Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Sehrithei's Child

a topic in Character Journals, a part of the RPG forum.

If you want to create a journal for your character, use this forum.

Sehrithei's Child

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orias Selgarde on Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:49 pm

[align=center] I have arrived, so it seems. For so long had I been deprived of a home, and now I find myself sitting among the ranks of what appear to be immortal men and women. What is this feeling of restlessness? The inevitable need to stand and present myself to them with utmost respect? Do they deserve such a thing?

...I am getting ahead of myself. It is I who have trespassed upon these grounds. And it should be I who should lower myself to the knee. Only to an extent, naturally. I still have a duty to perform for those who have survived the slaughter at Sehrithei. Not a day goes by where I do not remember the torment..the bloodshed...the remnants of what used to be an entity of togetherness; my people have been scattered..or what was left of them.

It's shameful. I, a lieutenant, was forced to run away from my own battle. Forced to live a life of isolation, away from the reality which I so desperately wanted to face alongside Jasin. Insanity plagues me...

Heh...my first entry, and I've stained the page with tears. Crimson tears, at that. If you have managed to stumble upon this page (As I will most likely be tearing them from my book and leaving them to and fro for personal reasons), I ask that you forgive me for the blood upon this script. Suicidal thoughts, driven by my feeling of regret, have lead me to carve my flesh to a slight degree. I am now bandaged..but only physically. Unfortunately for me...there is no regretting the past.
[/align]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Orias Selgarde
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Leaving Sehrithei..

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orias Selgarde on Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:42 am

[align=center] An insatiable desire to have fulfillment in my life struck me as the pristine white gates of Sehrithei slammed closed behind me. Smoke and debri filled the air as the foul did, wafting in epic proportion. The carving of bone and sinew was too familiar, horrid screams rampant in my ear as I turned to gaze at my once prosperous city. I felt out of place..so much so that I would make haste to dash toward my latest exit, tight fists colliding time and again with the metal to beg my return. However, it was all for nothing.

My pleas for redemption still echo through my head. Sweat threatened to roll down my cheeks; I could taste the very salt upon my buds. Or perhaps they had been tears..with no interest in finding which it was, I could only amble further out into the distance which lay before me. Darkness crept over the recesses of the valley, ominously welcoming my confused state. And with nothing to defend myself with, my fists and elemental prowess would serve me well. And so had it been; I would traverse the forest for years to come, surviving off water and what little meat I could catch. I spent many a night curled up at the base of a tree, keeping a single eye open for the beasts of myth. It was somewhat humorous..the cold mist that escaped my mouth was the only sign of laughter, for my level of coherence had been rejected by the memory of pain..agony..torture.

It was spirit-breaking, knowing that one of my status had just been reduced to an orphan. My parents were gone. That was obvious to me, for I could see that there were miniscule levels of destruction visible to the eyes every time I would glance out from the entrance of my safe haven. The towering buildings I cherished had been toppled, some so horribly so that the very edifices I had walked in my childhood lay scattered at the foot of the city's walls, tattered and pasted with the dried blood of my kin. It was enough to drive me insane...but no. Jasin would have never approved. The question of his survival was of no consequence, leaving me to procrastinate for many months before finally deciding to travel abroad.

As I sit here and reflect on such things...I suppose that I could say that it payed off. In due time, I will come to know just how true that thought is... -The rest are drawings of Sehrithei's various buildings-
[/align]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Orias Selgarde
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.