Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

RPG Write connection issues? [Resolved]

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

RPG Write connection issues? [Resolved]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WendyDarling on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Hello! I RP on the forum's "RPG Write" tablet with a few other individuals, so I know this isn't limited to one document. Is anyone else having the issue where the tablet keeps trying to reconnect and then disconnects as soon as you start typing, so you can't save anything to the document? It's been a little glitchy for weeks but now it's impossible to use.

It has saved everything we've written so far, but I wasn't sure if this was a temporary issue or something that would have to be resolved, so I thought I would put up a help post. If it's a problem you're already aware of and working on, awesome, if not, I wanted to make sure that someone put up a note about it.

Thanks!
"Wizards didn't kill ordinary people because a) they seldom noticed them and b) it wasn't considered sporting and c) besides, who'd do all the cooking and growing food and things. "

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WendyDarling
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: RPG Write connection issues?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyIrregular on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:46 am

I don't know if this helps, but have you tried the documents on laptops and/or desktops in the same house and the same internet connection (assuming you have them). Sometimes I find that it can be the tablet's connection with the internet that causes problems like that to the writing pads that I use on my iPad, like google docs.

It could be a thing to try if it hasn't been done already, to make sure it isn't your connection. Another thing to try would be connection to a different connection or going on something else to see if it works properly. If it does, then it could be something to do with your connection, if it doesn't then it could be the site. The Write Pad works fine for me currently on my laptop and it is working fine on my iPad too, it seems.

Hope this helps a little to work out what the issue is exactly and sorry I can't help more.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SlightlyIrregular
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WendyDarling on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:02 am

Thanks for your reply! It isn't the connection, it's been tried on several different computers from different places. It still might be the site, however, once I migrated the story to titan pad instead, the RPG Write tablet went back to working. So we think it's possible that we simply had too much writing on the RPG write page? It's our only guess, and we've solved it by changing sites.

Google docs (thanks for reminding me) is another possibility if titan pad conks out on us too. Thanks!

WendyDarling
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:26 am

I've found that if you have a lot of words written into a single line (denoted by the numbers on the side), the Write Pad becomes a bit buggy or may crash.

The cause of this is just writing endlessly into a single line without using the "enter" key to write in a new line.

So be sure to use the enter button.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Re: RPG Write connection issues? [Resolved]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:49 pm

How can we go rescue our writing if there's too much in there?
"Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have." - Norman Vincent Peale

"He broke my sitar, mother****er!" - Anton Newcombe

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Create a new pad to continue the scene in. You might have to copy and paste some of the old pad out so that the word count is less, but that's what I do. :)

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Is it possible to do that with the current status of the WritePad feature?

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:13 pm

skyfemme wrote:Is it possible to do that with the current status of the WritePad feature?

Unfortunately, no.

EDIT: But that status has been reversed, so for the future the help outlined in this thread may be of use for those with the original issue.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!