-Of...er. Or if you wanna be offical, an assassin. But she has a good heart!
Weakness: A lust for power, and cute things... And cake.
If anything needs clarification or needs to be added, I'd be more than happy to indulge! :D Or if you feel like bothering me, feel free, in fact, I'd appreciate it :P Hope to have a fun time RPing with all of you!

Shadeyrou
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:20 pm

Mm. Cake is good.

I will be providing the RP info on the first post today. However, I am still helping a few others who want to improve their profiles right this very moment--in fact. I will do my best to start it today, as soon as I helped everyone who needed it.

Delve
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:23 pm

Delve wrote:Mm. Cake is good.

I will be providing the RP info on the first post today. However, I am still helping a few others who want to improve their profiles right this very moment--in fact. I will do my best to start it today, as soon as I helped everyone who needed it.

I freakin' love cake >> But, yay! I'm lookin' forward to it :D

Shadeyrou
Member for 11 years

Re: RPA Camp: Konami- OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:57 pm

I updated the information, I will PM everyone the link when I get the RP up and going. You will notice characters of my own that will allow interaction with everyone else's based on your character's line of interest. You can choose to stay as a group of characters or wander off with any of mine. For now, just read over the first post--and if anyone has any questions feel free to contact me or ask here.

Delve
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.