Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Seeking Literate Writers (includes a character list)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Seeking Literate Writers (includes a character list)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:56 pm

I've been itching for a good roleplay lately and have decided to post something since I havent had much luck. Currently, I don't have any big ideas in particular (been dedicating my world building efforts to plotting out my very first novel :D), but I have several well-developed characters (both used and unused) that I'd love to play out. I usually don't do the fandom thing, but I think I've come up with a splendid companion if anyone is into Doctor Who.

Characters include

- A chaotic-neutral kingpin that runs a sizable but efficient crime den called "Mama's Mansion"

-A hotheaded airship racer

-A human-like scientist from another planet and his eerily realistic cyborg.

-A prissy political prisoner and the supersoldier twins that are in pursuit of her (and whoever plays too. This story actually kinda has a plot)
(This one is from an rp that fell through. You can find it here: the-hounds-t82698.html

-A restaurant owner/manager who knows how heavy the weight of responsibility can be when everyone you love turns to you in the face of tragedy and disaster (this is my DW companion).

These are all really different and really swell folks. I can certainly describe them in more detail. Just let me know who you would like to hear more about. Option 1 is really the only character that won't develop much personally, but she was originally conceived as more of a side character. She's still really neat though and would make a fine edition to nearly any sort of story that needs an element of lawlessness.

Let me know who sounds interesting and I'll post more thorough descriptions

And don't be afriad to let me know if you have/are aware of a world any of these people may fit in

I'm seeking others who love good character development and good plot building. I find love stories to be pretty bland and uninspiring and I don't require them as a means of escapism. This especially applies to my companion.

However, every adventure should be a grand spectacle no matter if it's exciting, terrifying, joyous, woeful, or even humorous.

The common denominator for all of my characters is the potential for self-discovery.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Seeking Literate Writers (includes a character list)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm not sure if any of your characters would fit into any of the vague ideas I've got, but I'd be open to working on a story/setting that would go with one of those characters. I've had a mind lately to try my hand at urban fantasy. I'm also interested in doing a roleplay based loosely on the Isle of Lilliput from Gulliver's travels. If neither of those ideas spark any interest, that's fine too. Your character descriptions are very interesting and I can see myself being involved in a game with any but the first. Of the latter four, is there one you're particularly interested in doing?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:44 am

Hmmm. The Isle of Lilliput idea might be interesting. I haven't done urban fantasy in a long time either.

I'm pretty jazzed about any of them really. They're all characters that I've lovingly created, but havent been able to develop them through storytelling.

However, I'm also down to create something new if I get inspired.

Let me know your ideas and tell me what genres you enjoy. Starting with my second character, I have created people for steampunk, scifi (the scientist can have virtually any job really; the cyborg is the important character), utpopian/oppressive rule, and Doctor Who.

I also have a pair of mutant sisters that I haven't had the chance to play out (you can read about them on my profile under "Carolina Joan Walker")
Last edited by diabolicalxdamsel on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fonkyomom on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:28 am

STAR WARS RP for the love of god, Ive been trying to find people for one for weeks.

fonkyomom
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Your profile for the mutant sisters is very interesting and I feel like I'm on the verge of a decent idea for those characters, but I haven't quite grasped it yet. I'll have to get back to you when I wrap my head around this idea that, at the moment, is behaving like one of those floaters you get in your eyes when you look at a light for too long. I can almost see it. The scientist and cyborg also sound very interesting. I haven't done sci-fi in a while.

Genres I like... I enjoy a lot of different kinds of historical games; classic medieval- be it fantasy or realistic, is one I often play. Post apocalyptic can be great, when done well. I enjoy creating fantasy worlds that draw inspiration from different time periods and different cultures, and whatever I'm reading at the moment usually serves as a font of inspiration as well. I also like taking classic stories or gender roles and reversing them. I love to play characters that love to hate each other and I'm a sucker for an unlikely love story that's a struggle the entire time.

I don't like games that focus on combat or politics or romance, and while I like sci-fi it can often feel a little cold, dry, and emotionless to me. There are more things I like and don't like, but this would get very long very quickly if I jotted down all of them.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:46 pm

Cool! If you need help developing a story, I'm happy to help you brainstorm!

I haven't done medieval fantasy in quite a while, but I can enjoy it if the story is good. I like the post-apocalyptic scene.

I'm not big on romance stories either. I like big adventure stories. I judge a story more on its potential for me to create a well-developed character than I do on its genre. I can play just about anything.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenixheart on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:48 am

I like the sound of your DW companion. I'd be happy to brainstorm some ideas with you for that if you'd like

phoenixheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:36 pm

Oh I think she's great! I'll send you the details.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!