Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

Small Town

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Small Town

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Écrivain on Mon May 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Walter, Georgia; a small pass-by town for the elite rich, barely reaching a thousand on a good business year. The women work in the house, the men have their private multi-million dollar businesses, and the children grow up to take over their family's businesses. Drama never took long to spread, like a rumor in highschool. Families came and left, but the ones so perfectly fit into the rich life, generations of Walter residents, stayed for their lifetimes. They knew the snow could reach two feet deep and the summers were nice and cool. Some left for the summer, into the heated areas. For most, mainly the Oldies, stayed to enjoy Strawberry Festivals and the hottest galas in the country. The people of Walter loved the small town for its lavish feel, beautiful parks, and just about anything a rich person would need. Some people, like the teenagers, couldn't wait to get out of here.

Some of the people, like the eldest, would stay here to take over the business. The other children, well, some stayed and some left. The teens of Walter were close, and didn't like outsiders. They also didn't cope well with deaths.

Maxwell "Max" Avery
History:
Max is five years older than his only brother, Samuel. They lived in Hawaii for most of their lives, but their parents are originally from a small town in Georgia. Max was horribly bullied in high school for being gay, and after a recent accident that landed him in the hospital, his parents Nora and Josh decided to move back into Walter, next to an old friend. Max isn't exactly happy to be moved from his best friends, but plans to make a new start here in Walter.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Écrivain
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Small Town

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Mon May 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Alistair " Ali " Costello
History:
Ali's life has been going on a downward spiral since the death of his boyfriend, he doesn't sleep, hardly ever eats and has successfully shut out each and everyone of his family member's attempts at helping him. He just wants to be left alone but inside he needs someone to fill the hole in his heart.

~There's only now, there's only this, forget regret, or life is yours to miss~ - RENT

~ If at first you don't succed, Destroy all evidence that you tried ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Écrivain on Tue May 07, 2013 6:01 am

Max slid out of the Rolls Royce as it pulled up to their new house. It was much bigger than the house they had in Hawaii, and quite frankly, it was gorgeous. His camera bag hung off his shoulder, and he had half a mind to just wander around and take pictures of the beautiful house. But, his mother had other plans. "Maxy dear, can you give our new neighbors the brownies I made?" She asked, stepping out of the car just to ask him. He rolled his eyes facetiously, but grabbed the baked goods from the trunk and walked over to the house beside them. It also had a long driveway, but it only took a few seconds, and he knocked on the door. "Hello? I'm Max, I'm moving in next door." He greeted the person that opened the door.

Écrivain
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Tue May 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Ali sat slouched in an armchair, he had decided to come out of his room just to stop his mother moaning at him. He looked over to the door as someone knocked on the door. " get that will you Ali? I've got my hands full" his mother called obviously in the kitchen or doing laundry.

Huffing out a sigh Ali pulled himself out of the chair and opened the door, expecting to see one of his mothers friends coming to see here. But it wasn't. It was someone rather unexpected and beautiful too he looked at the plate of brownies and then looked to the person. Swallowing the dry lump down in his throat he spoke " I'm Ali...it's nice to meet you" he flicked his hair out of his eyes to get a better look at Max.

He hadn't spoken for a good long while, he had ignored all of his friends from school. Even when he did decide to go to school he would just want to get through the day without bursting into tears or just staring into space. He talked to his parents occasionally just to stop them bothering him some could be left alone.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Écrivain on Tue May 07, 2013 3:19 pm

The boy that opened the door was, quite frankly, beautiful. There was a sad beauty that surrounded him, from his tired grey eyes to his messy brown hair, but Max found himself mesmirized. "Uh, sorry for staring. Nice to meet you, Ali!" He greeted cheerfully, handing him the plate. He stood there awkwardly for quite a few moments, swallowing in every detail of the handsome boy in front of him. Max didn't even know if the boy was gay, but right now all he wanted to do was get to know this boy. "Max, what's taking so long, darling?" Max turned towards his mother and sighed. She was always the one to never slow down for anything.

Écrivain
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Tue May 07, 2013 3:57 pm

Taking the plate from Max Ali smiled lightly, he stood up on his tiptoes to see over Max's head looking over to see a woman who Ali assumed was Max's mother. "Sorry I should let you unpack...since you've just moved in an everything. But perhaps I'll see you around...thanks for the brownies. I'm sure my mom will have no trouble eating them....do you want the plate back when we've finished with it?" He asked as he leant against the door, he noticed a camera bag on Max's shoulder. His boyfriend loved photography and would always take pictures of Ali when he wasn't looking.

Ali looked back up at Max, he was sort of hoping that Max's mother would want the plate back, as it would give Ali an exscuse to see Max again. But wasn't this all too soon for Ali? He was still depressed about his boyfriend and didnt know if he was ready for more heartbreak. He couldn't take anymore misery. His eyes caught Max's briefly and he looked to the floor shyly.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Écrivain on Tue May 07, 2013 4:13 pm

Max giggled softly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I guess I should go unpack, but of course I'll be back, my mom doesn't like to admit it but she's protective over her plate." He chuckled with a glimmer of hope to see the boy next door again, "You're welcome, I hope to see you soon. Uh, if you finish them soon, here's my number." He pulled a Sharpie from his camera bag and scrawled his number on the boy's hand. He smiled, leaning in towards him, and remember he barely knew the boy. Max waved awkwardly and turned back towards his house. Max helped the movers with his boxes and got dibs on his favorite bedroom. It was open and had a depression where he could put his bed. It was a perfect little room, open walls ready for his pictures and big enough for his piano. And through his window, he could see a bedroom that could only belong to Ali.

Écrivain
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Tue May 07, 2013 4:41 pm

Ali gasped lightly as Max grabbed his hand and wrote his number on the back of it, he blushed as Max looked at him. Then as quick as he came Max was off down the driveway again. Shutting the door he leaned against it for a while a small smirk on his face, he looked at the number on his hand and bit his lip.

" Ali? Is everything okay? Who gave you those?"

Ali nodded and handed the plate of brownies to his mother, taking a handful for himself. " the cute guy next door...." he mumbled through a mouthful of brownie. " I'm not sure if...if...I'm ready for this....would he want me to move on?" Ali said mainly to himself still staring at the number. His mother went to speak but Ali was already up the stairs and in his room lying on the bed his fiddled with his hair something he did when he was in deep contemplation.

( well I'm off to bed will either post tomorow morning or when I get back from work, sorry if its a bit short usually I write like 200 words or more, just a bit tired)

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Écrivain on Tue May 07, 2013 4:57 pm

(it's okay, mine are shorter |: )

Max slid against the wall. It wasn't even a month after the accident at school. He never thought the sweet boy that usually stood up for him could leave him like that. The group of football boys pummeled him almost to death. That's why he was here in Walter, trying to start over. "Max, love, the rest of the boxes are here, start unpacking!" His mother exclaimed, dumping the last of the boxes in his room.

He set to work, keeping his mind off the boy next door, the handsome Ali. The high, vaulted ceiling was perfect for his lights, and with the ladder in the closet, he wrapped them haphazardly around the ceiling. His jars of candles were set about the room, splattered with glow stick that still preserved the glow. He set his pictures out, ready to be put up when he finished painting the room. Max contemplated calling Ali over to help, the boy didn't seem to come out much; plus, he needed someone to help him paint, which his family was none too eager to help. To contemplate this decision, he shelved his books and put his clothes away. When it was time to paint, he finally got the nerve to call Ali. He open the window and shouted his name.

"Ali!" He shouted, waiting for the boy to open his window. When Ali did, Max grinned, "Want to help me paint my room?" He asked, a lopsided smile ever present on his face. Max wanted nothing more than to make the boy happy and get him to laugh.

Écrivain
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Wed May 08, 2013 1:13 pm

( well I at least try to write a few paragraphs so then I get more from the other person, cause did you ever notice that when you write a short paragraph, you get a short paragraph back?)

Ali had been siting in his room for a while staring into space, his eyes flicked over a picture of him and Jason together on a beach. He remembered that day often, it was their 3rd yer anniversary and they had taken a trip down to the beach for the whole week.

Smiling softly he looked over to the window, he had hardly noticed Max next door, it was a strange coincidence that he had picked his bedroom right next to Ali's or did he mean to?

Standing up he opened the window and listened to what Max had asked him, he looked over to the picture of him and Jason, then briefly at Max's number scrawled on the back of his hand then to Max. Swallowing a lump down his throat he nodded " sure I'll give you a hand, ill be right over " he gave a small smile and closed his window.

He changed his shirt to and older one so he wouldn't mind getting paint on it, walking down the stairs quickly he could feel his heart thumping in his ears, he was getting nervous. He had only met Max and already he was going round to his house. This could be good for Ali but he had his doubts.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Écrivain on Wed May 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Max smiled and closed his own window. He changed into an old tank top and a pair of jeans so old they were tearing at the seams. He rarely wore something that showed off his arms, because of the scars. there were two long, jagged scars on his wrist and much more on the rest of his arm. Most of them were neat, except on his bicep.

But he wasn't going to let the past get to him. He had a handsome boy coming over to help him paint. He heard the doorbell ring and smiled inwardly. He set to opening the paint on the newspaper laid out and taped the edges before he heard his mother shout Ali's arrival. The subtle footsteps climbed each step carefully. When the door creaked open, Max popped the lid off of the paint can and laid the brushes out. There were more of an artist's brush, because the glow dots were stars, if anyone came close enough to his walls. In the day, it was just a white wall.

(because the other person doesn't want to write more if their partner isn't. sorry if i god-modded a bit there.)

Écrivain
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Wed May 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Ali smiled at Max's mother as she let him into the house, it was certainly busy with Max's family rushing around to get everything sorted. The house was nice it had the same basic layout as Ali's house but with a few rooms dotted around in different places. Opening Max's door he gave a quick smile to Max and looked at the colour paint he had chosen he spoke. " where do you want me to start ?" He asked folding his arms briefly.

Ali had noticed the scars and was the kind of person who wouldn't ask about another persons past unless they were comfortable telling it themselves. Ali would probably never hurt himself but e did neglect himself, hardly eating was fine a few tablets fixed hunger pains right away. Sleeping tablets not so much...they allowed you to sleep for a small while but they didn't give you the feeling of a good nights sleep. Nightmares were Ali's problem the death of Jason played out In his mind again and again so he chose not to sleep to avoid the dreams.

( it's Allright I hardly noticed I'm off to bed night)

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Écrivain on Wed May 08, 2013 3:51 pm

"They're going to be stars. Just small, they almost look like dots. But, they aren't." Max chuckled, dipping the small brush into the paint, grabbing Ali's hand, and guiding him through the shape he wanted. His soft arm hair brushed against the scars. It wasn't meant to be flirtatious, but their bodies so close it was hard not to feel that way. Once they finished, Max went to get his own brush.

Max had noticed Ali looking at his scars. Something about the boy made him want to tell him, like the boys had known each other for years. Maybe it was the innocence he portrayed. "I'm not a tough guy, though I try to act like it. These guys, at my old school, they bullied me a lot just because I like boys. One of the boys even led me on to embarrass me. It hurt, a lot. I had a lot of bruises inside and out, and sometimes I just wanted to feel something other than pain from others. I guess Walter is my place to start fresh." Max confessed, staring at the wall he was painting on. He'd never thought he'd actually tell someone that, but it wasn't the whole story and he felt like he could trust Ali.

(good night dahling!)

Écrivain
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sat May 11, 2013 11:11 am

Ali listened carefully to Max's explanation, he didnt want to know about the scars since it was something so personal. He carried on painting and spoke " you don't have to explain yourself to me...people are afraid of change...not here though no one matters who you love. Love is love here" he explained.

He remembered the first time he admitted he was gay to his friends and then to his parents, people were surprised at first but then they came to accept that Ali prefers boys and had feelings for one of his classmates.it seemed not so long ago when it was really about 3 years ago.

He painted the dots slowly some were closer than others some were further apart. " what's the reason for the stars" he asked dipping his brush in the paint and carried on with the stars.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Écrivain on Sat May 11, 2013 8:48 pm

"I'm afraid of the dark." It was so simple, but it wasn't the whole truth. It wasn't the dark that scared him, the things that lived in the dark. He hadn't even looked over at Ali, just brushed on the little stars. He drew a small rectangular box where his chalk board would go.

He grabbed a ladder, and as Ali painted the walls, Max attempted to paint the ceiling. It reminded him of Leonardo Di Vinci painting the Sistine Chapel. He could only dream of visiting the majestic chapel, with the beautiful ceiling. He had so many plans after he wasn't under the vicinity of his parents. His father despised him, so he couldn't do any of it not and return home. And he couldn't leave his mother, and his brother Sam, who was like a puppy almost.

"I think I'll place a cot by the window and load it with pillows," Max started, looking across the room, "and put some lights up. My photography will be everywhere so there's not room for much else." He sighed, looking down at Ali.

Écrivain
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Wed May 15, 2013 3:35 pm

( sorry for the late reply I've been ill with a kidney infection so I'm just resting really, but I'm feeling okay now)

Ali looked to Max as he climbed the ladder he looked back to the wall as he spoke about his fear of the dark. " I know how you feel...I stay up most of the night anyway so..me and you can talk if you're worried" he explained looking up at Max and smiled softly.

" I'm not really one for sleeping..." He paused to give a sigh " my boyfri.." He paused again to put the paintbrush down and rub his eyes. " my boy-....I'm sorry" Ali mumbled moving quickly out Max's room and out of his house. Rubbing his eyes as the tears streamed down his face, he kicked a pile of leaves and went back into his house.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Écrivain on Thu May 16, 2013 6:58 pm

(it's okay, i hope you feel even better.)

Max looked down at Ali, talking to him about sleep. He knew exactly how the boy felt. But before he could say anything to the younger boy, he was streaking out of Max's house and into his own. Max saw the boy from his window. He finished the stars as if it would bring the boy back. He was going to leave anyway, Max, this isn't his house, he rational side tried to reason with him.

Max sighed dreamily, wanting the boy back in his room. Each photo he hung reminded him of the friendships he had left. He almost opened the "Do Not Touch" box, full of momentos from ex-boyfriends, and the solitary ex-girlfriend, and photos of his real dad. Ouch, that would still wasn't properly healed. His father was his hero, and was framed for a criminal. He was a big part of Max's life that was recently torn away from him. He wasn't going to let that happen between him and Ali.

Écrivain
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Fri May 17, 2013 3:46 am

( I feel good sometimes and other times its like my back is burning, I'm going to skip till the night )

The hour was late but Ali was still awake he still couldn't believe that he hadn't brought himself to tell Max the truth. He huffed out a sigh and sat on his window seat the window open letting in a cool breeze into his warm room.

Glancing over to Max's room he saw that his room was finished it looked really good and Max was certainly a talented photographer, Ali wasnt that talented at many things but he was ok at general things. He waited a while wondering it Max was awake.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Écrivain on Fri May 17, 2013 6:33 am

Max twisted and turned, unable to sleep. He was a worrisome creature, and whatever Ali was going through, he had to know. He couldn't stand the thought of anyone going through a hard time. He couldn't understand why he could care for strangers so easily, it was just something he did. Max finally flounced off his bed and sat by the window. Ali was in the same position. But, where Max was, Ali couldn't see him. Max hadn't realized how beautiful this boy was until he was basked in moonlight and staring off.

"Like the room, eh?" Max popped out, appearing in Ali's vision of the room. He must've scared the boy, but his curiosity was getting the best of him. It was a rough day, hopefully talking to Ali would make it better. Even though it was late at night, he wanted to just hang out with him, figure out what was wrong, "You wanna come outside with me?" He asked innocently, not waiting for an answer before he was backing out the windowsill. He poured two mugs of hot chocolate, for the cold winter air, and pulled a trench coat over his hoodie and pajama pants. Soon he was under Ali's window, smiling up at him.

Écrivain
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Fri May 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Ali smiled at Max as he spoke at the bottom of his window, nodding he pulled on a jacket over his short sleeved shirt and tying up his converses and walking out of his room and out of the house. Meeting Max he smiled again " I'm sorry for running out today....I just find it hard I suppose to talk about what happend.." He explained shrugging his shoulders. Pointing down the garden to a seating area " do you want to go and sit down?"

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!