Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

Scarkim

Scarkim

a part of “Scarkim”, a fictional universe by Red Guardian.

The nations of Scarkim are on the brink of war, with this fact staring them in the face, they turn to their most abundant resource Mediere; a synthetic object holding endless possibilities for the wielder.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Scarkim”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Scarkim

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Guardian on Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:21 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Scarkim"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Red Guardian
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Scarkim

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jericho193 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:34 am

I seem to be interested in this. I just would like to know more about the MP. You mentioned you can only use 5 different attacks at a time, what if say you wanted to use the same attack and just not use a different one?
"I don't have time to bleed."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

jericho193
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Guardian on Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:50 am

Mediere is a substance that your body stores and you can access to use different attacks. Because of the freedom and potential of the Mediere it was hard to put an MP value on each attack to be thought of lol. I decided that 5 attacks,(same one used again would count again. but a sword made from ice could be used and stay til no longer needed or viable and would not waste another Mediere special attack.) As more people begin to RP and battle I had every intention of adding a leveling system that aloud people to expand their Mediere base thus in turn letting them use more Mediere based attacks when in combat.

Red Guardian
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circa on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:38 am

Greetings!
I wanted to express interest in this setting, I see a lot of potential here so will submit a OC today!

I won't drag down this thread with details but curious if characters who know little about mediere or utilize it less than others will bring down the story any?
I am new here at RPG so please work with me and you can expect me to be checking every day.
Sweating doesn't do justice and little drops of salty water.
So tearing off my skin I feel my body burning up again.
Thought this coverless existence would leave me breathing or exposed
with no face to face with outside pain and burning are new skins
Searching for your friends! RIP OFF MY SKIN! TEAR OFF MY SKIN!
I feel me burning up again! -Moi

Circa
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Guardian on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:52 am

Having characters that do not utilize Mediere or know little about it will not drag down the story at all! This RP is open to all levels of Role players new and seasoned =)

Red Guardian
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ASK JN 16 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:01 am

Konichiwa! I've just submitted a character, and I hope you enjoy her! Please PM me if there are any problems with the profile and I'll fix it immediately! Well, if I'm still on of course.....
The Way of the Warrior:

It's you or them.
It's life or death.
It's kill or be killed.

Take your pick people. That's all you get.

ASK JN 16
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circa on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:18 am

Dittos above!
What I mean is... submitted, and need to be notified if any issues arise, otherwise excited to jump in and will try to be around today.

Circa
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Guardian on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:38 am

Thank you guys for the character submissions, I have sent pm's out with any information that needed changing and other than that I hope to approve more characters tonight and maybe start role playing this weekend sometime! =)

*side note for anyone reading this that has not yet submitted a character. Even if posting has started you can always get caught up! feel free to submit a character reguardless of how many posts there are this story always has room for expansion!!!! =)

Red Guardian
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jericho193 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:27 pm

I'm going to try and submit a character for the desert one

jericho193
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Guardian on Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:15 pm

That's excellent. And just to clarify for all you only have 5 special Mediere attacks per combat instance but you still have your weapons equipment etc... And Jericho i have decided to allow you to pretty must carry 15 attacks worth of Mediere but still only be aloud to use 5 per battle. That is because all of our characters can not handle using more Mediere in a given situation. This also allows the user not to desperately try to find more of their type of Mediere so they can fight again.

Hope this helped clear things up if not PM me or post and ill get back to you soon!

Red Guardian
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cazuki on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:50 am

My char's up, hope he's ok...
For the ones lost in the great war of RP's!
Reality is what you make it... but reality can still be a pain in the ass!

Cazuki
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lukipyon on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:22 am

Wooaah, I love the whole concept of this roleplay! Haha, can't wait to join. XD I'll try doing my character now but I might not be able to send it until tommorow. :>
Can I just ask what time of the year it will start? It's just that I would really like to do Shivik but then you mentioned about the problems during summer. :I

Lukipyon
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Guardian on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:14 pm

It will start in fall so travel will be manageable wherever you want to go.

^Cazuki, like your character accepted it!

Red Guardian
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:23 am

Oh, god, a map. I love you.....lol I needed that....

Workin' on a char btw. Be finished soon. If thar is any problems I'll be happy to change, just shoot me a PM.

MaxStokes
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:03 am

F_!!!!!!! I always forget post location! Even when I write myself a note in my word doc! Even when I write myself a note with many curse words in my word doc in all caps! RAGE!!!! FUUU!!!! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

T_T ......I wish you could edit post location......so much......

MaxStokes
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Guardian on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:27 am

Max it's alright I am going to Add a new location where everyone can start fresh because you aren't the first person to do that!! =)

We will all start fresh in a new Place I will name Scarkim, I think a general world instead of continents will be easier and better. So feel free to copy and paste your post to Scarkim when You see it up!

Red Guardian
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cazuki on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:44 am

Just a short idea, since we have quite alot of things that can effect people on a random basis.
E.G:
Money changes due to looting, buying etc.
Effects caused from Medic when people use it eventually.
I say we add a topic that has a post on each character which is goverened by the GM, who writes it to say how much gold they have at the start effects Medic has on them if any and other things, just so it isn't as much of a headache.

So mine would look like this:

Username: Cazuki
Character Name: Antoni Grazif
Gold Amount: 100
No. of times using Medic: 0
Effects of Medic (if used): None (if they have a n effect there could be a post amount until the effect fades if it is temporary)

I was thinking of calling the thread 'The Register'.

Cazuki
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Guardian on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:05 pm

I like your Idea Cazuki, where do you think something like that should be located. A whole different forum, or an OOC thread where I just post on character after another and keep editing people's post etc...?

Red Guardian
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cazuki on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Just add another OOC thread, makes it less complicated to find. Also, forgot to add this to original idea, you can put up how much mediere they have left.

Cazuki
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jericho193 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Guys, I ain't gonna lie.

I am really intimidated by this RP and this might possibly be the most advanced RP I have ever been involved in.

I will post eventually but I just want to make sure I'm not gonna shoot myself in the foot first haha

jericho193
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!