Rpg Write is Down

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Rpg Write is Down

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slcam on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:16 am

Hey, I have been checking for almost two weeks now, and I noticed that RPG Write is down. It won't load for me, and others have said it does not load for them either. I have tried several of my pads, again, over the course of several days. Is there anyone who could look into this issue, or is it perhaps being worked on?

I am hoping that this can be resolved, otherwise I will end up losing an in progress roleplay among other things...
How I feel when writing a post...
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

slcam
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Rpg Write is Down

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:38 am

I was planning on coming here and starting a thread asking about this issue, but seeing as this thread already exists (with no replies) I'm going to just revive it instead.

RPG Write has been dead for me for MONTHS and I'd very much like to know if someone can tell me what's the cause of this or if there is any hope of it coming back on since me and my co-GM have made the misguided decision of using it for some rather important information regarding an upcoming RP. It would be a massive setback for us if that content was permanently lost.
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blackbird26
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi Blackbird, thank you for your forum etiquette regarding starting a new thread. It is much appreciated.

Given the fact that RPGWrite has seen some inconsistency over the course of not just the previous few months, but including several instances in the past year, I believe it is safe to assume that your aforementioned content is lost. Though I would not say permanently, but definitely inaccessible anytime in the near future. RPGWrite may come back online, but it is indeterminable when.

I would suggest that you keep your information saved in multiple places in the near future. An offline text document, a file in an online drive from one of the major providers such as Windows OneDrive, Google Drive, Amazon Drive, or Apple iCloud, etc.

I would like to formally apologize on behalf of the site as it has been difficult to maintain the collaborative tool as well as we would have liked.

We're sorry for your lost content. However, in my personal view, lost content such as that is only words. They can always be rebuilt, such is the ability of the writer-roleplayer. You may bounce back rather quickly, as I hope you do. I wish you the best of luck.

Namaste.

- VP/Vin
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 9 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:13 am

VP

I had a feeling that would be the case. I spoke to my co-GM yesterday and it seems that he has the most vital of our information (regarding a rather massive expansion of our map) backed up, although some of it is regrettably lost.

I appreciate the quick reply, advice, and kind words. I'm sure that whatever was lost can be recovered in some way eventually. It's just going to be, as I said, a setback.

I wish you and all the staff here all the best as well. :)

Blackbird26
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!