Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Servitude, start the life of a new medieval servant!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Servitude, start the life of a new medieval servant!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vervatine on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Servitude to your masters and an impeccable etiquette will make you, lowborn that you are, into either a trusted butler or, should you be militarily inclined, even a knight of you lord's noble house. Who knows, if you are particularly well behaved and disciplined, you may even enter the Church of Maia as a supplicant! You are low born, and so must make your best of your lowly limits, for you shall never be your own master in this medieval world, remember this.

You will start as a young person of barely fourteen years of age, freshly bought as a servant for your new master and with plenty to do before being judged worthy of the price you were purchased. Constant studies, first to learn manners and to read and then to be able to advance your worth just a little bit more will fill your world along with your servile duties. This will be a harsh life, especially if your master is brutal, cruel, depraved or a mix of those disgraceful personal flaws, but you must always persevere... for death awaits to lazy and the useless.

Now, this will be a time management piece as well as a role playing tale, in which all days will be separated in Morning, Day and Evening and each of these times will be allowed to have a different tasks to them, complete with character advancement and the making of both skills and social connections. Will you flourish or will you fail? Only time can tell...

--

Hello there, everyone! I am looking to start a tale full of hardship and adventure with some of you as you craft a young person of fourteen of age and we collectively weave that one strand of life into the others, that they may be other player characters or transient character made by myself and make a great time for us all.

This would have some rough and something mature connotations, however, and thus I ask that you be at least mature enough to handle mature content omitted in this roleplay to make sure that all is well for everyone.

The goal of this rp is to make the best life you can with what you were handed by fate, that it may be as a simple maid or even to become a great follower of Suzanne, the Mother Goddess of the world of Maia. More will be given if the right question is asked or there is enough interest to make a roleplay of it, so I urge you to enjoy yourself and ask away until then!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vervatine
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Servitude, start the life of a new medieval servant!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:29 am

This actually sounds very interesting. My only thing is, how much would you be asking for per post? I can only post from mobile, so my posts aren't always long enough for some people. Plus, I can't enter-return or tag...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Makenna Young
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vervatine on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:20 pm

A good paragraph with some development would be great, the more developed a post the better, of course, but I would be happy with a well written paragraph.

Vervatine
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vervatine on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:39 pm

A Victorian Era version could also be worked out, if any of those passing by would be interested in such.

Vervatine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jozarin on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:01 pm

I wouldn't mind playing a late-renaissance version (like medieval, but with guns).

Jozarin
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!