Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

RPG Acad Belasko and Edge

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

RPG Acad Belasko and Edge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:30 pm

edge-four-basic-lessons-rpging-t2491.html

While I'm trying out a new way of interacting and teaching, these are some base lessons you should take the time to read. Don't feel like you have to read them all at once. It's just good reference material for when you get stuck and what I'll be looking for.

For the moment, just respond to the post. Try and write at least a paragraph so I can get a feel for your writing. Don't worry about the length, you can do more or less of what I did. If you want to post a character Bio, go ahead. The time frame partly depends on what you want it to be.

The guest was asleep in the bed by the window, the soft fall breezes drifting by. The person was warm and safe beneath the soft linen comforter, it was a better then what this person had been covered before. The "child", for all who were younger then this Gatekeeper were but children to him, was sleeping much more peacefully than a few hours earlier, where delirious raving about an inability to recollect who they were, where they were from, and the worry of something else.. a secret perhaps? The Gatekeeper mused as he poured out a glass of wine in his small bedroom.

Based on that, and the nightmares this person had, Vale had concluded his visitor was an amnesiac; someone whose memory has been wiped away by a traumatic event. But perhaps it hadn't been an accident... It seemed to fit, as Vale had found the person laying in the alley way. But after ex aiming that alleyway it was clear the body had been moved there to be found... So was there a shadow figure trying to save this person? Was there a secret this person in the bed knew? What mysteries could be found if any? Walking toward a nightstand beside the bed, Vale replaced the washcloth on his guest's forehead with a cool fresh one.

"You're going to have to wake up eventually, you know," he said softly into the ear of the sleeper. "And when you do... you'll find you were dreaming after all..."

He smiled to himself as he ran a hand through his blond hair, "But perhaps for now, this dream land is the safest place for you."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Re: RPG Acad Belasko and Edge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby belasko on Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:54 pm

He awoke from his slumber slowly, the morning sunlight from the window helped the process. His eyes opened and began to survey the room, confusion danced across his face and was soon replaced by panic. In the span of seconds a hundred questions passed through his mind and drifted away as there was no answers. He pushed himself upright and felt the damp cloth land in his lap. He now took a second look at the room and noticed the rich colored portrait of a young woman sitting poise and dignified. He caught the scent of beef and potatoes on a side table beside the bed, he felt his stomach rumble and his mouth water.

As he ate he stared out the window into the town, watching as people continued their day to day lives. The echos of footsteps on the rough cobblestone streets resinated off the brickwork houses in to the room. His heart jumped as he heard the door handle turn and realized that someone was entering the room, fear froze him and all he could do was wait.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

belasko
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: RPG Acad Belasko and Edge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:17 am

Ooc: Over all this was a fairly solid post. There is room for rewording. You go into sight, sound, and the feel of the room quite well but stiffly placed- don't be afraid of noting smaller details such as "is the room dark or light?" or "What material is on the bed?" Right now I'm letting you have some of the lead of the RPG.

Because there is a lack of character to character action, you should focus on some internal battle. “Where am I? Who am I?” I like the detail of the painting, that’s a good thread to throw out to other RPGers.

Vale stepped into the room with an air of grace. His pale eyes seeing that his Dreamer was indeed awake and aware of his surroundings. The tension from the Dreamer’s face made Vale careful as he moved about the room. But Vale was not so lax that he did not note that the food had been touched. Vale smiled at that and moved over to the window, he drew back more of the curtain. The people down below went about their lives without missing a step as light flooded the room and the market of sales pitches and calls rang through the streets, the echoes bouncing off the stone and into the air.

“You’ve been asleep for a while… Are feeling any better?” Vale asked as he leaned against the window allowing for the breeze to pass him by.

It was then he noted that the young Dreamer’s face was looking over his shoulder at the picture. Vale touched the frame and an almost pained look came across his face, but was quickly pushed back.

“Do you recognize her?” he asked gently, but then got up, as if thinking about the painting was too much. The Gatekeeper quickly picked up the bowl and the cloth, before speaking again.

“How rude of me, I must give you my name.” Straightening up, the room dimmed for a second and the breeze turned icy as Vale smiled. “My name is Valadar, the Gatekeeper. Now young one, may I ask for your name?”

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!