Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Secret Society RP (OOC thread)

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Secret Society RP (OOC thread)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cornixpes on Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:37 pm

I was wondering if anyone was interested in doing a modern RP based on a highly secret organisation that is in danger of being uncovered. I think it would be fun (ignoring the cliches) if the society was incredibly influencial in current affairs and has a certain degree of control over society. I want to play the part of a some guy who accidentally uncovers the society and realises what they are doing. I think it would be cool if the society seeks to eliminate him and he has to go on the run and figure out a way of bringing them down.

Anyone who wants to join in could RP as people who simultaneously uncover the organisation and we could help each other out and team up against its menace (unless there are any good ideas for different parts). Any takers?

---

CURRENT LINEUP

The Secret Society
Scott Abbott (White House Chief of Staff) = Fischer

Those Who Know
Andew Oldfield (Security intelligence) = Cornixpes
Raphael Jones = Ryu no Senshi
Last edited by Cornixpes on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cornixpes
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter

Re: Secret Society RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu no Senshi on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:58 pm

i like that idea... id be interested just tell me when your starting. that sounds cool. but one question...can i be on the run too? ^_^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryu no Senshi
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cornixpes on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:43 pm

Awesome. Well I'll start it as soon as we get one or two more people, then more can join when they want. Yep, the more on the run the better. It'll be interesting to RP a character that is constantly at risk of being captured so has to drop off the grid altogether. Here's a quick overview of what I am thinking at the moment (including my character):

---
MY CHARACTER
Name: Andrew Oldfield
Origin: Born in Britain, living in America.
Description: Standing at roughly 5'11'' and with an ex-military muscular build Andrew looks quite athletic. He is generally unshaven and his brown hair is usually cut very short. He has a strong jawline and steel grey eyes adding to his almost intimidating appearance. However, he is not as intimidating as he looks, he is very friendly and usually a cheerful and outgoing individual. Due to his absorption in his work he is usually wearing an old shirt and plain jeans.
History: Andrew was born in Britain and from an early age showed considerable prowess in finding things that were not meant to be found. Before he was even interested in computers he liked historic stories, and spent hours researching topics of interest. When he got into computers he unfortunately nursed his dark side and became a hacker of some talent for a few years, before seeing the light and going to university to study computer science. He soon dropped out after being head-hunted by the military, and became an intelligence officer of relative importance for a number of years. He is now working in America for a security firm researching threats.

---
THE SOCIETY
I'll start the RP with me finding out about the society, but it doesn't have to be just me, other people wishing to start their characters by finding out as well can do if they want. I'm thinking that the name 'The Brotherhood' is a good one, I want them to be full of powerful individuals from all over the world. These individuals may seem like they are operating with their own agendas but in reality they are all bent on one thing; total control. They are carefully and steadily contorting the media, politics, the military and society in general to their wicked way. They are particularly in favour of implementing so many laws and technologies that eventually the general population of the civilised world will have little to no freedom.
Last edited by Cornixpes on Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cornixpes
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu no Senshi on Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:41 pm

ill post my idea over the weekend i have to get my thoughts in order

Ryu no Senshi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fischer on Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:20 am

Hi. im brand new but id love to be in this too. It sounds great, though brotherhood is a bit...cliche :-) im triyng to think of someting else ill let you know if i get anything good.

Origin: Born in Califronia, living in Washington DC
Physical Description: Scott holds himself at an honorable 6 feet. He looks a decade younger than he is, but has recently developed a nasty set of bags beneath his eyes from lack of sleep. Skin: Slightly tanned white
His Story: Scott was born to a rich, and influential family in Los Angeles, CA. He attended the local private school, known to be a prime supplier ot ivy league schools. In tenth grade, two year before being able to graduate, his parents (and he as well) lost all their money to their fraud accountant. Devastated, he was pulled out of the school and sent to a public school where he did not fit in at all, and barely managed to live through his next two years. He finally graduated and was excepted to Harvard for which he had to take out multiple loans and earn many scholarships. He graduated Summa Kum Laude, worked in politics for a few years and went to Yael Law where he graduated fourth in his class. He proceeded to work in major law firms for a few years to pay off his loans and eventually return to politics. At the age of 38, he managed a Congressional campaign. They were losing badly and he threw his lot in with his father who knew people who knew people. With the mysterious help of his father, he won, becoming congressman Walter's chief of staff. At 42, he ran for Senate and was elected, with the help of his father's "friend:" a 65 year-old man man named David Lattamore who had taken his father's place as President of the (Nam of Society) Club. Scott became a member of the club only to discover it was far more than a simple club; it was a secret society of influential people around the world who smashed, grabbed, and stabbed to take power.
8 years later, he directed Senator Walter's presidential campaign and made Seantor Water President Walter. He is now the White House Chief of Staff and the second oldest, second most influential member of the society.

_______

let me know if this is ok.

fischer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cornixpes on Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:48 am

Sounds good, looks like you'll be playing the part of the bad guys then! We'll wait for a bit while we finalise the name for the society and other bits and pieces and by then we should have a few people ready to play :).

The Brotherhood is cliche but I couldn't think of anything else at the time. If you could come up with a different name that would be cool. I was thinking that the operation to eliminate those who know about the society could be called something as well; Operation/Project Panthera sounds quite good.

Any more people want to take part? The more the merrier, it's going to be good fun!

Cornixpes
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fischer on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:54 pm

something like "Knights of the ____" or "Knights of __________" or "_____ti" (like the Illuminati)

when we start it though we should probably mak a new topic to esperate the actual RP from us preparing the RP
EDIT: how about "Knights of Selar"

i dont kow. we just need some gibberish word that sounds cool

fischer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu no Senshi on Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:09 pm

Name: Raphael Jones
Origin: Born and Raised in Boston Ma
Physical Description: hes 5ft 9in. he has a scar on his left cheek and black hair. his skin color is brown

His Story: " life is just game and ive got the dice in my hand. so lets play shall we?"-Raphael
Raphael was born in Boston to a poor mother and father.life was hard for his family. his mother had to work 2 jobs while Raphael's father sat at home and drank. Raphaels father and mother faught alot and that caused Raphael to run away from home. he boarded a boat for england and stayed there for ten years( he was fourteen at the time). while in britain Raphael met Andrew who taught him how to hack computers. when Andrew left for america Raphael Became the leader of a street gang called the white tigers. everything was going Raphaels way untill the night of a failed bank heist turned shoot out- his whole gang died in the shoot out. he was the only suvivor. down on his luck and on the run from the law he goes to america in search of his friend andrew

Ryu no Senshi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cornixpes on Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:37 pm

I agree with making a new topic, I'll do that as soon as we're ready to start and I'll try and rename this one to the OOC thread. Knights of Selar sounds good, I'm not sure if it has any meaning, but its sophisticated and kinda ancient-sounding. If we don't come up with anything else we can go with that one because it gives us a nice bit of room to work with.

EDIT: Awesome Ryu, looks like we'll be working together then!

Come on there must be some more people out there who want to give this one a shot, it's going to be great fun! Ideally we could do with another person on the Secret Society team but I don't mind having more people on the good side if that's what they want.

Cornixpes
Member for 11 years

Re: Secret Society RP (OOC thread)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cornixpes on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:47 am

I'll give it another day and if there are no more people wanting to join I'll start the roleplay. People can then join in later if they want!

Cornixpes
Member for 11 years

Re: Secret Society RP (OOC thread)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fischer on Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:30 pm

helo?

fischer
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.