Saethos' Attempts at Horror

a topic in Writing, a part of the RPG forum.

A place for original short stories, fanfiction, essays, and the like. Keep it PG-13.

Saethos' Attempts at Horror

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:12 pm

Hey all, Saethos has popped in once again. Will get back to my other writings in time, but thought I'd try my hand at some horror writing as well. PLEASE let me know what you think if you read it. Critiques are welcome! I can take criticism if it will help me get better. Without further ado though, let's start with my first complete work, a very short one.

Music in case you want something in the background.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K1CXVCQ4e4

The Emperor in Black

I saw it out there. Through my window. I can see it still now, staring back at me, a hulking, black shadow. Why can’t anyone else see it? Why are there no screams of torment? Of fear? Of panic?

It’s 8:30 at night, April 18th. I can see the light fading, a dim, golden hue that barely stains that darkening blue sky. It is fading, both from the sun, and from the obscuration from the clouds. The clouds are seeping across the sky, infecting my gaze. They have a slight gold and blue hue to my left, where the sky is making its final stand. But to my right, the clouds show nothing but darkness.

But in and amongst this dance of light and darkness, he stands. Tall, hundreds, maybe thousands of feet, towering over the trees, only shorter than the distant mountains which surround the lake upon which this peninsula city sits.

He’s not moving, he’s just standing there, watching. He may have eyes, but I can’t see them. He may have a face, but I can’t see it. He may have nose, mouth, ears, and all other features, but I cannot see them. But I can see his shadow. I can see it growing. And I can see the thick, void-like blackness he wears.

I can hear it. The waves lapping at his feet, the sound of water crashing, drowning out all other noise. Why is he so quiet! How can he be so bloody silent! Hell and death take him! And if they won’t take him, then take me! I can’t stand to see him anymore! HE WON’T LEAVE!

Elenu eberu. Warki sihritu. Ditallu kasadu. Ma ina su sadu, su anzillu abatu kalu.

The sky has gone dark. The golden stain has left the blue sky. And that blue sky has faded to grey, clinging to the last strips of light. The clouds have consumed nearly the whole sky. And still he stands there, staring. I can see him. The sky is dark. The clouds are dark. Everything is dark.

But he is darker.
Ma Su Asbu.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saethos
Member for 2 years
Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Group Theory Tipworthy Conversationalist Author Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!