Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Short Term 12

Short Term 12

a part of “Short Term 12”, a fictional universe by supertoastgirl.

A story that follows the lives of the kids, companions, and advisors at a group home.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Short Term 12”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Short Term 12

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:30 am

Look into my eyes so you know what it’s like to live a life not knowing what a normal life’s like.
The contents of this role-play are based off of the movie Short Term 12.

The kids lash out; physical fights and verbal turmoil erupt daily. Emotional break downs, panicked fits, and nightmares occur often. The food is decent and the housing is just alright. This is a place of many rules, but no parents. This is a place where misfits, the forgotten, and the torn apart live. This is the short term housing for foster care kids.

Short Term 12 is part of a collection of temporary homes that houses children when they are being transferred from one home to the next. Though the process is supposed to take from two to six weeks, some have lived in Short Term 12 for over three years. It's not a luxury, and it's normal life, but to most it's a home and it's a family. Short Term 12 is the home that longer term kids end up, either for emotional reasons or for behavioral issues.

There are no parents, just a set of young adults who are called "companions". They are there to provide a safe, loving environment but nothing more. They are not to interpret tears, be a therapist, or a parent. They are supposed to be solid providers who create a fun an safe environment, and nothing much more.

But how are these young adults supposed to remain completely unemotionally attached when they do everything for this kids. They feed them, care for them, help them with their homework, play with them, and overall just love them like no else in their life. It's a hard balancing act for the companions, and it's even harder for the kids.
Last edited by supertoastgirl on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

supertoastgirl
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Short Term 12

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moahi on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:29 am

Ooh can I reserve girl two?

Photoshop edit no. one. Thanks so much Xera!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

moahi
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:38 am

Yes you may. Please just have a complete sheet in 48 hours from your reservation, otherwise she'll go back up for grabs.

supertoastgirl
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:50 am

Hello! I've seen your name around the boards before. I used to be a lot more active but took a hiatus for a few months due to school and such and am a bit rusty but am looking to join your board. I would be interested in a male companion, as well as a female one if the reservation doesn't fall through? I promise to have a submission within the next 48 hours.

leisurelyatwar
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:02 am

Hiya! Sounds great! Also, I was going to suggest for those making companions to double up with a character of the opposite gender that is a kid. So that sounds all great, I look forward to seeing your character.

supertoastgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OtherThanMe on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:40 am

Hello! I would like to ask if I may reserve Companion Four and Boy Three! I'll have my character sheets up in 48 hours! No problem. :)
Wouldn't you like to know?

OtherThanMe
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:48 am

Yup, yup. They're reserved for ya!

supertoastgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:01 am

Sweet, thank yah! And just to clarify I was hoping to snag female # 1 from the kids. I'm plotting already, can't wait to type it all up!

leisurelyatwar
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkinChic on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Reserve Boy #2 for me, please~.

SkinChic
Member for 9 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Great! I look forward to reading what you've come up with!

And SkinChic (which is kind of a username that freaks me, haha.) he's reserved for you.

supertoastgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:11 am

Mallory Karr and Audrey Mackenzie have been accepted!!

supertoastgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:27 am

Jamie Botwin has been accepted!

supertoastgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boultinator93 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:36 pm

Can I take girl 3 please and also by incarceration, do you mean she was arrested and then forced to go to short term 12

boultinator93
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Generally it in this case it would mean that both the parents were imprisoned but I think you could do some kind of punishment is living at short term 12..

supertoastgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyberGlowfly on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:03 pm

Hello! May I take up the Companion 1 position?

I will be using Jamie Dornan.

I will also possibly take girl 2 but that is for another time.

Look forward to role-playing with you.
ImageImage

CyberGlowfly
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:52 pm

(psst, I already have dibs on companion 1 ;) )

leisurelyatwar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyberGlowfly on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Hello! I've seen your name around the boards before. I used to be a lot more active but took a hiatus for a few months due to school and such and am a bit rusty but am looking to join your board. I would be interested in a male companion, as well as a female one if the reservation doesn't fall through? I promise to have a submission within the next 48 hours.

In no way does it say you wanted companion 1. You said that you would be interested in a male companion and that does not mean the 1st one. Also, it was not reserved on the front page.

If so, I feel gyped because I have already thought up a great backstory that would lead to an awesome story for companion 1. Also, supertoastgirl advertised this in a role play we are in together, so I do not know how that would work either.

CyberGlowfly
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:56 pm

I'm sorry, you're right. I didn't mean to offend you, it's just that I already turned in my completed profile earlier today for that position and I've been pming stg about the roleplay. But she has every opportunity to turn down my character. I can just completely throw away my character because you seem to be very passionate about it, I wouldn't want you feeling gypped.

leisurelyatwar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyberGlowfly on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:43 pm

The only reason I really want him is because of the record keeping.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I was planning for my character to have no memory of his life before Short Term. Hence, he keeps the records because he doesn't want to lose his memory again.

Now, I don't want you to completely throw you character away, as that would be a waste of good writing. Maybe, you could possibly switch to companion three? (Which is also male.)

CyberGlowfly
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:53 am

Aw, sorry guys, I don't generally put up who's reserved what. That's my bad!

Though I don't want to scrap RPGRosa's character completely, I think that your idea, Cyber, is brilliant. Unfortunately, I read RPGRosa's character earlier today on my phone and just hadn't accepted yet. If you two wish to continue discussing which companion to take, feel free. But for now RGPRosa's character has been accepted as the male companion 1.

Sorry, CyberGlowfly, this was all my fault!

supertoastgirl
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!