Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Seeking plot driven writing partner

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Seeking plot driven writing partner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ConstantVirtue on Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:25 pm

I started role playing on AOL in the mid-90's and it's the only forum I've ever used. I took a few years hiatus and on my return, I realized there must be other avenues for role play, so here I am! A complete newbie to the gateway as of today and I hope this is the right place to find partners.

I am seeking plot and character driven stories with a romantic vein.
Genre
- Modern Realistic, Modern Fantasy, Fantasy (magic, dragons, shifters, vamps, oh my), and Historical (medieval England, Celts, Vikings, Greeks, Romans, perhaps even Persia, India, Egypt).
Content
- Plot and character driven. Straight characters only.
- Life isn't all unicorns and rainbows, but nothing dark without discussion.
- Smut content 0-25%. If you feel the need to ask about adult limits, I'm not the partner for you.
- I don't care for post limits. I usually post at least a paragraph, sometimes more or less depending on how it's going. Sometimes you need more, sometimes less!

I have quite a few ideas, both modern and fantasy. Feel free to ask!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ConstantVirtue
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter

Re: Seeking plot driven writing partner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UsagiArwen on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:12 pm

I am quite intrigued by this. I would like to know more about your ideas, and I've had several ideas for role plays that have worked for me in the past, both from fandoms and from original stories. My only hindrance is that I currently don't have a computer and am using my phone, which means autocorrect is a thing that happens occasionally. I usually try to proof read, but there are rare occasions where I miss something.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

UsagiArwen
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 am

I'm interested in this and would love to discuss some ideas with you. I'm not comfortable having only straight characters, but if you only want mxf pairings, I can definitely work with that! I feel like I should point out, though: smut isn't allowed on this website.
Image Image Image

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:32 pm

I'm always looking for RP partners, so I'd like to throw my own dog into the fight (...man, that's a really dark expression). I do have some concerns, though, namely:

1. Why only straight characters? While it's understandable that your own might be heterosexual, and therefor we should not expect our promiscuous fantasies to be realized, I don't see a reason to restrict someone's character design if there's no reason that every character in the universe is straight. I enjoy fantasy because I get to make up fantastical and unreal species and cultures, some of which dogmatically proctor mating seasons and some of which let whoever do whoever they please. And for some of my characters, bisexuality or homosexuality is an important part of their personal, religious, or cultural identity.

2. Can we get synopsis on what your ideas are?

3. I'd like to point out, contrary to Nezzy's help, that smut is allowed on the website, following certain guidelines. In PMs there's really no rules, as long as your explicit content isn't unsolicited, and RPs can be tagged "adult" as fair warning as to what... festivities might be described.

4. I'm re-reading and, when I see where you wrote it, do you mean the RP is supposed to be "straight characters only" as in focused, not prohibitive to non heterosexuals?

And, since you're offering qualifications, I've been playing D&D since 2006-ish and I picked up online RPing shortly thereafter. I tend to write a lot more than a paragraph; I like to run more than one character, and typically my foils always have something to bicker or complain about.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:43 pm

Rule #3 of the original roleplaygateway rules states "No cybering on any portion of the site, even in non-public areas." And #2 in the updated rules says "Sexually explicit (kissing, fondling, etc.) interactions must be concluded immediately in the responding author's post and must be separated by at least 5 posts of other non-adult writing. Help keep RolePlayGateway smut-free by working together with your game's players to meet this requirement."

Sorry if I seem pushy it's just... Some people may be doing it without getting caught, but smutting on RPG can get you banned and I don't want any of you to get in trouble...

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:34 pm

Those look like the Multiverse rules, not the website rules. But since I've been a member of RPG the rules have changed I think at least three times, and I know they're going to be revised again as part of the revitalization efforts.

And... I tried finding the rule list, and for the life of me can't remember where to find it. So you're probably right, Nezzy.

I do remember distinctly that there was a time period in which I was correct. But I also have very distinct memories of a version of Where The Wild Things Are with words on every page telling a beautiful and strange story, so it's possible I dreamed one or both.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekriist on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:50 pm

I'm interested in anything medieval, particularly Anglo-Saxon England and the Hundred Years war. I can do fantasy if it's low. I prefer grit and realism in terms of violence and combat, so that's a forewarning. I have an idea in mind for an alternate history of the Norman Conquest as well if you're up for exchanging ideas.
The road to civilization is paved with bones, and mortared with blood and ash.

Nekriist
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!