Silverose

Silverose

a part of “Silverose”, a fictional universe by Chari.

After the most famous heroes in existence go missing, evil rears its ugly head yet again. Can they be stopped without the great powers of "Galactic Aeon" Ash "Silver" Gibbs?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Silverose”.
Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Re: [OOC] Silverose

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Porecomesis on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Ah, good on you. I was wondering when the next post would arrive.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Porecomesis
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Porecomesis on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Hey guys. It's come to my attention that Humans First seems to be an evil organisation by virtue of the need for an evil organisation. Yes, I had no better way of starting this.

I just wanted to say, a villain whose only motivation is total commitment to being evil is not good storytelling. It leaves plotholes the size of the Grand Canyon, like how on Earth they're incredibly well-equipped and well-funded despite the quite glaring problem that Humans First is quite notorious for just being evil. This is why Ramirez is a much more appealing antagonist than Galcian, or anyone in the Valuan Armada in Skies of Arcadia. For a better, more well known example, let's mention the Umbrella Corporation from the Resident Evil series.

For a more accurate example, do you guys remember what Plankton was like in the Spongebob movie? How he tried to take over the minds of everyone in Bikini Bottom once he managed to get a bucket helmet on most of them? From my understanding, all he wanted was the Krabby Patty secret formula just get a reliable income (which brings up the question as to how he had a computer with a self-aware A.I if he hasn't got any income) and now he's expanding his horizons to becoming a tyrant and enslaving an entire town. No, I cannot see how this will bite him in the posterior later.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Porecomesis
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Hey I get this, but I think that's what Gabriel (Other one not yours) is there for. Our characters are already dead set against HF from the get go, so it's kinda hard to tell a two sided story. I do understand your viewpoint though.

although, do bear in mind, while it isn't good storytelling, it gives less chance to bog down the RP and can give the characters more chance to interact if they are all on one side. Using video game examples, take Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, or Tales of Symphonia. Heck take Star Wars if you are so inclined. While it may not be the best storytelling in the world, it allows for a much more streamlined plot.

Lightning Flash
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Porecomesis on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Now that you say it, I feel I've done something wrong by not having more characters on the opposing side.

A good example of a villain would be Charles Muntz from Up. I know he's not part of an evil corporation, but he's probably my favourite antagonist of all time. He's a character I sympathise for because he is tragic, but at the same time his actions very greatly qualify him as a villain. I like my villains to cause an internal struggle and make my readers think 'Poor guy, but I can't allow him to continue'.

About Organisation XIII, they puzzle me. Let me do a quick rundown because Kingdom Hearts is becoming so needlessly complicated that I need a refresher. They get Roxas and get him to kill Heartless to fill their Kingdom Hearts. When that fails, they try to manipulate Sora (somehow) into killing Heartless for the same reason.

Did it ever occur to a single one of the XIII pricks to just ask Sora? It's not like they're doing anything wrong! They're going out of their way to be pricks! If Organisation XIII appeared and wiped out invading Heartless in my area, they would be heralded as heroes. They could just say to Sora "Hi Sora. Are you the legendary holder of the Keyblade? We need your help... we don't have hearts. But we can get them back! All we need is for someone to slay as many Heartless as possible with the Keyblade. You're the only person we know with a Keyblade. Will you please help us?" And of course Sora would say yes! He'd be killing two birds with one stone; less Heartless and people getting their hearts back. And they wouldn't have lost Roxas in the first place if they were more polite.

Porecomesis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Porecomesis on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:00 am

Who are we waiting on?

Porecomesis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:35 am

Light. He said he would post soon, but if he doesn't by tomorrow, we will just go on.
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Chari
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Yeah, sorry about that. I'll get on it. I apologize for my long long long long long long and a lot of ctl+v's later I will be done. I will get right on it.

Lightning Flash
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:31 am

Ugh... Sorry I hadn't posted in so long! But I posted now!

Again sorry for holding everybody up for so long.

Lightning Flash
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Hot snot, we are back in business!

Bonus points if you can name the movie that is from.

Chari
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Porecomesis on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:45 am

Who's turn is it now?

Porecomesis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:29 am

Light or Snake's, I think.

Chari
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Porecomesis on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:10 pm

I dunno if I'm a hypocrite for saying this, but it's been 13 days. Who's turn is it?

Porecomesis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:21 pm

It's Chari's, I think.

Snakeeyz99
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Yeah, it's Chari's, we've been bugging him about it.

And no you would not be a hypocrite saying that, and all I have to say on the matter is "It's not ME this time!"

Lightning Flash
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:27 pm

I know it's me. I'm trying to come up with a plan for where to go from here. I'll post what I have so far and just wing it for now.

Chari
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snakeeyz99 on Thu May 12, 2011 9:54 pm

I have pretty much nothing to say right now...

Snakeeyz99
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Thu May 12, 2011 10:01 pm

Well, I guess right now my charas know everything that is happening. I guess with all of what is going on it would make the most sense for you to post Pore.

And BTW: Random thank you to Pore! I know this is probably a hard RP to stick with with the sporatic posting, but I thank you for keeping to it!!! Much appreciated!

Lightning Flash
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Porecomesis on Fri May 13, 2011 12:59 am

I don't have many other RPs, so no thanks is needed. I am, however, a very patient person, which is a virtue for the RP Tab.

On that note, if you guys aren't busy, I did recently join a new RP. Currently, it's dying almost as soon as it begun.

Porecomesis
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Fri May 13, 2011 5:53 pm

I'll take a look at it. Or, rather, I already did.

Chari
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Hey pore, what did you have in mind for that conical sword thing? I have been wracking my brains, but I can't think of anything that really fits that description.

Chari
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!