Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Sangriesta Nuova

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:58 pm

She laughs out loud, and then turns to look out the back window. She frowns slightly and then turns back to Seraphina with a smile.

Perhaps it is a good thing we aren't near the Vatican then. I would die of starvation waiting for God to get me a cheeseburger.

The taxi pulls up to a McDonalds, and Svetlana gets out of the car. She looks up at the star studded sky and frowns slightly, she shuts the door to the Taxi as Seraphina gets out on the other side and pays the driver. Seraphna gets done and walks over towards Svetlana, and Svet asks.

So do french fries really taste like the french?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:00 pm

Seraphina's cheeks coloured at Svetlana's question. Certainly there was nothing to the question but she had been thinking of her days in Venice with Gabriel most of the day, and she was happy despite it all. She laughed and smiled at Svetlana.

"Very likely not, I would imagine they would taste more like the Irish."

She stepped passed Svetlana and opened the door for her. Standing in the, cool night air she breathed deeply, quite content.

She followed Svetlana into the lobby, and stood beside her

"Well, anything besides the cheeseburger?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:04 pm

She stands there and stares at the menu in a semi awe struck manner. She then steps up to the counter and looks at the poor little 16yr old girl standing there. The girls eyes go wide as she looks at Svetlana and refuses to look her in the eyes..

Gradirei un cheeseburger, le vostre patate fritte, un coke senza ghiaccio. Inoltre gradirei che la cosa voi denomina una torta di mela e un certo pollo McNuggets con la salsa del barbecue. L'OH e se il dio sta lavorando qui, prego gli dice che lo abbia gradito prima che starve alla morte.

The girl looks at Svetlana with narrowed eyes, crosses herself and then proceeds to finish taking the order. Svetlana motions to Seraphina to place her order.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:23 am

Smirking she walks up to the counter trying desperately to suppress a laugh.

"Buono sera, Gradirei un'insalata di pollo, con la preparazione di formaggio blu e un coke."

The girl sill glaring at Svetlana rang up their order. Seraphina paid for it and walked back to Svetlana.

"So, Signorina Popova, how about a seat by the window?"

She pointed to the back wall where an empty small booth was. Before Svetlana could answer Seraphina's cell phone went off. Her throat grew tight as she pulled it from her pocket fearing the worst.

"Scuza, Signorina"

She turned from Svetlana and took a couple of steps towards and empty corner.SHe flippedher phone open.

A mans voice greeted her.

"Maestra Aligheiri di buona sera."

"Buono Sera"

"Sono Lorenzo Tucci, io sono incaricato di installazione dello scaffoldin per il ripristino delle tombe di medici"

"Si, Si,"

She motioned to Svetlana to go and find a seat.

"Quando il youn arriverà?"

"Domani mattina a 8."

"Molto buoni, grazie molto muc che li vedrò là."

She smiled broadly happy in the knowledge that all was well.

"Meraviglioso vedali domani, arrivederci."

"Arrivederci."

She ended the call and flipped shut her phone, before glancing around to find Svetlana.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:47 pm

While laughing Svetlana goes and sits down in the corner by the window. She watches Seraphina talk on the phone briefly and then looks out the window. She watches the cars drive pass, reveling in the fact that things here are so much more different then Moscow. She marvels at her good fortune for getting picked for this assignment. She is so lost in thought that she didn't hear Seraphina walk up to the table.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:31 am

Seraphina sat the tray down on the table and looked at Svetlana, she was intent on something and she thought it best not to disturb her, so she walked back to the front of the lobby to grab the usual straws etc.

She hadn't thought of Gabriel all day while she was working on the Tomb, but now that she had stopped and there was nothing to distract herself from the reality of the situation she found her thoughts with him again. The sense of dread she had felt since he left her at the airport returned. She patted the pocket with his lighter in it. Mio amore, she thought to herself. I will pray for your safe return everyday. Would that I could deliver us both from this hell. I will light a candle for you.

She reached up to where the cross had lain the she had given him so many years before, and uttered a quick and silent prayer, as she struggled again with the idea of losing him. At least this time I will know.

Shw walked back to the table and sat down teying to force any look of sadness from her eyes. She might like the young Russian in front of her but that didn't mean she still wasn't a bit leery pf her.

She began to eat hr food not wanting to dosturb her. She had stared like this out of may a window on many a night, herself, and did not want to intrude on her thoughts

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:55 pm

Still lost in thought, Svetlana begins to eat the food set in front of her. She then realizes she is eating McDonalds and breaks out into a grin and says with ketchup dripping down her chin.

"This is da best cheeseburger ever!"

She laughs, wipes off her face, and then continues to eat.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:19 pm

Seraphina couldn't help but smile at Svetlana's childlike exuberance over a cheeseburger, but Gabriel's voice haunted her, or should she say Maxwell's. The sound of his voice went through her mind like a song that had gotten stuck on repeat. One cycle through she would smile the next she felt as though she could cry until judgment day. He still loves me despite it all, and at least I will know this time, was all the comfort she could give to herself.

Her eyes shone with tears that she would not shed here, as she turned to Svetlana

"Wherein Florence are you staying."

Her voice was flat and empty, again she reached for the place where the cross used to sit, maybe I should take up smoking?

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:24 pm

She watches emotion overwhelm Seraphina, and she nods to herself.

I haven't found a hotel as of yet.

She frowns slightly, and then devoid of emotion she says,

He is fine

She gets up from the table and heads over to the front counter.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:57 pm

Seraphina stopped mid-bite into a french fry. Her brown eyes narrowed in on Svetlana as she stood up. All thought had stopped. She put down the fry as her eyes followed the Russian woman to the front counter. A cold chill worked its way up and down her spine. Could she? How Could She know? I didn't tell Lucia, or the Maestro...Madre de Dio, could she know Gabriel? How? Is that even the 'He' she is talking about?

She stood up quickly and charged towards Svetlana at the counter. She came up behind her and leaned over to her ear. She was almost seething, the shock and fear had enraged her. How could anyone know? and if she did was he in danger
?

"Signorina Popova, I believe it is time for a cigarette."

She came up beside and met her gaze. Her emotion a fire in her eyes the spelled it all out. You will come with me.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:25 pm

Svetlana looks at Seraphina with a steady gaze, nods, turns and places her order for a Flurry, takes the flurry and goes outside. She sits down at a table outside, and lights up. She looks across the table at Seraphina, who is radiating anger and fear. Svetlana smiles slightly and then begins to talk.

"Ever since I was a little girl growing up in the slums of Moscow, I knew things. My father, thought it was curse, and my mother...well, she really didn't care as she was more concerned about how empty her bottle of Vodka was, if you get my meaning. I learned at an early age to keep my mouth shut, and only reveal things when it was time too. I could always read emotions, and if those emotions were strong enough, I could read thoughts. Therefore I know about Gabriel as you fear strongly for him. All I can tell you about him, is that he is fine. Or so I think anyway."

She pauses to watch Seraphina's reaction. She smiles reassuringly, pats Seraphina on the hand, takes a huge drag of her smoke and continues on with the story.

"My "feelings" aren't always correct, and I don't know why that happens, but it just does. I've always figured the demons of misinformation have something to do with it, but I do know, that my gift does come from God, and that isn't a curse. Or so I keep telling myself.

She eats some of her flurry, and puts out her cigarette.

"I imagine you have some questions for me."

She looks Seraphina in the eye and eats more of her Flurry.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:46 pm

While Svetlana was talking Seraphina slid her hand in her pocket and gripped Gabriel's lighter tightly. Her thumb nervously ran across the clover on the front.

She listened intently to her. There were many Tuscan saints that were reported as to having the same ability, but this Russian! Her words brought her some comfort but she knew that it was dangerous that she about Gabriel.

Her voice was very soft and very controlled when she spoke

His name is Maxwell.

She was very uncertain of the young woman in front of her. There could be other means. They never would have known if they were spied on in Venice they were so enraptured with each other. Keep your friends close keep your enemies closer and keep your potential enemies even closer. She thought to herself.

Despite her fear there was a minute level of comfort i the back of her mind, the part of herself that wanted to believe that he was alright, the needed to believe.

As she sat their watching her eat she realized that she still needed her help in the tomb. No better way to keep an eye on her, I guess. After this a trip to the Fencing salon is a must.

Again her voice was even and controlled as she spoke forcing everything she felt down into the dark place where she hid the horrors she had seen

"I will rent you a hotel room and inform in the Institute that you are helping me and see if they can arrange better lodgings for you

She took a deep breath, inhaling the cool air.

If what you speak is true, then I must tell you that you know nothing. Are you ready to go?

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:55 pm

She nods slightly, her vivid blue eyes dark with worry about the possible failure of her mission.

"I am ready if you are."

She shivers slightly and pulls her coat around her, and wonders why she can't shake the feeling that something is going to happen. Good or bad it could potentially ruin her mission.

She frowns slightly, and waves down a taxi.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:48 pm

A taxi pulled up in front of the two. Seraphina opened the door for Svetlana still in shock and more than slightly irritated. Climbing in behind Svetlana she leaned forward to the driver.

"The Hilton, favore signor."

He nodded in response.

Her fingers fumbled opening her briefcase, she shuffled through some papers and handed Svetlana a card, with her name and the number of the Dutch Institute of Fine Art

"Signorina Popova, here is my card if you need anything please call me. I will contact the Maestro tomorrow about better lodgings."

The statement was terrible Ironic the Hilton being a four star hotel.

The cab stopped in front of the Renaissance recreation building. Seraphina leaned forward and spoke to the driver again

"Un moment, por favore."

He smiled and nodded again.

she climbed out and extended a hand towards Svetlana to help her out of the cab. As they walked towards the doors she whispered to Svetlana

"I cannot stress enough that you know nothing that the name Gabriel does not exist."

Not waiting for a reply she puled the doors open and strode up to the concierge's desk. every movement she made was confident and they had all been acquired during her service as a Preventer.

The neo classic lobby was relatively empty and there was no line at the concierge's desk, she walked right up tot he young man behind the desk

"I am Seraphina Alighieri of the Dutch Institute for fine art, this is my associate Settling Pop ova, I need to check her into the hotel for an indeterminate period of time, until other arrangements can be made.

the young man stammered and fumbled with computer keyboard.

"I Have a suite available is that alright?

Si, grazie

Siete Venuti.

She slid her credit card towards him. He scooped it up and ran it. Quickly he spun around and pulled a set of keys from the wall.

Here you go , signorina Alighieri.

Graze Molto

she handed the keys off to Svetlana.

Like I said If you need anything call.

Abruptly she left not wanting to deal with the Strange Russian after her revelation. I should be more sympathetic, to her really, but not if she can do what she says she can. That will endanger Him.

She hopped back into the cab

9 San Guelf, por favore'

the cabbie sped off from the hotel.

She watched out the window as the lights of La Firenza flew by. The days events tripped over one another as her tired mind tried to digest everything that had occurred over the last couple of days

"Signorina,"

The cab drivers voice jolted her back to the present. She handed him fare and a very generous tip before exiting the cab.

She entered the old brick building and waled up to the second floor. There were only two apartments per floor and they were very large two bedrooms. She walked by her mailbox and stared at it. It is too soon to know anything she reminded herself.

She opened the door and dropped her briefcase right by it on the small table she had there. She flipped on a light and wandered into the smaller of the two bedrooms. Opening the large walking closet she pulled out her Fencing mask and epee'. Looking down at the mask she thought back to Venice and Gabriel remembering the conversation they had had about fencing. The epee' clattered the floor. She clutched her mask to her chest and sobbed. She curled up n the futon day bed and cried herself exhausted. When sleep came she saw only Gabriel in her plagued dreams.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:22 pm

As the dawn arose the train pulled into the station outside of Florence Italy. It had been a long ride. As he steps off the step of the train Gabriel looks around and sticks a cigarette between his lips. He fumbles around in his pockets looking for a lighter. He sighed as wandered up to an unfamiliar little man with a brown fedora and a matching coat. He leans over the tiny man with the cigarette in his mouth and spreads out his arms as politely as he can.
"Me scusa, lei ha una luce?"
The elderly man smiled and looked up at him as he pulled out a lighter and lit the cigarette for him. Gabriel smiled and thanked him. He gave him a wave and waddled slowly off without a word. He began to walk toward the edge of the platform smoking and stepped off. He shoved the hands into his pocket and walked toward the city as the golden sun continued to rise towards the rooftops of the city.

Gabriel had bought himself a lighter before he reached Seraphina's friend Lorenzo worked. He decided it was better not to go inside with a lit cigarette as he sat down on the front steps and looked at Destruction. His burn was still there. He blushed catching a glimpse of it before he turned away.

As he exhaled he turned his head towards the sky and he looked at the perfectly blue sky.

"Ah, l'Italie. Les gens sont si merveilleux et amicaux. Ils semblent être même dans aucune hâte en particulier. Donc relâcher."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:39 pm

Seraphina awoke as the Tuscan sun came through the window golden and bright. Images of her nightmares she had suffered through the night slowly faded ans she rubber her eyes. She looked at the clock on the wall it was 7:30 am

Damn

she muttered as she scrambled out of bed and washed her face. and pulled her long hair back into a braid. She quickly changed into a simple black t-shirt and grabbed her briefcase n the way out of the door. she stopped a the curb and hailed a cab.

Hopping in she skipped any level of small talk running as late as she was

"Sangriesta Nuova, por favore'

"Si, Signorina
,"

She watched Florence fly by her window, piazza and piazza, and the cobblestone streets. She barely noticed centuries of history fly by her she was so absorbed in what she had to do today.

The cab stopped at the frint of the cathedral, she stepped out and handed him 20 florins more than enough. She turned around quickly, she noticed a man at the top of the stairs, amoking. Initially she thought that it was someone associated with the scaffolding but once he stood up she knew who it was. His posture gave it away it was Maxwell.

She dropped the briefcase and stared at him in disbelief. Slowly she walked up the stairs half expecting him to fade away like a shade. She stopped in front of him, her eyes locked on his. They were green.

Gabriel. mio angelo?

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:45 pm

He looked her over as he took another massive drag of the cigarette and looked at it as it smoldered slowly. He looked back into her eyes as he exhaled. This hurt her. He knew it. It was a bad idea to come here.

He decided to make the best of it, or the best of what he could. He pointed over to the Horsement atop his platform in all his glory. With a playful grin and a warn, tired look hidden behind his deep green eyes. He stood and walked over to it taking another drag.

"I 'aven't fixed you're 'Orseman yet mon Cheré."
And with tears in his eyes she fell into his arms. It made him want to stop fighting all together. That simple, wonderful hug. He smiled as he flicked away the half smoked cigarette.
"I decided to take some time off...see de sights. Travel a familiar city. See de woman I love."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:42 am

She gave herself over entirely to the embrace. It must all be over she thought. Being in his arms filled her with with comfort, despite her aching heart. Her hands clutched his back like claws, forcing herself to accept the Reality of Him. Her face buried in his chest she began to weep. The entirety of the world stopped for her at that moment.

Finally she lifted her face from his chest and leaned back not letting go of him, still having difficulty in seeing him there in front of her

"My dearest love,"

She whispered in complete disbelief. Her voice cracked under the weight of her own emotions. Her whole body began to tremble in his arms. She looked into his eyes seemingly searching for him, even though he was right there. The tears that clung to his eyes said it all, he was back, he did love her and he was sorry. He had aged in a way, much like her, he too had seen too much, though of what she didn't want to know. We have been to hell and back, in three years.

"My love....I...."

She was so overwhelmed her English failed.

"Il mio amore più caro, ho pensato altro insignificante ma voi dall'aeroporto. Li ho mancati di più di posso dire, il mio angelo. Dovete essere un angelo che ritorna come questo. Non lasci per andare di me".

She kissed the cross that hung at his neck before resting her head against his chest and releasing all control over her feelings letting them come in waves a victim of her own past, and her fears, and her relief. Her knees felt as though they would buckle and potentially sending them both to ground. He must have felt her begin to weaken and pulled her closer, holding her even tighter.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:48 am

Meanwhile....back at the Hilton

Ring Ring....

"Да? Significo sì?"

"Ciò è vostra sveglia la signora di chiamata."

"Si, si. Grazie."

She sits up wondering why she was getting a wake up call at 7am, when she didn't ask for it. Then it dawned on her that Seraphina had probably resquested it.

"Ухищренная девушка."

With a chuckle she gets out of bed, and jumps in the shower, humming a russian folk song. Just as she gets out of the shower, her cell phone begins to ring.

"Popova."

"Svetlana, было длинним временем."

Her heart jumps when she hears the smooth male voice.

"Sasha, как вы?"

"Хорошее хорошее. Почему вы вызывали меня?"

She hesitates briefly.

"Я планировал на вызывать вас этот вечер."

"Я получаю нетерпеливое маленькое одно."

She frowns slightly, runs her hand through her hair, and then narrow her eyes and speaks coldly into the phone.

"Я сказал вам это перед Sasha. Она будет франтовской девушкой, и это идет принять некоторое время."

"Как I сказанное маленькое одно, я бегу из терпения. Я уверен вы осведомленны случится если вы терпите неудачу?"

"Этот полет потерпит неудачу если вы продолжаетесь поспешить меня Sasha. Я вызову вас более последним эта неделя с уточнением. Хороший день."

She violently punches the end button and throws the phone onto her bed, and swears violently in russian. With a sigh, she quickly gets dressed, and wanders downstairs. She grabs a bagel from the hotel's little cafe, and then hails down a cab.

OOC: translation of the phone conversation

Svetlana, it has been a long time.
Sasha, how have you been?
Good good. Why haven't you called me?
I was going to call you this evening.
I am getting impatient little one.
I told you this before Sasha. She is a smart girl, and this is going to take some time.
As I said little one, I am running out of patience. I am sure you are aware of what will happen if you fail?
This mission will fail if you continue to rush me Sasha. I will call you later this week with an update. Good day.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:30 am

He smiles as she weeps into him. He feels warm inside for the first time since Venice. His memories of the city began to flood back to him as the memories of old battles left. Memories of Xavier left him, that hug made everything bad in the world right.
Gabriel smiled and tried to mouth words but he couldn't muster anything. He stepped back after the embrace and looked her over.

"Mon Cher..."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.