Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Rule Of Rose

a topic in Fiction Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Rule Of Rose

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zay Zay~ on Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:59 am

Rule of Rose is a survival horror game. Its plot, set in 1930s England, revolves around a nineteen-year-old girl named Jennifer, who becomes trapped in a world ruled by young girls who have established a class hierarchy called the Red Crayon Aristocrats. The game has been compared to survival horror games Silent Hill and Haunting Ground, due to the psychological horror used throughout and that the main character is accompanied by a canine companion.

Characters
-------------
Jennifer(Open~): The poor, unlucky girl whose parents died aboard an airship. She was taken in by Gregory Wilson, whose son died. In the game, she is (or appears to be) 19. (When she speaks against The Red Crayon Aristocrats at the end of November). Brown, a yellow labrador retriever she found as a child when he was still a puppy, is found in the beginning.

Brown(belthazar666) : A dog that Jennifer finds tied up on the airship. The name "Brown" is scrawled on his collar. After she frees him, the dog becomes her constant companion, helping her find items and ward off the monsters she encounters.

Wendy(open): The lonely princess, she is a frail and sickly girl that Jennifer meets on the airship, as well as the only one who is nice to her. She takes care of the rabbits and has some strange link to Jennifer.

Diana(Eymber): The strong-willed Princess, ranked Duchess; the highest social placement in the Aristocracy under the Princess of the Red Rose. She is very devious and cruel, even towards the other members of the Aristocracy. Often adopts an nonchalant attitude, not caring about how cruel she appears to others. She's Strong-willed, selfish, and most of all proud. She is the object of affection for Meg.

Meg(Open): She holds the third spot in the pecking order. Intelligent, but inflexible, she considers herself faultless and carries her notebook, containing various rules, with her everywhere. Meg was behind some of the devices used to punish members of the group, like the "Torture Chair" and the "Onion Bag". She simply adores Diana and follows her like a puppy. Her Aristocrat rank is "Baroness".

Eleanor(HareFire): The Cold Princess, Her rank in the Red Crayon Aristocrats is "Countess". Nobody knows what's on her mind, because she's so distant and cold. She's always carrying an empty bird cage around.

Amanda(Open): The small-hearted Princess. Prior to Jennifer's arrival, Amanda held the lowest social ranking: Miserable. Initially thankful to Jennifer for lessening the ill treatment she receives, Amanda expressed remorse for following the Aristocrat Club's orders at the end of April. However, as time goes on and Jennifer succeeds Amanda's ranking, a newfound hatred grows within her. Longs to be accepted by the higher members of the Aristocracy, but can never seem to do anything right in their eyes.
Last edited by Zay Zay~ on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zay Zay~
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Rule Of Rose

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:47 pm

I like the idea. Who's the princess of the red rose?

I'm interested in Diana BTW.
...Arise and be all that you dream....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eymber
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HareFire on Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:43 pm

I'm very extremely interested in the character, Eleanor. She sounds very similar to me, lol.

HareFire
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zay Zay~ on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:14 am

Eymber wrote:I like the idea. Who's the princess of the red rose?

I'm interested in Diana BTW.

The princess of the red rose is wendy.

Zay Zay~
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zay Zay~ on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:17 am

HareFire wrote:I'm very extremely interested in the character, Eleanor. She sounds very similar to me, lol.

Ok HareFire you can be Eleanor if u want to.

Zay Zay~
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:38 am

I thought as much, but I wanted to make sure before assuming such. And it is ok if I have the role of Diana?

Eymber
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zay Zay~ on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:16 pm

Eymber wrote:I thought as much, but I wanted to make sure before assuming such. And it is ok if I have the role of Diana?

Sure you can be Diana ,Eyember.

Zay Zay~
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zay Zay~ on Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:13 pm

((I would like to begin th rp now))

Jenifer sat in the halway nervously.While she was sitting she had some green apples in her hand."mmm...."I wonder what i will do today" "Brown, come here boy" brown happily walked toward jenifer and she handed out a apple slice in her hand.

_________________________________--
((PS. Im not that good at rping yet))

Zay Zay~
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby belthazar666 on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:16 pm

Can I be brown?

belthazar666
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zay Zay~ on Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:24 pm

belthazar666 wrote:Can I be brown?

Yea you can be brown

Zay Zay~
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HareFire on Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:42 pm

(I would like to be Eleanor, thanks!)

HareFire
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:09 pm

First off, I would like to point out that in the character list, my username is misspelled. It's Eymber. :D
Second, Eleanor is HareFire...
Third... I will be posting as though we are nowhere near you and have not met you yet. And we will wait for the Princess to get cast before Diana and Eleanor interact with Jennifer and Brown.

If there are any problems, let me know.

Diana allowed her gaze to furrow, glaring towards the 'underling' Amanda. "How dare you speak to me as though we are equals. How Dare You." She lashed out, her voice full of hatred. "Another instance of this and I will send YOU to be the testing dummy of the newest contraption that Meg has thought up." Her black eyes seemed to bore into Amanda's soul, sending chills down the girl's back. She kept a straight face while staring down the girl, her lips pushed together and her chin slightly elevated, giving her a somewhat snobby, but fitting appearance. Her dark-red hair had been pulled back into a tight ponytail, tied off with a black ribbon, keeping it from her face. If there was one thing that she hated more than anything, it was hair tickling her nose. That was something that pissed her off about Amanda. Stupid girl always had her hair flying all over the place. Perhaps that was part of the reason that she wanted to shave it all off, but rather than carry out that idea, she simply turned on her heel and walked away, her heels clicking against the tile floor.

She turned the corner and practically ran into Eleanor, knocking the assortment of items that the girl was carrying out of her hands and leaving both of them sprawled on the floor. She cursed, brushing herself off, and inwardly thanking herself for wearing the pants suit, rather than a skirt today. She looked around. Scattered across the floor were a variety of things that normally would not be seen, such as an empty birdcage, a padlock, three bottles of shoe polish -one black, one brown, and one white-, a small ball of blue yarn, an almost empty container of safety pins, and a half-eaten rice-cake in a plastic bag. Diana almost began to pick up the items when Meg appeared out of nowhere, reaching to help Diana up. "Don't worry about this, Diana.. Eleanor will get it.." Meg said as she shifted the side-bag that carried her notebook in it to her shoulder. She glanced down at the countess, smirking lightly, then looked back at her Duchess, an affectionate smile on her face, still holding out her hand to help her up. Diana glared and stood by herself, smoothing out her hair, and turned to walk away, ignoring both the Baroness and the Countess.

Eymber
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HareFire on Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:19 pm

At best, Countess Eleanor was unreadable. The blow she had received from the Duchess, served as little more than an annoyance. Eleanor made no sound, barely reacting when all her belongings came crashing to the ground. As long as her precious birdcage was not damaged, she she felt no need to show emotion, especially in the presence of her Red Crayon sisters.

It was the response from Duchess Diana's brown-nosing pet, that had caused a change in her steel blue eyes. Something like hatred (but much more sinister) flashed behind her look. As the Baroness always took extra care to remind everyone of her lower rank, Countess Eleanor took pleasure in silently challenging her authority. Well aware of the power Meg possessed, she left no evidence of insubordination. The furious glances were all the rebellion she needed, for now.

Just to confuse Meg, she let a soft smile creep across her pale lips and spoke apologetically. "Than you, Baroness Meg, the fault was mine." Eleanor's voice was barely audible and completely emotionless.

She gathered her scattered items slowly, this time taking care to better organize the bundle.

HareFire
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.