Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Shadows of The Forgotten

Shadows of The Forgotten

a part of “Shadows of The Forgotten”, a fictional universe by Blackbird26.

Things seem to have calmed in the land of Valcrest. The war, the assassins' inner disputes, the peoples' demands for a solution... But is the land actually calm, or is this just a calm moment before a even bigger storm? (FULL)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shadows of The Forgotten”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Shadows of The Forgotten

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:04 pm

So . . . . random question of the night.

If you were the bad guy in a horror movie, what would you use to massacre your victims with?

Just curious.
Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow

There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:16 pm

A spoon.

Oh, wait, that's been done. :P

I dunno... Maybe a nail gun. I always liked playing with those. Not much of a horror movie weapon, but... *shrugs*
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:26 pm

I.....don't know......so hard to be original.....

Can I just have claws.... http://www.ioffer.com/i/10-carbon-steel ... -500947068
So save your breath, I will not care
I think I made it very clear
You couldn't hate enough to love
Is that supposed to be enough?

I only wish you weren't my friend
Then I could hurt you in the end
I never claimed to be a saint
Ooh, my own was banished long ago
It took the death of hope to let you go

http://youtu.be/fJXEerT4TCk

Essence
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Pretty . . . I always wanted a variation of a hand held flame thrower that shot flames from the tips of my fingers. So I could point at someone and watch them go up.

Um, wait, I mean, I always thought it would be cool . . . I mean . . . I read about this guy once.

Yeah.

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:47 pm

LMAO. Tricks...sounds awesome...can we make peeps heads explode too?! *jumps around like a puppy* can we?!

Essence
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Don't worry Blackbird, it's not about the weapon so much as the way you use it. I'm sure you could be properly terrifying waving that gun around.

And yeah Ess, we could make heads go splody. Maybe with explosive bullets or something?

-edit-

Or a laser!!! We could so use a laser to terrorize the general public!

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:12 pm

*cheers* splody splody splody....with FREAKIN lasers....

ROAD TRIP

Essence
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:13 pm

I'd want something that would cut odd shapes into them. Not a traditional slashing. I'd make it into an art form.
“I have wrestled with death. It is the most unexciting contest you can imagine. It takes place in an impalpable greyness, with nothing underfoot, with nothing around, without spectators, without clamour, without glory, without the great desire of victory, without the great fear of defeat, in a sickly atmosphere of tepid scepticism, without much belief in your own right, and still less in that of your adversary.”
― Joseph Conrad

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Aw, thanks Tricks. :)

lol what is with people and lasers? >.>

I want in on that too, though.

Doomed: Odd shapes? Like cookie cutters?

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:18 pm

LMAO! The cookie cutter killer. I could see that.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:19 pm

"It puts the lotion on the skin..."

>.>

<.<

Don't look at me like that! You've all done it!

http://youtu.be/4Ney-sVf5Y0

Essence
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:32 pm

You know, I never really was a fan of Dane Cook. I mean, yeah, he's funny, but he isn't comedian funny. He makes the same sorts of observations as me and my friends do where the punchline is very one dimensional. Stand Up isn't about a one-liner. It is building up a group of jokes that relate to each other. You continue to build up those jokes until you get to the real punchline. This real punchline is where you pretty much sum up everything you say into one simple word or sentence. It is a culmination of funny.

For example. I watched a thing on Netflix of a stand up show that Will Smith did. It made a lot of jokes about the way women act in when arguing with their man. He would make jokes that related to common things that women would say such as "You don't own me" and other things like that. Eventually, after an hour of setting this joke up, he turns it around and uses these phrases that you'd typically hear women say and apply it to a man in a reverse roles type of joke. He recites every single line that he had collected from the hour of building up the joke and it got huge laughs. That is what comedy is to me. If it is a one-liner, that is fine every once in a while, but it needs to be going somewhere bigger than just the one-liner or it really isn't as funny as you make it out to be.

Also why I'm not a fan of Will Ferrell (I can't be bothered to see if I spelt his name right).

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 pm

Huh... I like Dane Cook because he makes the same sorts of observations as me and my friends.

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:41 pm

-giggles-

I love hanging with a group of psycho's like this. I feel right at home. We should definitely road trip, and then we could get Doomed some special cookie cutters for his crazy time and we can all hang out!

Doomed, have you ever seen Jeff Dunham? He does a ventriloquism act that's pretty good; I like him even when he's being himself.

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:56 pm

lol I like Jeff Dunham too...but dolls scare me...O.o

and Doom I don't like Will Ferrell either. He makes me want to burn things...

Essence
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:57 pm

I don't want to give this guy some cash flow or media attention for something that my friends can point out for me. Have you ever heard of 'Tales of Mere Existence'? This guy named Lev makes little youtube videos anywhere from 2-5 minutes long and he makes those observations about little things, but he takes it to a place that my friends could never take it and he builds up the punchline. Dane just tells it as it is and puts no real depth into it.

Here, here and here are examples of simple little observations that aren't all that funny, but are given a buildup to a punchline. It is a little deadpan, but give it a shot. They aren't that long and I find them funny, so they must be funny (because I know what funny is and anyone who doubts me will be smittened).
They aren't the funniest things in the world, but it is the basics of what I think comedy in the Stand Up form should be.

Jeff Dunham is great!

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Doomed: I'm just a simple person, I guess.

I divide these things into "lol, funny" and "meh, boring" much like I divide music into "Oooh, love it", "eh, don't really care" and "omg, someone kill this person".

I'll look at those videos first thing tomorrow when I'm awake though. Won't pass on anything lolzy, although I'll only believe it when I see it. :P

I'm going to finish on the reply I'm working on and then go to sleep.

Night guys.

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:06 pm

*looks at Doom...*

>.>

<.<

*shrugs* agree to disagree, no sweat.

Essence
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:28 pm

I can handle that Ess. I guess I'm more of a person who when listening to a Stand Up likes to hear something about ourselves that I haven't thought of before and the thing I talked to my friends about when I was twelve. It probably went along the lines of, "And I was like 'FUCK THIS GAME', but my grandmother still wanted to play. I know she hated it, so I don't really get it. I mean who really likes Monopoly?" Then my friends would laugh, but I would take it one step further than Dan would. I would be like "Then the next day, she tries to brag about how she won the game, but no one gives a shit! Seriously." Then my friends would laugh again. It is one shot humour and completely unoriginal as everyone on the planet has talked about the same thing at one point in their life.
It bothers me that I could be a Stand Up by Dan Cook standards when I was twelve.

I can completely understand why people wouldn't find those Youtube videos I put up funny though. They are a bland, but like I said, it is the basic principle of how one should build a joke up.

-edit-
To say none of his jokes are funny would be a lie however. The one he has about the sneezing guy who turns out to be an atheist is a perfect example of what I enjoy in a joke. The punchline at the end is where it really becomes funny.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:02 am

I get it Doom and I totally respect your view on it. :>) And honestly when you say you like the Atheist sneeze, is actually one of my favorites. And I understand the principle of building up a joke. I also am a huge fan of Denis Leary, needless to say.

I personally think of something that reminds me of something else, the reason I posted those bits I did today. I like connecting thoughts, ideas to music, jokes....one liners etc. It's something my friends and I do on a daily basis. Original or not. But it's fun.

Every turn off the sound of a boring or over done movie and make your own voice overs? ...I like that...

Essence
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!