Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Shattered Soul

Shattered Soul

a part of “Shattered Soul”, a fictional universe by Nero D Lucifer.

Just because you died once doesn't mean that it's the end. Your reborn for one purpose help remove a curse from this dying land.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shattered Soul”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Shattered Soul

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:13 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Shattered Soul"

This RP is actually a rebirth of a dead RP Broken Souls. So come on in and help me expand this universe.
"Shatter the bonds the keep you from truly achieving greatness and grow to become the person you dreamed you'd be."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Shattered Soul

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby baker.tx.94 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:25 pm

Can I reserve the Priest role?
Is the songs thing for the CS or for the reserve?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

baker.tx.94
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:38 pm

The songs thing is just for reservation but if you want to use any for the CS that's alright.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby baker.tx.94 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Ok to reserve the priest:

Furr by Blittzen Trapper
Holocene by Bon Iver
A Comet Appears by the Shins

baker.tx.94
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:10 pm

There are two more pieces of the reservation left. 1) a brief synopsis but you can PM that to me. And 2) I really need your face claim. Both of these and your reservation is complete.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhiteFeatheredSin on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:25 pm

I'd like to claim Merc.
My three songs are...
Spice by Lemon and Kuraiinu.
His Theme by Cami - Cat.
神のまにまに from snkforever's video.

Mercenary
A toddler in times of the Blood War, his eyes were stained by murder and fire from a young age. His small, nomadic village in ruins from being entrapped between warring human and elven towns, the boy grew up in the wilderness on his own merit and tenacity. He knows nothing of common life nor did he ever know about the Ten Year Blood War or what had happened to his home. His instincts are keen and he will never doubt them. Those very instincts has lead him into joining the group.

Name - Hans Eisenmann Kuhn
Age - Twenty Seven
Gender - Male
Race - Beastman
Personality Traits - Loyal, outcast, and tenacious.
Face claim - Viral from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Last edited by WhiteFeatheredSin on Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

WhiteFeatheredSin
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:44 pm

Hello,

I'd like to reserve the Magician/wizard please :)

Faceclaim I thinking Yamuraiha from 'Magi'

Songs: (eek I know this is weird but I truly have little notion of music !)

Hello - Adele
I will wait - Mumford & Sons
Sail - Awolnation

Pm to arrive shortly on synopsis - EDIT SYNOPSIS BELOW

Name: Undecided
Race: Elf
Personality Traits: Semi in progress - my characters devlop as I write them up but I have an idea but liable to influence when I write them up lol

Kind - Broken - Stubborn, Intelligent and Studious.

Face claim: Yamuraiha From Magi

Lolkatlove
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:35 pm

I guess I'll take the Cleric then. XD

And the three songs....
In the Name of the Emblem/Fire Emblem Theme || Fire Emblem Series
Danzai No Hana || Claymore
Power Rangers Theme || Power Rangers We all have that child in us. :P

Anyway, the character!

Name: Yes.... Unknown
Race: Human
Personality Traits: To be determined....
FC: Agnes Oblige || Bravely Default Series
"Life...Dreams...Hope...Where do they come from? And where do they go? None of that junk is enough to fulfill your hearts! Destruction...Destruction is what makes life worth living! Destroy! Destroy! Destroy! Let's destroy everything!"
— Kefka Palazzo

Mineczka
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:11 am

Well, as per usual I'm late to the game - likely since I've sort of been out of the game for a while...(pay no mind, I've been moving but now I'm not...)

But this did catch my eye - that being said I have some questions. The first of them being:

1) Are the four roles you have on your intro page the only available roles...I'm sorry if this is completely obvious but when I was reading through your introduction this wasn't entirely clear to me. (This of course influences whether I can join in the fun or not...)

2) Also, you have a very interesting concept here and it's in a setting I adore but I'm uncertain as to what the main conflict in the story is as well as what kind of activities the characters will be engaging in. I assume battle (obviously) - but beyond that I'm uncertain as to what kind of character I should make if I can indeed make one since I'm uncertain as to what our general goal is...beyond helping the Child of the Black Knight (if our characters would be so inclined of course) do whatever it is he has to do...you don't need to give anything away, but perhaps some guidance?

Lastly, though I'm not currently reserving anything since I don't know if I can I will add this:
Lucky - AURORA
Circles - The Eden Project
A Fire Inside (Said the Sky Remix) - Gemini
(You would never believe how difficult it was to narrow it down to only 3 songs. I about tore my hair out trying....>.<)
"If it's the thought that counts, I should probably be in jail."

ImageImage

\( >3< )/

Cheru-Chu
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:07 am

For your first question no those are not the only available roles those are just the roles I had and was able to come up with at the time I can always make more roles that's no problem as long as there's interest.

Now on to the second question I apologize if it's somewhat vague but a lot of that is stepping foot into what I intend to do. But you read The Beginning of the End portion of the introduction. The corruption stems from the curse brought with the seed so that should be one of the main driving points for the narrative the threat of it looming over every body. The second part that should drive the narrative should be the group as a whole not just my character how will each character grow how will they do thing and interact with each other? Again I apologize for the vague answer but I have to keep some secrets until it's the right time to reveal them.

Now as for the activities our characters will be engaging in yes battling is a big part of it. But that's just one piece others activities will be something like the group could stumble upon a murder and wind up trying to solve the mystery of said murder. They could also end up being the voice of reason for a diplomatic cease fire. Those are just a few possibilities that I'll leave up to every one to decide on.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:54 am

Hello,

im just getting my character together and had a couple of questions.

So, correct me if I have misunderstood anything, but the characters we are creating are the re-born version of people who agreed a deal with a god to be re-born after death.

Do you want us to add a BIO on their past lives which obviously they don't remember? and if so how many years would it have been until they were reborn ?

Second question:

In the lore of this universe is there a limit of the type of magic that can be used by wizards or is it anything goes? (depending on individual ability) as this may affect my characters powers :)

Lolkatlove
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:36 am

A solid question you can look at it that way. And honestly I would prefer no BIO about what the character was before rebirth. Honestly that opening paragraph was meant for transitioning the reader into getting a body in this universe/world.

And as for magic no one is limited to what magic they can learn. Just how much they can control you can learn any form of magic but until you grow you'll only be able to use spells that fit your current skill level. But your strongest will be the element you have the strongest link to. Some just starting an adventure will be able to control basic and some adept spells and as we get further well you know the drill.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:50 am

Coolio :)

I was thinking of making her adept with earth magic, i.e plants etc semi okay with water but really struggles with fire and wind.

Third question !

When we start, do all of our characters already know each other or is it a fresh start off and the group meet somehwere?

Lolkatlove
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:58 pm

Alrighty then! Thanks for getting back to me!

I have one more question as it pertains to faceclaims:

1) The beastmen, how beastly are they? Are they human in form but more feral in behavior thus the name beastmen, or do they also adopt animal physiques as well such as ears/tails/paws/etc. (anthro-like) initially I thought it was more the latter because of the picture on your introduction page but... maybe not? I found a faceclaim I'd like to use but I'm not sure if you'd think it is appropriate.

For now I'll provide it along with my character introduction and you can yay or nay it.

Cartographer/Scout

ImageName | Verdandi Saga Yngvi
Age | 20-22
Race | Beastman (err...Beast-woman)
Gender | Female
Personality Traits | To be determined...Brainstorming thus far produced the following:
Curious | Cowardly | Sly | Sharp | Impish | Stubborn | Hard-Working

FaceClaim | Velouria - Fire Emblem
Synopsis |
War produces many ill effects, orphaned children is among the most apparent, but perhaps because of its commonality, this pitiable condition produced little empathy in the people that surrounded this orphaned beastchild. Too young to remember the family she lost nor how she lost them, her first memories were of brandings, burning fields, and forced labor as a human's slave. Despite this, she never grew to resent the species that enslaved her nor did she grieve her lot in life; she never knew to as she never knew anything else. All throughout her younger years she worked dangerous fields, planting and replanting crops that never reached adulthood before fire fell upon them at the hands of enemies who cared little for the livelihood of plants or enslaved workers. Is it any wonder she grew to fear the threat of death or the light of fire? But the fields did more than instill fear. They instilled wonder for the land and her instincts drove her to wander however much she could. Moreover, the fields - the lifeblood of any community - drew rumors, news, lessons, languages, and surprising political education within earshot. Verdandi, with her heightened hearing and careful creeping, became capable as a multi-lingual spy in her own employment. Years after the Blood War came to an end some slaves were released - though running away and not being pursued barely qualifies - and Verdandi was among them. Now she spends her time creating maps, acting as a guide to travelers, and scouting out eroding areas she and others best avoid.

Cheru-Chu
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:29 pm

As far a beastmen are concerned it can range those who prefer the wilds over civilization will look and act more feral then others. Those who took to civilization will have more human features with heightened senses anything in between will have a mix of both all still rely on the animal instinct to some degree but pull on those instinct too much and they will revert into an ordinary animal.

And Lolkatlove I it should be like a fresh start every one meets up but if you's like some of the character could know each other depending but you'll have to talk it out among yourselves for that.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:41 am

Thanks!

That's an interesting concept - I probably wouldn't have even considered that myself. I'll be sure to keep that in mind as I finish writing up my character. I rather like how she's coming along. I generally update my character as I finish a section of the sheet or whenever I make edits so it can be hard to tell when I'm actually done, therefore I'll let you know when I've completely finished. If you should see anything that requires editing or a complete makeover please let me know -

Until next time!

Cheru-Chu
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Hello !

It took me some time but finally finished my character !

Lolkatlove
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:20 am

And~ drum roll please!

*drumroll*

I've finished my character. Unless, that is, you want me to change something. Hope you like her. I certainly enjoyed writing her up!

Cheers!

Cheru-Chu
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheru-Chu on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:07 am

So~

I don't mean to be a pest, but when were you planning on beginning the roleplay? I realize we are still waiting on someone to finish and submit his/her character, but (speaking from experience) if you wait too long people might grow impatient or bored.

On that note, how were you thinking of beginning the story? Perhaps I can go ahead and write up a first post while I wait. ^^

Thanks,
~Cheru

Cheru-Chu
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nero D Lucifer on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:41 am

I'm working on the first post right now I may have to remove White unless he get's on and finishes his character an his reservation. But the RP will start very soon.

Edit: Never mind I found out that White seems to have a history of inactivity.

Nero D Lucifer
Member for 8 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!