Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

RPA: Eymber And Matthias

a topic in Role Play Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Having trouble understanding how roleplay works? Jump in here and ask for some help, you'll have a personal guide to help you out in various places as you play around the site.

RPA: Eymber And Matthias

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Hello! Here will be where we do our sessions. There is so much that I could say starting off, but I feel that I will just go over the basics.

First: All out of character chatter will be in the color BLUE... so please make sure that you do that. It helps me discern what is In Character and what is Out of Character.

Second: Spoken words by the characters will be defined with Italics.

Third: And this is the most important. As defined by the Code of Conduct, your character will have little to no memory of who or what he was or is. [Oy, that doesn't make sense...] In other words, the only thing that your character will come into this knowing, is how to talk, what things are, and his own name and age. [Give or take.] SO... without further foot-dragging, I'm going to start us off. MASSIVE FANTASY ATTACK BEGIN!

Eymber stared up at the purple sky, her own eyes mirroring the color naturally. She smiled a bit, watching the bird-like animals fly from tree to tree. This was her home, Legerdemain Forest. For miles in every direction this forest spread, its brightly colored trees and bushes giving homes to the strange and amazing creatures that lived here. She leaned back against the Colossal Mushroom, sliding down its stalk to rest on the carpet-soft grass.

The woman twirled her fingers within the blue-tipped turf, awaiting the on who was destined to come today. The powers that be, which resided over all the worlds and those who dwell within them, had sent for this one to come to her for wisdom and guidance. All she was to do was keep a watchful eye on the north. This was not a hard job for her to do, as the crimson sun was setting to the South and the blue sun was rising in the north-west. It would be hours still before the tangerine moon would fine its way over the horizon.

She glanced up, thinking that she had heard something. Quickly standing, she brushed off her light-blue tunic, removing the remnants of the grass from her seat, and rearranged her hair, pushing the long obsidian tresses behind her ears and shoulders. Standing there, she pictured herself and smiled. She looked like an elf. The shorts of her tunic came halfway down her thighs, and the blouse was short-sleeved and collared. The whole outfit was a button-up, with a belt accentuating her slender figure. Her skin was pale, compared to her surroundings, yet seemed to give off its own glow. She faced the North, hearing her ward approaching.

...Arise and be all that you dream....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eymber
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: RPA: Eymber And Matthias

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:40 pm

I like the color blue. My favorite of all colors, side from pink on those special occasions. >_>;

Disoriented clouds flowed through the complexing purple sky; Emerald optics shadowed by contrasting color. Vegetation at a blue gave way beneath the soles of this stranger, stepping in awe. Fascinated by the variable colors of the surrounding nature. How the eccentric creatures of the day pounced, pranced, and sauntered. The atmosphere itself was soothing yet unsettling. Strands of auburn striking through the atmosphere, dancing on shoulders, or laying idle against ones' own back; Through and through a smile at it's peak with pearly whites showing.

Five digits were just as unsettling as the creatures of the wilderness. Unable to keep a steady hand, they orchestrated in such a manner, that to him, was like music. Now, deem this musical instrament silent to our ears, there is one creature that hears and swoons at it's own beckoning. Such a creature of magnificent proportions and beauty that rivals even the males own playfull, conceited mind. And, as if it were just a coincidence, and unsuspected greeting, a cawe of it's own kind did meet with keen ears. And oh how the man hopped with simple musings from the bird that came to steadily rest atop the right shoulder. Sleeves cut off, jagged over the pits, the white button up shirt was the birds mat, the clothing, and a symbol for a clear mind. Ember and sparks manifested this bird. The Phoenix. While the right hand, musically talented as it is, seemed to be able to do no more with those twitching fingers, 'less a item of some weight be held. So, with the left, fingers pressed softly against the birds left side, sliding down it's flaming coat.

Flaps of black, what some could consider 'dressing pants' adored the lower half of the body; fitting to make a decent, clean, and aristocratic look for the man. Such appendages carried him, aided by fate herself, to a new beginning. Exstatic in mind, body, and spirit he could not wait to reach the warm embrass of destiny just ahead. With a smile. With hopefull hops. With companion. With spirit he came through. Emerald pools fixated upon a lovely beauty feet away. A faint tilt and still that same broad smile greeted the elfen woman.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Matthias
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:15 pm

Once again, my friend, I wish to apologize for it taking so long for my response. Finally I was able to sleep a night without waking up and coughing my lungs out, so here goes nothing.

As I read over you post, I noticed many things. First off, your vocabulary is amazing, but the description somewhat overshadows the actual meaning of the post. I would like to take you back down to almost noob-ish RP for a bit, and then work up. This may seem strange, but I feel that your RP right now is still a bit disconnected from the meaning that you need.

The first paragraph was quite hard to understand, and there were many incomplete sentences.
The second paragraph is something that I wouldn't have understood at all without having read your profiles.
The third, much better when it came to readability and flow, until the series of incomplete sentences...

What I want you to do is re-write the post, without the fluff... without trying to sound pretty... and without worrying about repeating words. I want you to break it down to something a young child could understand. And then we'll build up from there.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Eymber
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:37 am

Fine by me. o_o Let the tutoring begin!

Once, I use to rule this forsaken body, slaying all those that stood in my way or just for pure pleasure. My appetite for power became stronger and stronger as those thugs, cops, and innocents fell down before me. Never was I so weak to let emotions get in the way of the things I wanted - and what I wanted was revenge. To put down the naive souls of one particular group of thugs. Their numbers mattered not nor the ten folds of their strength, for I had pride. Probably passed down from the man these thugs stole from me at age seven, my Father. Dirty as he may of been, you don't mess with family. My life was built up and around in a plot to destroy them. All of them. But who would've thought family would betray family..

Mother wasn't alike when compared to Father. Her soft emotions and babblings of justice were nothing to me. But, when time came and when all her prayers failed, in a final attempt to stop me - she met her demise at the end of a pocket knife. The metallic blade soaked in innocent blood, familiar to him, yet family. This was his last yeilding family member that took any notice of him. That had raised me, fed me, clothed me, and tryed to do the best for and I repay her by giving her death. But it's a natural reflex to whip the blade out and thrust when being assailed! A mere accident! This was the beginning of my own end, the loss of my revenge.

Something snapped, a part of me that I tried to hold back for many years. Oh how I hated the drops rush down my dirty cheeks, and washing away some of the muck. How the incompetent fool fell to his knees and weeped harder! He even had the audacity to ask for forgiveness! Father, forgive me for I have sinned!!
the male yelled! Gah! This one incident turned everything around and brought him into play. The weak fool.

Pater Pecavvi. I've drawn regret from a thousand lies. So let mercy come and wash away what I've done. I'll face myself to cross out what I've become; Erase myself and let go of what I've done. I'll start again for what I've done and whatever pain may come, this ends today.

A muffled voice stuttered. Low at first, slowly getting higher until reaching a peak that woke the one speaking. Startled, he quickly rushed to his feet, but with such a rash choice, he ended making himself familiar with the limb of a very colorful tree. Aawwgghh!! the 5'7" male cried. Arms cupped over the head, hands padding the bump while he whimpered. Carefully he placed himself out from beneath the tree where he would then begin to roam the landscape with those fair Emerald optics. The land was very vibrant with all it's blues, reds, and violets at display. But it was the sky that amazed this clumsy male. At one end there was a blue sky and the opposite end a red one; each vibrating off the two beacons rising and descending from the sky. The left appendage rose and with an index pointed right in the middle of the sky, where the two colors were bound to meet and speaking to himself thought that that is where he would want to be.

With that in mind the young male dusted off the white, long-sleeved, button up shirt that adorned the upper body. Nooo!!! My lovely shirt is dirty! He pouted. With a snap he bent over to dust off the black pair of pants he wore, not so much dirty as the shirt. He rose with a totally different mood; right leg over right he quickly gave himself a full turn before moving forward. Right. Left. Right. Slide. Suddenly he stopped, giggling to himself before giving a sigh of relief. With a laugh he continued, giving a hop and catching himself with the right leg. With every hop the leg swapped to catch. Now, every now and then he'd throw in a spin, but not to always catch himself, but that didn't stop the guy from moving forward.

Bounds of auburn bounced off of shoulders and back with each simple hop. But, even though he may have been laughing and having a good time just with his own musing and eyeing the displays of the forestry it still felt like something or somebody was missing from him. He couldn't put a finger on it but it was like they were waiting for him. A feeling in the pit of his stomach each time those Emerald optics peered up at the rising sun. Hops of glee settled down to a point that the tips of feet never left the ground and that giddy laugh settled down to a mere smile. This felt all too odd for him but something new arose.

Why, it was the guys own right hand that caught his attention. They moved in a disoriented manner to him and unable to stop or even slow them down. The guy literally LOL'D (( LOL XD )) at himself. Stop it! Stop it now! He demanded, but to no avail. Even roughly shaking the hand. Without even thinking about how ridiculous this may have seemed to others he continued to walk without any sort of direction in which he was going, disoriented, and shouting at his hand to stop twiddling around.

Everything questionable went unanswered and never thought about. Even that rare unsteady voice that talked in the back of his mind. This spiritual energy that pulsated within his body went unnoticed for now. Though, through time, reasoning, and patience most questions will be answered. Perhaps his were to be answered here within this forest. And, when the time arose to meet Destiny herself, laced in a short-sleeved blue tunic, dark hair pinned behind the ears and flat against the shoulders, and a body that blew the mind, all this poor soul could do is hop to her. Until they were feet apart he had come with a smile, with giddy laughter, and with a roughly shaken hand. What are you doing, hand?! In a final attempt to do something about it.

Pater Pecavvi

Father, I have sinned.

I'm sorry, but I had some time, so I re-did the post, again. Personally, I like this one much better. I even had to make my character go "LOL".
Last edited by Matthias on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Matthias
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:20 am

I have to not be online for a bit. PLease see my post in the welcome desk.I'm very sorry

Eymber
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:10 pm

Then here I'll wait for your return. ^_^

Matthias
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:45 am

I figured I'd just go ahead and re-do my introductory post again, for a third time. Hope this one appeals to others much better. =)Just scroll up and you'll see it. =]

Matthias
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.