Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Shadows of The Forgotten

Shadows of The Forgotten

a part of “Shadows of The Forgotten”, a fictional universe by Blackbird26.

Things seem to have calmed in the land of Valcrest. The war, the assassins' inner disputes, the peoples' demands for a solution... But is the land actually calm, or is this just a calm moment before a even bigger storm? (FULL)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shadows of The Forgotten”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Shadows of The Forgotten

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:05 pm

I don't want to say anything to them. Just let them come to us. I had a feeling that it would be a slow start... but in any case we will move on.

-edit-
Hey Blackbird, is your RP buddy still interested? I might try to convince a friend to get into this too, but my friends are the kind of people who make fun or our kind. I'm a closet RPer because of that. :P

I think I'll put a link to this on my signature and then start commenting in random places in the forums too.
“I have wrestled with death. It is the most unexciting contest you can imagine. It takes place in an impalpable greyness, with nothing underfoot, with nothing around, without spectators, without clamour, without glory, without the great desire of victory, without the great fear of defeat, in a sickly atmosphere of tepid scepticism, without much belief in your own right, and still less in that of your adversary.”
― Joseph Conrad

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:18 pm

Yep. It gives me time to finish things anyway.

I just have to remember to bump the RPers Wanted from time to time so that people will find us. We won't be in the Newest Roleplays for much longer. Although I think we'll still be in the "open roleplays" front page.

-edit-

My RP buddy will be joining us. I expect him to put up a character if not today, tomorrow.

*sigh*

Speaking of characters... *goes back to editing hers*
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:39 pm

*Arrives with boxes.* Sorry I'm late. ^.^; Busy busy busy
Moving the stuff from the attic takes time.

Glad to see you're all still alive, and I hope to have the chars up soon. Good work everyone.

Seerow
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:11 pm

I'll have all of my characters tomorrow. I'm busy with homework right now.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Seerow wrote:*Arrives with boxes.* Sorry I'm late. ^.^; Busy busy busy
Moving the stuff from the attic takes time.

Glad to see you're all still alive, and I hope to have the chars up soon. Good work everyone.

That's why I have minions. They frequently come in so handy.

Actually, I have my game table that I bribe with cookies, but it all comes to the same end, right?
Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow

There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:17 pm

Wait you mean your minions listen to you? Mine seem to only understand two words: Party and Dinner.. -.-;
*Sigh* But thems the ropes when you're the king of your own little pretend world.

Cookies, of course! Why didn't I think of that! A bribe... brilliant Trickster brilliant!!

Seerow
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Someone say cookies?

Oh, hey Seerow! You're here! ^_^

Kinda distracted with my sheets, so if anyone has a character ready for approval at any time, give me a shout so I can go look at it. :)

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:39 pm

No more character's to approve, just trying to decide how I want to introduce them into the world. I want to strike the right tone, you know? And it's either this, or sit around eating all the left over cookies.

Yum . . . . cookies.

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:47 pm

I've got tons of homework this week so I really have no time to really dedicate myself. I'll put Lamya up, but that's it. I presume it will be up in a couple of minutes time.

Just so you know the miseries that I face, I have a lab due tomorrow, an essay on a very complicated topic due on Thursday and then on Friday, a big test. I don't know how my teachers expect me to hand in quality work with such deadlines!

Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles... wait, did someone else say cookies before me? Darn it!
Last edited by Mr_Doomed on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Lamya is accepted. I'm keeping the other guy on ice until you finish editing his sheet, but there's no rush there. :)

Hum... I had work to do today, but I kind of didn't...

I might not be very active in here tomorrow. Heh.

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Well, we just lost our place on the newest roleplay tab. Should we employ more devious means of getting recruits?

-puts out a plate of fresh baked cookies-

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:00 pm

*eats all the cookies*

Uh... I think we need more. :/

I was checking the site front page to see if we we're still on there (we are)... And I saw Shadows of The Past as number 6 on the Longest Roleplays list. How cool is that? ^_^

Well, we're still on the site front page, and on the first page of the active roleplays list. And there the epic rpers wanted thread of awesomeness (wtf was I thinking with this title?)

We just have to be patient. =_=

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Hmm. We'll just have to see if we can beat that with the next game.

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Er, DMs? *Waves arms.* I think I may have found something that's turning people away. You're character sheets are in a particular OOC thread. Which is fine and I see no problem with it... save for the fact you didn't mention that in the intro anywhere. <.<
You do mention to check the OOC, but you fail to mention that's where the application sheets are hanging.
This may turn folks away whom are not super heavy into clicking possibly through four OOC threads to try and find them. Granted they're not hidden, but I know if it was me, I would assume you either:
A. Want to use the standard sheets or
B. Are not ready just yet.
Last edited by Seerow on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seerow
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:42 pm

Hum... I see...

Would you say a link would fix that problem?

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seerow on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:48 pm

A link, a sentence or two.
It may or may not help. <.<
If folks are impulsive like I was, they made the char first then read the history.

Seerow
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Okies, I added links to the intro page, as well as the first post of this thread.

That should do it, I guess.

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Let's wait and see, shall we? Either that or we have to take . . . drastic measures.

-grin-

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:36 pm

To be honest, we do have more than enough characters to go, but... It'd be nice to have new people nonetheless. ^_^

Let's see how it goes. :)

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:44 pm

I agree, we could really go if we so please, but it's always fun to play with new faces. You learn more that way. I still have a ton of character I want to make myself, but they can be made as they are introduced if need be. I'm just so swamped right now.
I'm trying to reread the entire novella that my essay is about to get good quotes from it, but I'm a slow reader so it will take me a while to do that. Then there's the writing that will take up my day. I've also learnt that I will be spending my weekend doing play stuff. Then next week, I'll be starting a new essay... It's hell I tell you! In it's purest form.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!