Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Scouting here and back!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Scouting here and back!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:27 pm

Howdy folks! I'm an oldie but a goodie. I think.

This isn't my first time here, but my last post was easily 5+ years ago so it might as well be. I'm kind of... scouting out some roleplaying back in the business, trying to make write things up with people again. I'm somewhat hoping this post perhaps is a beacon for all the people I used to know.

Let's go through the stumped section once more. Furthermore, I'll also be adding my old answers as quotations, as some kinda cringe tribute. Enjoy.

1) What's your username? Why'd you pick that username?
> Honestly I don't remember and it's entirely possible I'm going to change it soon anyways.

Its RedRaine. I dunno. I like colors and I like rain. Smack em together and you have a really lazy excuse for a username.
- Me, 2010

2) How'd you find this place? Google? Why'd you look it up on Google or whatever?
> I was an oldie back in 2010-2014 (I was even a Global Mod Lead but we don't need to talk about it).

I googled. Um. Well. I used to roleplay in this one site for a long time but fell out of love with it once they complicated the design.
- Me, 2010

3) How long have you roleplayed on forums or chat? On what sites? Did you start with tabletop games or such?
> I want to say 2007? It's been way too long. Easily I got into it within 1-2 years of getting a computer. Maybe earlier honestly. I started with roleplaying sites, and since then I've become massively into tabletops!

I've been roleplaying on forums as well as participated in chat roleplays once I've made a friend. I roleplayed at various small boards for a few years that I can't remember the name of. I started on the net and haven't touched a tabletop for RPing purposes.
- Me, 2010

4) In coming to RPG, what've you been looking for specifically? A new home for roleplay? Better roleplay?
> Bit of both. It's been a while and as nice rp'ing tabletop wise has been, I've been wanting more intimate rp in interesting situations.

Both. New home, better home. I browsed through and found this site to be incredibly active. I just hope I can keep up. xD
- Me, 2010

5) What kinds of roleplay are you interested in? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Go in-depth about it if you want.
> Fantasy most easily, but I'll enjoy a modern romance. I used to enjoy high fantasy battle, but things have changed and I've become way lazier and way way more succinct and to the point with my writing. So maybe going in-depth just isn't for me anymore. I tend to reaaaaaally like modern romances especially if they're gaaaaaaaaaaay.

Well my big three are essentially: Romance, Battle, Fantasy-Adventure. I love dramatic romances to the death. Some buddies have made fun of me for trying to start up a relationship in any rp I've been in. I can play in many genre's comfortably but I'm very adverse to Sci-Fi. Too much technobabble makes my brain burst.
- Me, 2010

6) What're your hobbies? Do you collect rocks or mount insects?
> Currently, my hobbies are tabletops in general. I kinda took on a super academic twist on it and so I do research on tabletop mechanic and what are the best ways to implement them. I spend too much time on twitter and not enough time playing video games. I also collect too many books. Librarian life.

I listen to music and read mostly. Once I run out I typically run to a fun MMORPG til I can get more books.
- Me, 2010

7) What's something you're good at besides writing? Maybe you're on the volleyball team or you're a quick learner? Maybe you play the flute or can fold up chairs amazingly fast? xD
> YOU ASSUME I'M GOOD AT THE WRITING YOU FOOL. THAT WAS YOUR FIRST MISTAKE. Honestly I like to imagine I'm a quick learner but I'm probably not. I'm honestly really good at going in depth about my various hot topics. Seriously. Talk to me about GMing and I'll lecture you even if you never asked for it. I'm sorry but you have now been warned.

I bloody wish. I don't even consider myself great at writing. The only talent I have to being able to generate ideas for stories like a factory. Give me 1 minute or 2 of staring off into space and I would have created a character, setting, and basic plot. But in this kinda place it's not as if that's anything rare.
- Me, 2010

8) Do you have any friends here at RPG that invited you here? Would you want to make more friends while you're here?
> I did but now none of them have avatars. So I'm thinking they don't exist here anymore. I miss them. I think QB is still around HI FRIEND.

No not really. I came here on my own. I would love to make a bunch of friends here however.
- Me, 2010

And lastly...

9) Do we get cookies for looking through your thread and saying hello?
> Please, oh god take them from me. I have problems.

Maybe once I get some cookie money.
- Me, 2010
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Re: Scouting here and back!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm

I am indeed still lurking about. Hi again, old friend.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!