Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Shifter Idea

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Shifter Idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:19 am

Okay so its been bugging me for a while. I know there are a few ones I've seen already made. But they have either too many people already in them, or too similar characters, or just not good enough in some cases as in not logically thought out. So in that case, I thought about starting my own thread about shifters.

In a nut shell, it would be about a group of friends who have had the ability to shift into animals (I'm not giving out all the info right now). Before they get ready to separate for college they go on one more adventure together, but they never make it back. A freak accident happens and lands them all in a coma. In this coma they end up in another world that through their shifting ability have been corrupting. They have to find a way to uncorrupt the world along with deciding whether or not to give up the abilities they grew up with, or to die in the real world so they can stay in this other world with their ability to shift in tact.

So what do ya'll think?
May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
-Irish blessing

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Shifter Idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Okay so here is the premise; its not the whole intro, but I'm hoping this might get some response, anything at this point.

One group of friends grew up together their whole lives. They went to elementary school together, middle and high school. While college threatened to spilt them up; they decided to take one last trip together. They headed to the mountains to camp out for a week during the summer. After spending an extra day the group headed back – and never made it.

Sometime during the trip back, the vehicle the group of college bound students crashed either by fault of the driver or another vehicle. All of the teens were placed in the same hospital, all in ICU on life support in a coma. The only reason any of them survived was due to the secret they all shared; the bond that held them together all these years. They were shifters.

During one of the trips up the mountain in their childhood at the same camping ground they spent their last trip before college; the children stumbled onto the rituals that gave them their powers.

Doing as children as do they explored and came across an old cave that held old relief drawings. The young kids were fascinated and on a dare try to enact what was on the drawing. The collected items that were as close looking to the ones they saw on the drawing. During the search they found a partially destroyed second depiction; they added what they seen on the second to the first one.

When they combined the two drawings together it combined the two forms of magic. The first drawing was a traditional Native American ritual for finding one’s spirit animal. By adding parts of the second ritual the magic changed. Instead of just finding their spirit animal they became them; they gained access to change into their spirit animals at will.

That was their past not their futures. As they all lay in the hospital, the group gathered in the realm of their spirit animals. The world they found themselves in was full of danger, mystery and magic. To wake up from their comas they must learn to accept, embrace, become their spirit animal and defeat the curse that hangs over the realm to escape back to their own reality.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:33 pm

I'm intrigued. So is this gonna be a mature themed rp, drugs, violence, all the rest?

About the coma world, since this is the realm of their spirit animals do they have any real control over it? And if so to what extent?
'Any idiot can handle a crisis - it's this day-to-day living that wears you out.' - Anton Chekhov

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm still pretty new to the site so I don't know how to classify things unless you mean just by tagging. Violence, yes. I don't see the drugs part unless you can find some in the other world. And on that subject are you referring to control over the world itself? Or just over their shifting abilities? If the fore then no, but the latter yes. I didn't put anything up about the world on here as I was saying it for the actual thread.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:56 pm

I was thinking about putting everything together and getting it up tonight if anyone was still interested. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. It helps me develop the idea more so its all good.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:47 pm

so this coma world... are all the kids in the same world?
since people will join at their own pace, how do plan to keep in the same world? ie. do the children start at different places in the world.
(i'm going to get kinda bossy after this point.)
before starting i would advise that you create a bunch of places for each animal. this would create a nice variety and keeps the children away from each other for a while. this will allow the people who join later to easily get in the mix of things without destroying and colliding with the info in previous posts.
also create warring factions. ie. lions hate tigers, zebras hate crocodile, something like that. this will allow for conflict between main characters.
also i'll make the person who placed the curse a sabertooth, because then the felines will respect him and protect him even after he is revealed as the villian. again there will conflict between friends. conflict allows for great character developement. how can two friends remain friends when they are on the opposite sides?
ofcourse these are all my advice. if and when you do create the roleplay ill join.
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:57 am

Yes, all the kids are in the same world. As I said, I didn't post everything up here, like the world, objective, rules, etc.

I imagined depending on what their spirit animal was, depended on where they started out. Although no one starts out in the city. On that note and your next point, keeping them away from each other for very long is going to be difficult. Like my character would start out on the furthest side from the city, in the mountains with all the snow. Another may start in desert, but they would have to find each other.

And so yes that would make it easier for others who join late to ease into the rp. I agree. The only problem I see with warring factions if that these kids are all friends and all have different animals. Despite having opposite animals they remained friends. Inside the world are other shifters who have long since died. Now there is where the conflict comes in. Because yes, we need people to play them as well.

There is going to be conflict between the characters, were personality comes out and what they should do, etc. I want to try for the characters to drive most of the rp, if possible.

As for a saber-tooth (as I did not post the rules: I don't want exotic animals), you would have to play an Indian who had died thousands of years prior so that he/she would have that spirit animal. Otherwise, if its a main person than I'd have to say no. But if they were already in the world than that's different. And yes, in that case he/she could be a villain because they had been corrupted by what the teens did when they were younger. But of course, eventually change would have to occur.

The group will have to find a way to get out of the world (if they so choose) and remain friends. Its simple really, at least in my mind. They remained friends all their lives despite being different animals. The conflict that comes from being in the other world is going to create a strain, but they should be able to fix most of their problems before the end.

And on that note, I do need people to play shifter characters, Indians from any tribe, that have already been in the world. Does not matter how long. This gives a bit more wiggle room when it comes to which animals you can have. I don't want doubles as much as possible. Mine two, once I get the second one made, will be a double only because they are twins. So you can play a villain who may not really be evil but the corruption on the world has made that person so... Hope this helps some.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:49 am

i want to play a villian. maybe not the main one, but one none the less. heroes bore me. anyways the sabertooth was merely a metaphor to help me explain. the animal can be anything.
about the children.
let me try and explain:
lets say X has 5 'friends', A,B,C,D and E
X = gharial(type of alligator)
A = alligator
B = zebra
C = <forgot the name>(its a bird that cleans the alligator's mouth by picking out food stuck between the alligator's mouth)
D = Lion
E = crocodile.

they are all friends but in truth X and A are best friends, X usually bullies B, X would love to bully C but C is A's good friend so he doesn't. X and D are just acquintances. X hates E because E bullies him, but cannot do anything about that because E is much stronger.

something like this^^ what i'm saying is that depending on the animal they were the type of bond between the friends increase. so friendship becomes very good friendship(love?), despising becomes becomes extreme aggression and hatred.
i hope you get what i'm saying, i'm not really good at explaining things.

TheFinalOne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Yes, yes. I understand. The hierarchy among normal friends is the same. The other world gives rise to problems that had been previously ignoring, but they are still going to have to work together to get out... or not. I'm still working out issues, but that will probably be a long term thing. I hope to have this up tonight as my second character isn't as important as my main one -- I just realized this morning I had to have the second in the other world. Eek for me. Oh well.

Also about the saber-tooth that was mainly just to put it out there for general knowledge.

And going back to your point about the spirit animals affecting the friendships, I hope that anyone who decides to join will research their animal at least some. Its normal environment will affect starting places and of course the friends and relationships with others. So as characters are added, you can go back and edit to fit in with the new animals that have been added.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:16 pm

" I hope to have this up tonight as my second character isn't as important as my main one"
can u explain this main and second character u talk about?
also plz pm me when the rp is up as i may not be online at that time.

TheFinalOne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Yes, yes of course.

I mentioned before had that my character is a twin and thus they both had the same spirit animal. My main character is one of the twins and the other is the second twin. Second twin not as important in the beginning due to how I've made them. Hard to explain without having the bios up.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:54 pm

Its up for anyone else who was interested but not speaking. Its called Metamorphoses.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:08 am

Hey there, AvengerSpirit! Have you created this roleplay already? In that case, this thread no longer belongs in the Interest Check section of the website (as this is a place for RP ideas without an existing roleplay) and instead belongs in Roleplayers Wanted, the place for GMs to post open calls for specific characters for their RPs that have already been made.

If it's been made already, then you have two options. I can trash this thread for you and you can make a fresh, new one in the Roleplayers Wanted section - or, I can simply move this thread in its entirety to the Roleplayers Wanted section.

Let me know!

-VV

ViceVersus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:50 am

Moving it would be perfect, thank you. I just put it up yesterday and wasn't sure what to do with this thread. So thank you for the help.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:10 am

Done! Best of luck finding players!

ViceVersus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:29 am

Okay people... We only need a few more people mainly males. But we are always open for people already in the other world. Here's the link to the actual thing:

roleplay/metamorphoses/

AvengerSpirit
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:56 am

We have officially started, but we still need male shifters for the friends. And of course more people in the other world.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Come on, we only need two more males to fill out the friends spots. And of course if you want to play a female or a not so main role the other world characters are always open.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:18 am

Its never too late to join. Two male spots left. Either gender for the Indians who are already in the other world. Please if there are any questions feel free to ask them.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!