Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Sega Dreacast

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Sega Dreacast

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dart on Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:02 am

A'right.

So,
Apparently I'm the only one left in the entire world who adores their dreamcast(or so it feels.).

Unfortunately.
Not many people even know what the damn thing is anymore.

I'm just curious as to how many people even think about Sega anymore?

What games were favorited so on etc...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dart
GWC Veteran
Member for 11 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Sega Dreacast

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fluffy on Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:17 am

Oh, how I wanted a Dreamcast. How I still want a Dreamcast, but now that the peeps who still own them know how valuable they are they won't give 'em up! Rar!

But it's still cool, cuz I've got my Sega Genesis >3. It's not the one we first had in the house, but I consider myself lucky to have gotten a working system. I love 16-bit gaming, it's so much fun. Yeah, the SNES had some good games, but none compare to the Sonic the Hedgehog games. Those friggin' RAWK! I have Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic Spinball, and Sonic 3D Blast. Oh...wow....3D Blast is fuuunnn~ and appropriately hard like all older Sonic games must be X3. And it's amazing. The graphics are great, and the game runs so smoothly. Too bad they didn't have enough room to spruce up the simple special stages, 's all pixelated and the obstacles are so easy. I'd say it's worth it, considering the levels are so great. The camera angle's static, but for a 16-bit game I'm not complaining.

It saddens me to know that kids don't know the joys of old school gaming. Maybe we should introduce 'em all to Metal Slug or Raiden or Strickers 1945 or something. Hell, the older Mortal Kombat games.

Remember Sega? I love Sega, I look forward to the games they put out because they're a good company! And they created Sonic, yay! They seriously ruled the 16-bit gaming years.

Here's a good question: Anyone remember the Sega Saturn? I do. Sega GameGear? I do. I'm friggin' 23 years old and I remember wishing I could shoot the dog on the NES's Duck Hunt. Booyah. Old school gaming forevah.
>.> I am a Transfan and an artist. Be warned. <.<

View my gallery here!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fluffy
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:07 pm

Yah, i own a sega genesis and dreamcast, there both great, i love um. cause i grew up on them, not Nintendo but sega. and a little playstation. Still, it's aq great system with really good games, and it's easy to use, pluss the memory cards were really cool. It was great what they did with stations, they were really fun.
Let your soul Burn!!!

Life is to short to give up, never stop fighting.

The blade is a tool and a way of life.

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dart on Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:05 pm

Haha..
I played Satrun forever.
My first game was Tempest on the Atari.
:D
I'm an NES freak.

MY personal Favorite NES game was Final Fantasy

Sega was Sonic and Knuckles.

Snes was Super Metroid.

Saturn was Ridge Racer.

Dreamcast was Eternal Arcadia.

Dart
GWC Veteran
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:34 pm

I own two(and a Genesis), because the disc secure broke on my first.

I still maintain that the Dreamcast was probably the greatest gaming system ever, and definitely the most underrated. It blew N64 and PSX out of the water in every department, but its release date was underhyped.

Sonic Adventure
Power Stone
Skies of Arcadia

That says it all. =D
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dart on Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:50 pm

Well said..

Heh.

Eternal Arcadia was one of the best....
And always will be.. :]

Dart
GWC Veteran
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.