Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Searching for a Partner

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Searching for a Partner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:43 am

Hello all! I am Magus1108, and I am searching high and low for an RP parter! Thought I might make one of my own partner threads, and see who popped up. While I like general Roleplaying, having a simple 1x1 game removes a lot of the hassle that exists in most of the other, regular RPs.

So, with that out of the way, onto my lists! First, the criteria.

My Criteria

Details: Quite self-explanatory. I'd like some amount of details put into each and every post in my RPs. It doesn't have to be too much, I just want some stuff to work off of. I'd also like a good few paragraphs in each individual post; say, three to four minimum. That isn't too hard to manage, and it's just enough to work off of, I'd say.

Literacy: I fully and completely understand that everyone makes mistakes and typos. After all, we are just humans. But I beg of you, please try your best to spellcheck and correct any words that have a little red squiggle under them, and please read over your post to check for grammar mistakes! The only exceptions I make to the grammar rule is if your character is meant to have horrible spelling and/or grammar. After all, staying in character is key.

Romance: I'm fine with romance in any RP as much as any other gent or lady; but I don't like romance being the entire center of an RP. Romance can be a key element, but their has to be other stuff! After all, having just one single element being the entire center of an RP would get boring after awhile, no?

RP Ideas

And here's the real meat and bones of my partner thread, the stuff I want to RP. There are two main categories to this: fandom based roleplays, stuff based on established works in various different mediums, and original based RPs, which is pretty self-evident as to what it is.

Fandoms:

Here is a small list of some fandoms I'd love to RP in. Anything bolded and underlined is something I especially want to RP.

Star Wars
Harry Potter
Star Trek
Code Lyoko
Dragon Age: Origins
Teen Titans
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra
Death Note
Naoki Urasawa's Monster
Gundam Seed
Warehouse 13
Burn Notice
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Wicked (The Musical, not the books)
K-ON
Justice League Unlimited
Code Geass
Mass Effect
Jade Empire
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Please Twins
Pirates of the Carribean
Gatekeepers
Best Student Council
Sliders
Red vs Blue
Naruto
Alphas
Eureka
Alpha Protocol
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Baccano!
Gosick
Ben 10
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Disney's Mulan
Digimon

Original:

I actually don't have a lot of 1x1 original RP ideas. I'd prefer to do somethin fandom-based. But if you want to do something original, I'm all ears. My biggest interests would be in political intrigue, fantasy, sci-fi, slice of life, supernatural/paranormal, and historical drama.

So that's it! If you're interested, please PM me or post in this thread; whichever you like! :)

There is no War in Ba Sing Se

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Re: Searching for a Partner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:24 am

I am interested in doing a 1x1 with you but I regret to inform you I do not feel comfortable with any of the bolded choices. I do apologize. I normally try to pick one of those, but I honestly only know of two of them, and I do not fully know them as I have never watched/played those two.
I am interested in a Digimon rp though. I am not sure which season you were interested in but I would like one that corresponded to any from 1-3.
I do have a question though. Gender- What gender do you normally play and if it is female, do you mind doubling?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:03 am

That's fine, I understand.

As for Digimon, I actually wouldn't mind doing something with original characters for that. Otherwise, I'm good with anything from Season 1 and Season 3. Season 2 was...okay, I suppose, but it wasn't as good as its predecessor, and I absolutely DESPISE the epilogue of Adventure 02.

As for gender, I can play both male and female comfortably. If my partner has a preference for playing one gender, I'll gladly play the other if they want me to. And I wouldn't mind doubling in general.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:24 pm

That works wonderfully for me. I actually meant to put on there I prefer OCs. Well we could go with the plot from season 1 if you like. I think that would be cool. So if we did that, we would start where the kids are waking up in the digital world right?
Alright, I think since originally it was a group we could double.
As for the age, what range were you thinking? The kids were anywhere from 8-12(T.K being the youngest and Joe being the oldest). I generally don't rp with characters so young, so I was wondering if we could bump the age to at least 15? If not, its cool, just thought I would ask.
Lastly, the digital partners. Are you wanting to start with the originals they had or new partners? I personally would like for one of my characters to be able to befriend Gatomon (as Kari did), because she was always my favorite.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Sure, that sounds all good. Works for me.

As for Digital partners, they can have original or digimons from elsewhere in the series. Doesn't really matter to me.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Alright sounds good to me. Do you want to make the thread? Also, what about character profiles? Do you have a specific sheet you want to use?

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:04 pm

Sure, I can make the thread. Unless you want to? As for character profiles, I don't have a specific sheet in mind. I can probably modify my standard CS for this Rp, though.

By the way, shall we discuss character concepts now? Who we'll play and such?

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Ok, that works. I would like if you made the thread. Alright, just post the profile sheet and I'll fill it in for my characters.
As for the character concepts sure. I was going to play 1 male and 1 female. What did you have in mind for your characters? That way I know what you are wanting and I can go from there with mine.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Okay. I'll try to get the RP up later tonight, if at all possible. Also, fair warning: it's been awhile since I watched the original Digimon. I've been meaning to rewatch it though, since it came ionto Netflix.

I was thinking of 1 male, 1 female myself. I was musing with the idea of a pair of our characters being siblings...perhaps the 2 girls? Anyway, I don't have any concrete characters ideas, beyond that.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Alright that works. Its been a little bit since I watched it as well but I was thinking along the lines of the crests for the characters. Here is a link to the different ones incase you don't remember: http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Crests

The two girls being sisters would work for me.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:53 am

Somebody who likes Avatar/Legends of Korra?

-Head spontaneously combusts-

Anyways, I've been looking for awhile now, and I see you have an RP with another person going on right now, but are you still open to another?
"The Redeemer has risen!"
Image"It is not living that matters, but Living rightly."

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:43 pm

~Living-Dead Doll~ wrote:Alright that works. Its been a little bit since I watched it as well but I was thinking along the lines of the crests for the characters. Here is a link to the different ones incase you don't remember: http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Crests

The two girls being sisters would work for me.

Alright. What do you want to do with the crests?

And sorry I didn't get the RP up last night, I ran out of time. I'll try to get it up later this afternoon.

Oh, by the way, are we going to use the same basic scenario for how our characters get transported to the Digi World? They're at some kind of camp, weird sh!t starts to happen, and then suddenly, boom! They're in the Digital World. Is that what we're gonna do?

Redred33mer wrote:Somebody who likes Avatar/Legends of Korra?

-Head spontaneously combusts-

Anyways, I've been looking for awhile now, and I see you have an RP with another person going on right now, but are you still open to another?

Of course! I'm always open to taking on new RP partners. Do you want to do a Avatar RP, then? :)

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:38 am

Indeed I would. We can continue this conversation over PM, I'd rather not spam this thread.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:23 am

The crests are similar to the digivices in that they give the digimon power when they need it the most. It also allows them to digivolve from Champion to Ultimate, or in specific cases Rookie to Mega. The crest also provide protection to the digidestined in special cases or helps them and their digimon with special tasks (fighting the dark lords).
Yes I think it would be a good idea for them to be in a camp of some sort before appearing in the digital world.
Its ok about the thread. Hopefully you will have time today but I will not be on till later today. My 10 month old daughter is sick and we are taking her to the doctor.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:05 pm

~Living-Dead Doll~ wrote:The crests are similar to the digivices in that they give the digimon power when they need it the most. It also allows them to digivolve from Champion to Ultimate, or in specific cases Rookie to Mega. The crest also provide protection to the digidestined in special cases or helps them and their digimon with special tasks (fighting the dark lords).
Yes I think it would be a good idea for them to be in a camp of some sort before appearing in the digital world.
Its ok about the thread. Hopefully you will have time today but I will not be on till later today. My 10 month old daughter is sick and we are taking her to the doctor.

Yes, I understand all but what did you want to do with the crests? You weren't too clear on that. Unless I just didn't catch you rmeaning.

Do you want to pick out crests for our characters?

And I'm working on getting up the thread now. Should be up soon, I hope.

Redred33mer wrote:Indeed I would. We can continue this conversation over PM, I'd rather not spam this thread.

Sure, sounds fine to me. I'll PM you shortly.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Yes, I apologize. It was a thought to keep in mind when creating the characters because I figured it was something we could do later on in the story. I mean, we don't have to pick out the crests now, we could always do that later after we have time to flesh out the characters some in the story, it was just a thought.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Yeah, that sounds good.

And the RP is up! Huzzah!

roleplay/digimon-a-new-adventure

Feel free to get started on your characters. So, I believe we'll have our girls be sisters, and...that's about all we've established so far.

So, outside of the two sisters, how well will our characters know each other? We ought to discuss any potential history they have between themselves, after all.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:32 pm

Alright, I will be working on the two characters. Honestly, I'm not too sure about the other two. Maybe one of the guys know the girls from school or something?

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Hm, maybe. We could just have them all be virtual strangers. That might be more fun, and give us more opportunity to have our characters get to know each other.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Ya thats true. I agree. I should have my 2 up by tomorrow

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!