Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Seizing Power and Luxury

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Seizing Power and Luxury

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:06 am

Sinful had already been in the L1 colony since he had started running for elections for leadership over all the colonies. His mediocre office suited him just fine for the every-day politician, however now that he had become the absolute ruler of the colonies, he felt he should symbolize his power by moving into a more suitable office. Sinful walked out of his old office, a square of eight soldiers, armed with semi-automatic rifles and clad in full body armor, surrounded him as he was escorted to the end of the steps. As soon as he had exited the building, three armed hovercraft flew overhead and began circling his location. At the end of the stairs where the sidewalk met the street, a black stretch limousine awaited him with the Chauffer just beginning to open the door. The tires on the limousine had an unusual metallic gloss that made it immediately obvious that this vehicle had undergone heavy modification. To either side of the limousine were two armored Hummers with all the windows tinted.

Trying to contain his awe from the general public watching this, which was no doubt being televised by the news hungry media (as is their job to capture a nation and global leader's every breath and move on tape), he quickly pulled himself inside the luxuriously furnished limo. Once safely within the confines of this mobile luxury home, the chauffer quietly shut the door and quickly made his way into the driver's seat. Within seconds, they were off headed down an empty street. The route they had chosen had been cleared of traffic ahead of time to further facilitate his transition. The hummer vehicles stayed within a close radius of the limo and the three hovercraft flew ahead.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:19 am

A few short minutes later, they had arrived at a grand gothic castle-looking office complex that soared into the sky. The artificial weather was scheduled to bring down a torrent of rain in the next couple of hours to catalyze farm growth and help clean the streets. The thunder clouds were already beginning to gather, made evident by the lightning that boomed through the air in sync with his exiting of the limo. Just as he exited, eight guards resumed their formation around General Sin and escorted him into the massive granite constructed lobby. A beautiful receptionist in her early 20s greeted him into his new abode. One of the guards standing by him moved out of formation as the receptionist approached him. She handed General Sin a pass card that would easily slip inside of the sleeve of his cloak. Instead of being directed through the regular elevators, he was re-directed to a special elevator set off to the side with ornate carvings of symmetrical tigers on the double doors, sprayed over to give it a shiny, gold look. He slid the card that was just handed to him through the sensor, and the doors opened. Two of the guards piled in with him while the rest remained out in the lobby.

After a brief ride to the top of the castle, the doors opened revealing a short hallway of about 6 feet. At the end of this path, there were two double doors plated in gold. Oriental artwork depicting scenes of powerful dragons with rubies for eyes were inlayed into the doors. Even the handles had grips that appeared to be plated in gold. The guards remained inside the elevator as he exited making his way towards the doors. The elevator doors closed behind him, and General Sin pushed open the double doors in front of him. The luxury he saw before him drew him with such surprise that he removed his hood to allow full panoramic view of his surroundings. Not only were the amenities more numerous than necessary, but the feel of the entire level was perfect for him. He cracked a smile and entered his new home, for his work would now be his life and apparently the people of the colonies expected as much from him. He would not fail them.

"I knew the colonies were loaded…"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:11 pm

Sinful entered into the vast office and after his awe had sunk in far enough, he managed to close the doors behind him. He gazed across the room which was apparently divided into distinct separate sections. To the right of the entry was a living area furnished with black leather couches and large flat screen TV that spanned the height and the width of the wall that was designated for the living area. Panels on either side held an assortment of media equipment for his use. On the left side was a formal dining area. From here you could access the private quarters through an arched hallway. Straight ahead of him down a black marble path led him to a short flight of rounded stairs that spanned the width of the office. At the top of these stairs was a large desk pre-setup with an assortment of equipment for him to utilize along with comfortable guest chairs. To one side of his desk was a minibar and a small kitchen area fully equipped and stocked. To the other side was a small lounging and gaming area equipped with a pool table, a card table, and a virtual driving range and putting rig.

All of this was grand and luxurious; however the back wall was covered in a double silk curtain which caught his curiosity. He made his way over towards his new desk, and there on a panel of buttons was a sticky note beside a particular button that said "Push this." He moved his hand towards the button and with the extension of his index finger the button was pressed. Just as Moses parted the seas, the curtains pulled off to the sides revealing a giant glass wall framed in titanium construction and a reinforced door located at the bottom left corner. Through this wall was visible a large rounded balcony, and further beyond was a beautiful view of the colony buildings through the holes in the growing thunder clouds.

After he had adjusted to his new surroundings, he went into the living area and flipped on the large T.V. It was already defaulted to a widely known news station, and there he caught a rerun of Kaden's speech. He smirked as he watch Kaden conduct himself with great poise.

"Just like his father..."
A few moments later, Zhelir's own speech had come up on the news and again he smirked when Zhelir revealed his mobile suit to the public.
"Everyone seems to be set. The ball is in motion, but the next move is in Earth's hands..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:54 pm

Sinful had his head laying atop his desk and his body hunched over. His answering machine had been messaged several times by his secretary, though no one dared to physically disturb him. Presumably he had been hard at work for several days now trying to organize the goings on behind the scenes in the colonies. However, after many weeks of little or no sleep since the beginning of his run for elections, the toll had finally been placed on his body and for the last 36 hours he had been fast asleep. A bill that had been proposed to him by a small ordinance, obviously asking for funds, was plastered to his face after days of drool and pressure. After this long period of rest, he managed to snap back into reality as his secretary rang his phone once again expecting to leave a message. He snapped his head up and instantly sat straight with his right hand slipping within his cloak to rest on the hilt of his .50 caliber Desert Eagle - The front page of the bill still plastered to his face. After regaining his composure, he quickly pulled the bill from his face, crumpled it into a ball, and tossed it into the nearest trash can.

He then picked up the call from his secretary, and in as clear and confident voice he could considering the immense amount of drowsiness still in his system, he responded to the secretary.

"...Yes?"
The secretary, shocked to hear the leader's voice after so long, continued on to describe the long series of events that had happened during his absence. Sinful began jotting down notes onto a close by post-it note to help him keep track of the events. After being informed of all the events, he passed a message to his secretary to send to all the colony leaders. A brief meeting was going to be held to help launch our next important move.

He then made another quick phone call and had several shuttles put on standby. A new chapter was about to begin.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haruka_Tenou on Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:34 pm

Her form glided through the shadows of buildings that surround her as she gazed upon her targeted sight. With silence she swayed through the soft light that never seemed to reach her, leaving her with a cover of darkness so that she might get close enough. With a small amount of speed, though not enough to call it running nor even pace walking she allowed her feet to lead her into a rather beautiful, though in her own opinion overly-done building.

She took in the figure who sat behind the near by desk though she tried to ignore the woman completely.


Excuse me Miss. Do you have an appointment? She heard the voice hesitating only a moment before she nodded and simply moved on. The woman, she figured, would call ahead, so she continued towards her desired path, ignoring most of her current surroundings as she did not feel the need to take it all in. Plants did not help the feeling of comfort and the walls were somewhat bland to her. Everything was very, common for those of power. At least that is what she assumed as she had always held off with going anywhere near people who had a position or even, if truth were to be told, near people at all. It simply did not become her. Yet she had skills that could be used. True she was of no help what-so-ever when it came to a battle, but her areas were more vital when it came to those who were.

In moments, she found herself outside of a rather large door. Her fist moved upward and she hit it solidly twice waiting for a response. Her mind had possibilities and though it was true she did not know the man whom she was about to meet with, she did feel that it was necessary.

Of course, it did not help that she honestly did not have an appointment. He would see her, or he would not. Everything would be in his hands after this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Haruka_Tenou
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Concierge Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:23 pm

General Sin's transport ship was last ship to dock in the colonies. He refused to enter until he received confirmation that all of the surviving warriors had made it safely back to the colonies. As soon as he disembarked from the shuttle a security guard presented him with a clipboard and on this clip board was a list of the soldiers that had died during the battle and their personal information regarding their families. He cringed with each listing of a name. A total of seven pilots had lost their lives during the battle, and though our death ratio was much smaller than the enemies, even one death was a great toll. Earth did not care much for human life. To them, human lives were expendable and that's what made them barbaric and unfit to live in a universe that rightfully belonged to the civilians of the Colonies. Sinful went down the hallway as he stared at the list. The pathway was almost natural for him by now, he didn't need to look where he was going. The colonists quickly moved to the side as he approached, and if they didn't the guards that were all around him forced them to move. He went through the list almost memorizing the names, repeating them softly to himself as he made his way out of the bay towards the artificially created world.
"Noventa, Septum, Ventei, Darlian, Walker, Otto, Bunt... All gone..."
Underneath the list of the deceased were permission forms to release government funds to the families of the dead. He raised his right hand out to the side at shoulder height and snapped his fingers once. Immediately a ball point pen had been placed in his hand by a nearby guard. He began signing the permission forms as he made his way towards the limousine that awaited him. As per usual, four hummers total loaded with armed guards were to either side of the limo. By the time the chauffer had opened the door for him, he had finished signing the last paper. He then sat inside the limo, stretched his legs out across the spacious "room" within the limo and sank himself into a depressed state that he didn't want to show to the public. The clipboard was set to the side, the names and faces of the dead in full color and quality clearly visible even in the dim light of the limo.

After what seemed like hours, they finally made it to General Sin's office / residence. When he entered the lobby area, he was immediately greeted by the young receptionist.

"Hello General. Welcome back, I hear we won the..."
She stopped mid-sentence as he appeared to not even acknowledge her presence. As he passed by her, he handed her the clipboard with full confidence she would understand the situation. After looking at the clipboard she quickly added:
"Oh my...Oh! Also there's a lady who went up there while you were gone not long ago. She wouldn't stop to listen to me."
He simply nodded his head and made his way up through his own special elevator. During the ride up he had returned to the stern look of a leader to hide his inner sadness for his lost comrades. It was at this time when he tried to regain his composure that he realized how drained his body felt from the weariness of battle. Just another flaw to hide, he thought. A soft ding and the double doors opened. Not more than a few feet from him he saw a lady standing in front of the double doors that led to his sanctuary. He took a few steps forward to bring himself closer to her before he began to speak.
"Is there something you need?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:41 pm

][OOC: Continued from here][

Allowing a few minutes to pass, Faith stared from the thick file to the children playing nearby in the park. It seemed so serene, so peaceful yet as usual that peace would probably be broken with death and destruction. That always seemed to be the case, no matter what time period the human race lived in. Shifting her gaze from the laughing kiddos to the glass fountain in the middle of a circular section, she watched the water falling silently into the basin below. All around her families tossed balls back and forth or shared picnics upon pastel colored blankets. An ache appeared in her heart from what she assumed to be the lack of family and friends. The com flickered again and pulled her out of her silent thoughts.

"Well… I guess it’s now or never. Let’s see what this thing is connected to and why I have a strange jacket with a bizarre emblem in my possession."

Dropping the jacket as well as the file into her lap, she moved her hand to the pocked on the right side. Grasping the device gently in her fingers, she slid not only her hand but the commlink from the confines of the fabric. Staring at it in wonder, she spared a final glance to the children before flipping it on so that she could speak into it. No words slipped from her mouth however when her lips were parted. It was as if all the questions she had been pondering upon from the moment she woke up, just poofed away. Deciding to take one thing at a time, she cleared her throat before trying it again.

"Err… hello there. I seem to have this device that keeps speaking to me. Who am I speaking to?"
Last edited by Faithy on Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:46 am

Receiving no immediate response from the women standing in front of his door, he simply moved on past her and into his office. He assumed she would follow if she needed him. He made his way up the short primarily cosmetic stairway towards his office desk. He took a seat and finally began to relax. Just as he was beginning to get comfortable, he heard a transmission from his }{G comm. During these war times, he left the comm on round the clock so that he could hear messages immediately.
"Err… hello there. I seem to have this device that keeps speaking to me. Who am I speaking to?"
He sat in silence for a few moments as he began to scan his memory banks. He knew he had heard the voice somewhere before, it was a kind of distinct voice that weighed some large significance to him. For the first time in a long while he suddenly felt old as he had difficulty remembering who it was on the other side. He tried to respond and quickly tried to collect himself to maintain an authoritative tone.
"This...This is General Sin. Who are you? How did you get an }{G Comm and not know who I am?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haruka_Tenou on Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:19 pm

She ignored him for a moment as her gaze slid over the man who had just arrived. Truth was her response had been held due to her mind going blank from shock for a moment. It was not at all like her to be caught off gaurd and yet her mind had been so terribly consumed with other things at the time that she had not even heard the elevator doors open. That was not at all acceptable.

She waited as he enerted into his own private demain before following after him. Slipping into the shadows which had become so comforting towards her. Her feet managed to lead her through the chamber with ease before she sat herself down in the chair across from him, his own voice responding to a very diffrent person. Yet she was willing to wait for him to end his transmission before jumping into a direct conversation.

There was business to be discussed if he would give her a chance to simply explain why she had come and what her goals were.

That at least was the plan.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Haruka_Tenou
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Concierge Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:32 pm

Almost absentmindedly, the blonde twirled the communicator between her tanned slender digits. She had a feeling that she was always impatient and perhaps that would be a good thing to work on, starting now. Shifting her gaze from the mechanical piece of equipment, Faith watched a father pushing his little girl with curly golden locks on a set of swings. The sight make her long for her own memories and with a long sigh, she glanced back down towards the communicator before realizing another beep was coming from the second pocket. Rolling her eyes, she pulled it out, deciding to answer it while waiting for the second or first, whichever.

"Who are you and why do you keep calling me?"

”Ahh, how it is good to hear your voice again Faith. Seems you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I know your looking for answers right now. And i have some of them. Unfortunately i really do not have time to tell them to you right now. But if you wait patiently I will be seeing you soon to talk to you.” The voice was achingly familiar, but the reason why, evaded her.

"So your with this }{ G?"

A simple question to ask considering that’s what the emblem upon the back of the jacket looked like. Unfortunately, his answer didn’t answer her questions but ticked her off instead.

”No, but they probably have a lot do have a lot to do with your rebirth. I just know you and had a friend keep an eye on you. Now if you mind young one. I have a shuttle to catch. I will be there soon. I will contact you once I'm on the colony!”

Before she had a chance to disagree or even argue back with him, the connection was cut short. Letting out a very loud annoyed growl, Faith shoved the second communicator back into the pocket. Why couldn’t anyone give an answer to all the questions in her mind. Closing her eyes in order to silently count backwards to ten, she remembered about the first communicator. At last a male voice filtered across the speaker of the comm.

"This...This is General Sin. Who are you? How did you get an }{G Comm and not know who I am?"

Of all irritating things. Here she is completely confused as to who she truly is and how she came across these things and instead of answering, he was asking her questions. Sliding her right hand up to her nose, she pressed against the bridge part of it, again counting to ten. How was she supposed to answer? Sin…? Sin…? Why did that seem familiar.

"Look, I don’t know how I came across the }{G comm, I just woke up with it and a jacket with the same emblem. I’m Faith… err… Faith… Hell, I don’t know my last name."

Shifting her gaze from the comm, she quietly watched the people around her. It wasn’t that she was paranoid, she just didn’t want to be snuck up upon and taken back to the lab. If the first male was right and }{G did have something to do with her, she wanted to know and hopefully this General Sin dude was the answer to all her questions. Another thing that bubbled up inside her mind was the fact that she was called young one, which meant the first dude had to have known her somehow… plus, he called her Faith. It was all just too confusing and irritating.

"Ugh…"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:09 pm

Once he made his response he stared towards the woman sitting in the chairs in front of his desk. He sat silently for a moment as he examined her as if trying to pierce her soul under awkward pressure. Just as it appeared he was about to say something, a reply came from his }{G communicator that interrupted him.
"Look, I don’t know how I came across the }{G comm, I just woke up with it and a jacket with the same emblem. I’m Faith… err… Faith… Hell, I don’t know my last name."
The surprise to him was obvious, no matter how hard he tried to cover it while in the presence of another person. Even more undeniable was now he remembered why the voice sounded so familiar. It matched exactly how he remembered Faith. But this couldn't be, it had to be some kind of trick. Faith was long gone. He then made his harsh reply.
"That's impossible; Faith has been dead for many years. I watched her die. This is one twisted joke you're pulling."
He took a moment to recollect himself and pull his attention away from the obvious phoney to the woman sitting before him.
"So, I'm sure you know who I am, but I don't know who you are. I assume you have some business to discuss with me? Or at least some sort of good excuse for arriving without an appointment and completely unannounced. I don't have time to waste..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haruka_Tenou on Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:19 pm

She found that a small smirk had begun to twist the edges of her lips as her form settled into the chair a bit more. The man before her who seemed so cool under pressure now seemed to be a bit ruffled by the strange conversation that was taking place over his comunication device. However that was of no concern to her.

Her shoulders twiched slightly forward as her eyes held his own gaze taking in his appearance and waiting to see if it would be worth her time more than his. However she knew that her ultimate goal was to come first.

My name is of no concern as of yet. However we do indeed have something that might be of value to discuss. I am a healer in need of a place to set up residence. She paused for a short space of heartbeats before she continued with words that she had gone over many times within her own mind.

I would like to open a hospital here on L1 and since you are in a war I believe that it would be for the best. You would gain from our agreement with the simple fact that your men would not simply perish and I would be able to work and do what my nature has called me to do. Her words flew as her calm tone allowed him to simply think it over, She had all the time in the world to try and persuade him. While he on the other hand, Was short on it as he had already informed her.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Haruka_Tenou
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Concierge Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:50 pm

"That's impossible; Faith has been dead for many years. I watched her die. This is one twisted joke you're pulling."

Once again the young blonde found that people knew more about her than she knew about herself. It was rather annoying, but instead of copping an attitude, she simply sighed inwardly. She hadn’t died, but from what she read in the files, it was damn close. If she hadn’t been moved to the lab where she awoke, she probably would have been one with the daises and the dirt. Instead of immediately responding and arguing like a child would, she paused a moment or two. Another reason for pausing was the little girl who had been swinging moments ago had slowly approached her with a wide and very innocent smile. It was enough to melt her and after sliding so that she was more the girl’s height, she accepted the beautiful flower that had been clutched within the girl’s small hand. Upon first glance, it would appear to be a normal daisy but that was misleading because it was a special daisy since it was a gift from such a sweet little girl. Before Faith had a chance to thank her, the little girl giggled and ran off to play on the slide.

Heh… sweet thing…

Turning her attention once more to the comm, she resisted the urge to chuck it across the park. If she was some phantom that was supposed to be dead, then why was she saved. Why wasn’t her family [if she had one] notified of her progress. So many questions and it frustrated her that no one could answer them. Figuring the few moments was up, she decided to answer General Sin.

"Look. I’m Faith and that’s all there is to it. According to the file I have sitting in my lap, I almost died but because I was rushed to the lab, I lived. It’s actually rather confusing to me and once my memory is back, perhaps I can tell you more. A lot of these reports are reports and lab results that I don’t even get. It’s frustrating and you’re pissing me off! Perhaps YOU can explain to me how I came into possession of an ]{G jacket AND a comm. Or are you going to be a useless SOB like the lab workers were?!"

Quickly lowering her voice, she again found herself gazing about the park. Though the crowd was diminishing some, the blonde girl and her father continued playing. What she found intriguing about it, was the father wasn’t just standing around watching her play, he was interacting with her. He was going down the slide with her, he was swinging with her. The two of them teeter tottered together. The girl had a smile on her face the entire time and it wasn’t as if he hated it because he was laughing and smiling as well. It struck something inside of her but it wasn’t enough to pull the memory out from the locked door.

"Hell…"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heero_gundam101 on Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:04 pm

Waking with a grunt, the man slowly opened his eyes, and was blinded immediately by the overhead lights in the shuttle. The lights had turned on, indicating that they had landed. Wondering why he had not been woken up, the man quickly left the shuttle and made his way out of the space station and into the colony itself

I'm getting to old for this crap, i should have just lived my life in solitude and peace...

Despite thinking this, the man knew he would be vastly to bored if he just packed up shop and decided to live till his death at old age, unless of course someone with a grudge came after him, that was unlikely though, all of his enemies were dead, or had long since forgotten about him. What he needed to do now, before contacting Faith again, was to pick up his supplies from his drop box he had stashed away on this colony. If it was even there anymore. Walking through a nearby park he saw a child and a man playing together and smiled slightly, but failed to see the Blonde lady as she argued with some communicator. Exiting the park, he made his way toward the industrial section where his drop box had been placed.

Why do they have to make these Colonies so big now a days?

The man muttered as he walked into the industry section and threaded his way through back alleys until he came to a specific spot, looking around the man made sure no one was watching as he cracked opened what looked like a dumpster, one that had never been used for some reason. Pulling a package from the dumpster the man sighed and began muttering again

It's so hard to find good creative help these days, i mean a dumpster? who hides gear there?!

Shaking his head the man pull on a Black coat with a SW on the shoulder and slid his guns into their respective holsters. Glancing at the Dagger, he made sure that the blade had not been damaged and was still as sharp as ever before also placing it in its sheathe. Looking at his Katana, the man decided he would just have to be careful with it and hope no one would bother him about it till he could find a better place to put it.

Ok! now that I'm ready! time to return to the waiting game!!

The man pulled the communicator he had called Faith with and signalled to call her, and as he expected received no answer. Sighing the man looked at the communicator with a slight look of disgust before moving away from where his stuff had been stashed.

I hope it doesn't take the same amount of time to get through to her as it did last time

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Heero_gundam101
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversationalist Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:13 pm

A long leg crossed over the other while her back pressed against the bench. Quite satisfied for the moment to watch the scene in front of her, she barely noticed that a great deal of time had passed since the last transmission she had received. The transmission from the man named Sinful who was accusing her of lying. Strands of her blonde hair caressed against her cheeks due to the light wind that had once again picked up. Only the fluttering of papers drew her out of the daze she had fallen in. Glancing down silently, she shuffled what had fallen loose from the folder and shoved it beneath her leg to keep it secure.

Mmm… wonder if other children are enjoying this weather…

Smiling softly, Faith found herself humming under her breath. It seemed so natural, so calming to her and without thinking twice, her sound soon turned into a whistle, one that most everyone nearby could hear. The little girl giggled and waved over at Faith before leaping onto the outer edge of the fountain, her tiny feet making their way around the base expertly. Something inside the blonde woman tugged at her mind as if indicating this was something like she used to do. Sliding to her feet, she dropped the jacket down on top of the file before making her way towards the fountain. Hopping up behind the little girl, she walked along the base, the two females humming and whistling together as if they had been doing it their entire lives.

"Hehehe!! You’re fun!"

As expected, the little girl’s voice bubbled around Faith just like a group of butterflies flying in a field of flowers. The words caused Faith to stop and think a moment; her left foot paused in mid air. It seemed odd, but deep down the amnesiac knew the kiddo was right. Grinning at the girl, Faith patted her head before crouching down a bit. A soft beeping sound came from her jacket and after swearing internally, the blonde warrior knew it was the first stranger… the one that had called her young one.

"Well kiddo, seems I have to get going. It was a pleasure meeting you. Thanks so much for the flower and letting me be a part of your playtime. Take care squirt."

Grinning, Faith leapt off the fountain in order to make her way over to the jacket. Instead of picking it up, she slid her hand within the pocket, her fingers wrapping around the communicator. Sighing heavily, she peered at it a moment, almost glaring but a quick glance at the flower calmed her down instantly. Sitting down beside the jacket, she turned her gaze back towards her new found friend and father, watching ‘em silently. Flipping the switch, she cleared her throat before answering the male.

"Hmm? Faith here. I’ve been waiting. I take it you’re on the colony now and that means we can get this meeting over with, eh? Well, I’m sitting in the park near the fountain and the playground. Come, now."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heero_gundam101 on Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:16 pm

The mans lips tug up into a slight smile as the female voice answers

"Hmm? Faith here. I’ve been waiting. I take it you’re on the colony now and that means we can get this meeting over with, eh? Well, I’m sitting in the park near the fountain and the playground. Come, now."

Ahh, Faith, impatient as always. And still straight to the point. But you said park near the fountain and the playground? I passed through there recently. I must really be getting old if I failed to notice you! Anyways I will be there in a few moments…

Before the blonde could say anything the man flipped the communicator off and started to back track his way back to the park. As he walks he slides the dagger from it’s sheathe.

Looks like its time for you to return to your true owner!

A look of what looks almost like glee passes over the mans face as he glanced at the dagger in his hand and slides it back into its respective sheathe as he entered the park area.

Now I wonder where that brat is now. She said she was here in this park. Yet all I see is the cheerful little girl and… Ahhhh there she is.

Smiling the man made his way over to the blonde girl, only to be stopped by the little girl whose excited face reminded him almost to much of the blondes he was getting ready to talk to. Smiling down at the little girl he reached down and ruffled her hair playfully then looked up at where Faith stood with her arms crossed

I better not keep your friend busy for long little one, if you would excuse me.
The man said to the little girl with a wink and a smile

The man turns fully toward where the blonde stands and steels himself mentally as he starts moving toward the face that seemed forever young in his mind. Memories of her cheerful antics from when she was still so very naïve and the look of pain on her face when people began to target her for something she had no control over. The man wished he could turn back the clock and make everything better for her. Coming to a stop in front of the Blonde he looked up into her eyes.

Faith. It’s been to long, but I guess this isn’t the time for me to be caught up in memories. I should explain. Yes your name is Faith, and yes… in all rights… You should be dead... and you might want this back

The man pulled from it's sheathe, the dagger. Holding the tip between his fingers he pointed the pommel of the dagger to her. Looking at her with a smiled

After all, it is yours. You did throw that at me last time we talked. Even if you don't remember it.

(OOC: my head hurts to much to continue, that and im crappy at doing flashbacks or whatever is required to explain who Faith is to her own self... Yea yea.. excuses)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Heero_gundam101
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversationalist Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:54 pm

][OOC: Moving our stuff back to here Heero. =)][

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heero_gundam101 on Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:37 am

[OOC: Wish you would stop moving around on me and make up your mind. but ok.. Ill stay out of Sinfuls post until its time for me to reenter it.. ]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Heero_gundam101
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversationalist Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:35 pm

OOC: Restarting a brief solo RP.

------------------------------------------------------
He slowly made his way into his old building. It was clear it hadn't been well maintained in a long time. The natural grass had grown high with weeds all around. Vines starting creeping up the walls. The automated lights were still programmed perfectly and shined brightly through the dark night. Apparently someone had still been paying the electricity bill. Inside, the dim glow of faint lights could be seen through the large transparent doors that lined the front. The man pushed through the doors into the dimly lit lobby. The guards that once stood were no longer there. Everything around seemed dead and dust had settled along the floor. White sheets were draped on top of all the furniture and artwork that used to boast magnificance. To the right of him, the flashing of a T.V caught his attention. The sound was low, but still noticeable. On the screen was an advertisement displaying a used car salesmen throwing out his sales pitch. A moment later, the slight movement of a shadow drew his eyes to the receptionist's desk. A soft hand rubbed against plush cheeks, followed by a soft yawn. There, laying on the desk was a blonde woman in her early 20s. She had apparently been sleeping for a while. An easy job it would seem. The elegent high heeled shoes that set on the desk beside her red velvety purse would indicate she had a high income. The area around her and her desk was unusually clean in comparison to the rest of the building. The man continued on forward toward his ever-so familiar elevator. He pushed away the cobwebs that had spanned across the door with his gloved left hand, then blew off the dust that had settled on the sensor. The once radiant golden doors had dulled nearly to a bronze. The man slid a card through the sensor, and the doors peeled open with a creek. The light inside the elevator flickered, and the "Ding!" was a few seconds late. The doors slammed shut just after the bell. The woman laying on the table slowly awakened for a moment, but in her drowsiness, had missed everything that happened around her.

A few moments later the doors would open again and he would be greeted with a new set of golden double doors. The hallway was dark with the only light coming from the flickering light inside the elevator. Before the elevator doors could close again, he pushed open the double doors to reveal his old office. Just as he opened the doors, a flash of lightning shone through the large windowed wall in the back of the office illuminating the interior for a few moments. Everything was as he had left it, not a single item moved.

And then he thought for a moment, and said to himself.
"I'm home."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor


Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.

 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests