Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Selective Service

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

Selective Service

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:21 am

APPARENTLY I never registered for US Selective Service.

Well, just did all that.

Now, I'm gonna be drafted... if it ever gets reinstated.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:43 am

Boo Bush. Who the hell fights a four-front war?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JimBob
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:00 pm

The same president who hasn't pushed the renewal of the Assault Weapons Ban, that's who.

Come the end of Sept. that ban is done and we're gonna have AK-47's legally running in our streets. Sounds like a bad post-apocalyptic movie, but it's the truth.
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:53 am

Selective service has nothing to do with the current administration.

I'd even say it's Bush's mentality to do things half-assed. I mean, seriously. Because of the fact people are BITCHING about what's going on over there, the administration, not just Bush, are like... yeah... um... Withdraw.... um... Withdraw... um.... pullage of troops... um... yeah... let's not offend the American public! They are just hurting themselves.

Had we gone over there full force, not this wimpy campaign (Not saying the action is any less wimpy than any war. Props go to the men and women out there who are defending our freedoms.) that seems to be lasting a long ass time, we would have been done by now. If we wanted the oil, we'd have taken it. But the administration is too afraid of hurting the public opinion. Dude, fuck that. We're in a war. Send the entire fucking military to where they need to be, get the job done, and leave. Seriously.

I honestly wish Bush would stop saying he won't do the draft and instead, use the draft to get enough people over there withing two or three months to get the job done. You realize that if we get a liberal President of any sort next, we'll pull out real quick, and most of our work will be lost. The Iraqi police force has nothing on the terrorists. I'm honestly waiting to get a new conservative president, mainly because with Bush gone, his agenda will move on, and the President, man or woman, will go full force and get the damn job done instead of laying around there with about 25% of the force we COULD use.

But, I should stop bashing the administration. The fact is that Bush is our President. We need to respect him. I don't care who he is. We need to respect him. I get so tired of ANYONE calling ANY President Mr.. Mr. Clinton, Mr. Bush.. Erm, no. PRESIDENT Clinton, PRESIDENT Bush.

Don't tell me we're going to pull out of Iraq because the President is getting scared... seriously... don't want another Somalia. Clinton screwed that one up enough.

Gas prices? PSH. Fucking corporations like Ford and GM want MONEY. There is no MONEY in electric cars, people. It isn't Bush's fault. Sure, they are developing electrics and hybrids, but that's because of the laws put in place. They HAVE to. That's why Japan is so good with hybrids and electrics. There is REAL motivation there. Americans? We just want the money. Keep buying your SUVs and your muscle cars, and keep paying $3.50 a gallon. And by all means, don't stop complaining about prices that are the result of your stupidity from buying a gas vehicle. Man, I went to the beach a few weeks ago, and man, they were intelligent. If they weren't driving an electric golf cart, which I know isn't a solution, but it works for small areas, they were driving a Japanese hybrid or electric. A couple families had that Ford prototype, the Ford Think, but the majority were Japanese Electrics. They only time anyone there paid for fuel was when they were on the way to somewhere way out there. We drove the gas vehicle in, and didn't touch it until we were leaving.

The Assault Weapons Ban? That's for the state investigators. And they won't be legal. Only if you have a license, like most weapons. Secondly, any AK-47s out there right now, will still be illegal. I doubt the Assault Rifle population out there right now will increase much if at all, because they are already out there, and they will stll be illegal after the ban expires. Oh, and the state investigator part... As is right now, investigators in North Carolina must request an Assault Rifle for special cases. It's the same for most states. In the south, as sad as it is, we have people like the KKK and such, who don't give a fuck if the weapon is legal or not. There's people out there who shoot minorities with no hesitation upon seeing them. So, now that the ban is expiring, investigators can legally have assault rifles without applying for them. Nah, they aren't going to carry them around, but most SBI agents will have one in their vehicle now, should they need them. And trust me, I've seen several situations in the mountains of NC where people have been killed waiting for backup because they didn't have the proper firepower to deal with 5 people in a mountian home with an assault rifle, some shotguns, rifles, and hand guns. Now that SBI agents can legally have one without asking, less people out here will die. Well, that's just the situation out here. Anyone who has one now doesn't give a fuck about bans. It'll be the same thing in a few months.

Bah. Oops. I talk to much.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Je Suis INSANE on Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:53 pm

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Wow preach it, brother! I hug in your general direction.

Eric dear, you are my hero.

Je Suis INSANE
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baby_Zero on Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:45 am

Wow Eric.

Wow.
By: applepie

Baby_Zero
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.