Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

Ruins of Mer

Ruins of Mer

a part of “Ruins of Mer”, a fictional universe by SoulCandy.

Amidst the crumbling ruins of another age. An ancient people, the Mer have made their home. Soon though a threat to their way of life arises. What will become of the gentle people of Mer.[TWO SPOTS OPEN]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ruins of Mer”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Ruins of Mer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulCandy on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:58 pm

roleplay here- http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/ruins-of-mer/

Plot- For years the Sinking islands have been a mystery and the Mer which inhabit them even more so. It isn’t long before a researcher sets out for this island wising to know more about he lost ruins and the mer. they wishes to commutate with hem if he can and him and his assistant sets out to do so.

The researcher isn’t the only one interested in the Mer though a scientist also wishes to study them. He considers them nothing more than fish however and wishes to capture one to dissect, maybe even sell them if they can. Him and his assistant head towards the island as well.

A treasure hunter hears of the ruins and at once thinks about the treasure that could be found there. They know nothing of the Mer but sets out anyone hoping to get their hands on some treasure.

Rouge Mer have migrated from the cold harsh arctic. They are a brutal as there former environment would suggest. Their culture although similar to the Mer of the ruins but different in some aspects. The easily make their way towards the island.

Location- A small Tropical Island, off the coast of Barony. This isle has been slowly sinking in the water for decades. The left side of the island is still above water but the right side is half submerged. On the right side of the island was built a large architect ruins, half of this amazing structure was outside above ground while another half a network of large coven and tunnels was below ground. The half that is below ground because of erosion of the island has become submerged in water. And a lot of the walls have fallen down and opened up to the sea. The Mer once only inhabiting the area around the island and the shallow swamps and large tidal pools moved in the ruins making their small hollow dens in the crumbling rock.

Mer

Features

Mer have very long tails, at least twice the size of human’s legs. There is the large fin at the end of their tails than there are fins on the sides of their tails and a larger one on the small of their back down where their butt would be. These fin flare out to manoeuvre around tight corners and small crevices inside the ruins where they made their homes. These side fins are brightly coloured in green and blues and sometimes rare streaks of purple and pink. They are brightly coloured to attract mates and flare out when around a Mer they are interested in. (Mer mate for life) Tails on males are thicker and stronger while females tend to be slim but still strong.

Facial features are extremely smooth on females and a little rougher on males but not much. Most Mer wear they hair long although there are some who cut it short. There gills are on either side of their necks, these close up when the Mer on land. Mer have slightly sharper teeth than people this is so they can easily into their food, small fish and different types of sea vegetation. Mer unlike mermaids are not friends of fish cannot speak their language or speak with them telepathically.

Mer have pale skin because of the fact they are under water so much and don’t receive much sun, although Mer that make their homes in the pools on the left side of the island tend to have a little more color to them. Mer skin is also smoother and tougher than human skin

In the front of the female tail there is a scale that retracts during intercourse, some with the males a scale retract and there you know becomes apparent. There of course isn’t going to be any mature content in this RP I only included this info to show that a human and Mer relationship is possible but it has and always will end in ruin.

Mer can only survive up about 2 hours above water. It a lot like how whale hold their breath while underwater only it switched. Mer gills close and they hold their breath above water, they can still speak and stuff of course.

Culture

Mer can speak a few human languages they learn fast and depending on where they’ve been pick up things. Mer however cannot speak above ground and do not have a language of their own. Instead Mer use body langue to speak to each other while in water.
Two examples of Mer communication-

A female loosely wrapping her tail or brushing her tail against a male is considered flirting. The more tightly there tails are wrapped together the more intimate it is considered. Mer kiss too but only their actual mates, they use their tails to court each other until then.
If a Mer hits another more tail it can mean their being playful or it can mean ‘go away.’ Depending on the situation of the Mer involved it usually obvious what they telling the other Mer by the facial expression they have while hitting the other Mer.

Mermaids do not wear clothes they don’t need them because ether bodies adjust to whatever temperature they are exposes to. There do however wear accessories, old jewellery found in the ruins or sometime sold netting for shawls. Some don’t bother unlike popular belief Mer are not vain creatures and do not have beautiful voices that can put people in trances.

Mer are hunters, they are intelligent as any human, maybe even more, and they just have a different way of living. The do not hunt humans or attack them useless they feel threatened.

Human and Mer relations are rare but I want there to be a little bit of romance in this rp so
I’ve decided that will be three relations ship

•Human + human
•Mer + Mer
•Human and Mer (only one because it’s very rare)

If you wish this to happen with your character and another person’s just post to the relation and post discussion forum and ask. The first pair to call it gets it, simple as that, even if you don’t the human Mer relationship you can still flirt with each other it just can’t go anywhere’s.

Spots open

Rescearcher-Isabella~ bellelaine
Their assistant-Elliot jones~soulcandy

scientist-Drake~bellelaine
Their assistant-

Treasure hunter-Tiberis~
Partner (optional)-

Rogue Mer female1-Solice~thecarzyfrenchlady
rogue mer male 2-

Mer female 1- Nim~ soulcandy
Mer female2-reserved~
Mer male 1-Eros~ Jane storm
Mer male 2-nikara~Penfold
Last edited by SoulCandy on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SoulCandy
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Ruins of Mer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thecrazyfrenchlady on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:55 pm

can i reserve Mer female 2?
Image Imageǝlƃuɐ ʍǝu ɐ ɯoɹɟ sıɥʇ ʇɐ ƃuıʞool sı The.Crazy.FRENCH..Lady

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thecrazyfrenchlady
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulCandy on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:04 pm

sure it's yours

SoulCandy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thecrazyfrenchlady on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:15 pm

great i will start developing her profile, im assuming for the moment there is no rush.
French x

thecrazyfrenchlady
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulCandy on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

no rush yet
i'm hoping to have all the spots filled within the next two days if i can

SoulCandy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Futal_Rage on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:15 pm

What about a Mer protagonist. I can't imagine the Mer's live in a completely perfect society. If the chance is there I am game.

Its not the how good the background is.
Its not how good the description is.
Its the visualization that people feel from the story.

Futal_Rage
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulCandy on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:22 pm

in the plot i altered it so a rouge mer vists the ruins
He/she could become the protagonist

if you want to take on this role
feel free to reserve
Last edited by SoulCandy on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SoulCandy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulCandy on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:25 pm

and it's not that the Mer live in a society , or even a society at all.
despite there being a lot of them in one place

They don't interact as much as you would expect.
most Mer survive on their own although
there are certain groups that stick together and families stay close

SoulCandy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulCandy on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:27 pm

bump

SoulCandy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bellelaine on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:18 am

I'm going to make the lead researcher!

bellelaine
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulCandy on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:43 am

gho a head my charater elloit is your assiantant

SoulCandy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulCandy on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 am

also we still need some main characters like
the scitenist the tresure hunter and the rogue mer

so if you guys could spread the word see if anyone intersted
or play more than one character that would be great

SoulCandy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 am

Hey there, I was told about this rp from Jane Storm. Can the treasure hunter be female? If you need any more male chars too I can play one.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulCandy on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:34 am

sure the treasure hunter can be female ,
but we do need some more male human characters
so if you want to play a female if you can play another characters that a male that'd be great!

we still the scientist filled out and the rogue mer from the artic filled out
ig you wish to be a rogue mer please keep in mind that their personatly have to be
harsh like anoted in the plot , it's because of the harsh unforgiving isolated envirment they are from

SoulCandy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bellelaine on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 am

Alright, I'll make another character when I get back. Just tell me which one you need me to be and reserve it for me! :)

Good to see ya Zodia :)

bellelaine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thecrazyfrenchlady on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:20 pm

ok i sent in my char, PM me if you want me to edit anything. Hope you like XD

French x

thecrazyfrenchlady
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulCandy on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:05 pm

right he offical starting date of this rp is friday at 3:00 this to allow spot to be filled
and characters edited. Be ready to post shortly after that
sorry fit wseem far away i'm just giving some people mroe time

SoulCandy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulCandy on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:07 pm

as for you belle it would be helpful if you could
fill either the scientist or rogue mer or both
it up to you
no one else is asking fort hose spot left so
your free to decide

SoulCandy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bellelaine on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:12 pm

I defiantly cannot do both, I am in so many RPs right now, if I am take up the scientist should it be a boy or a girl?

Edit: Also, Friday at 3pm I'll be at summer school, then I have rodeo that night, and rodeo the next day... I will not be able to post until Sunday.. I might have time to get one in, but it won't be perfect. After Friday and Saturday I am good to post whenever..

bellelaine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulCandy on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:21 pm

than if you want the scitentsist another male would be nice we don't that many

SoulCandy
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!