Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Something entirely different...

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Something entirely different...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:15 pm

I have been on RPG for little over two months now. It has been a pleasing and
thrilling endeavour. The majority of the roleplays I have created have grown a
large amount of interest and are relatively successful, and I couldn't be luckier
to have the players I do.

But now I wish to create something on a much grander scale, and that is Seporah.
Though the concept may not be entirely unique, the world is. This is only an interest
check, I may or may not bring it to RPG depending on the outcome. I implore you all
to take a gander at the information website. Though the website wasn't completely
finished, on the former place I roleplayed, it received a LOT of interest. To view the
concept, the maps, the monsters, the magic, etc, please visit this website:

http://www.wix.com/apaquette1/legendsofseporah

Roleplay will, of course, only be on RPG and the above link is only available for
information. Feedback and suggestions are encouraged. Thank you!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Cynic
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Something entirely different...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:11 pm

I'm so glad you've decided to bring it here. As you know, I'm all in.
I'll do my best to draw you some players as well. Looking forward to it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Modesty
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flieslikeabrick on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:29 pm

I really like the world(Universe would be a better term) you have created, it's amazing!

You can count me as an interested player.

flieslikeabrick
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FluffyReaper on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:56 pm

I don't know if maybe you took it down, but the only thing I saw on the link was the wix home page. I'd like to check it out if possible, and I didn't know if you knew it wasn't working properly.

FluffyReaper
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Yeah I am not sure what is wrong...my anti-virus is blocking it and won't let me view it,
but it let me see it yesterday. It has never not worked in the year I have had the site
up. Very strange. It is blocking wix completely actually. I am worried, there is a lot of
information on there that I would loose.

The Cynic
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FluffyReaper on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:19 pm

Well hopefully Wix is prepared for that kind of thing and has backups or something. Maybe you should try contacting them. In any case, I always keep a notepad back up of all my RP ideas that are published online. It's messy and disorganized, but at least you have a back up. xP Let me know when the site comes back up and I'll be happy to take a look. It sounds interesting.

FluffyReaper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:27 pm

I generally keep backups of everything, even posts, but I foolishly trusted
Wix with my content. Curse thee wix. CURSE THEE! -Shakes fist dramatically.-

The Cynic
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:47 pm

It still works for me. Do you want me to create a back up for you, Cyn?

Modesty
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:24 pm

I just got home and on my mac. It works here! I am not sure what the problem is...

The Cynic
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm on a Mac at home as well, perhaps it's not supported by some browsers.

Modesty
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac the Impaler on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 pm

It works for me, I'm on a Windows running Firefox.

EDIT: Just finished reading all the info. I would definitely be interested in joining this. I already have a few possible characters in mind. Give me a yell if you ever decide to make this.

Our core is madness. Our prime directive is murder. We came to rule the Earth not because we were the strongest or the smartest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle.

Mac the Impaler
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 pm

Indeed it seems like a perfect opportunity to bring either Ashley the monk or the Captain croc.

However the setting does make me wonder the roles that need to be filled, and the difference between the races while I can figure that the Beor are some kind of... corrupted human, could a Beor pass for an Adami and worse yet, not know that she is a Beor at all.

While I guess the answers will come in time, I also have to wonder will this be an adventure roleplay based around questing for artifacts that require especial talents to be acquired, a military roleplay based around battles and conquests at the hands of either influential or exceptionally gifted in combat personae or an intrigue roleplay in which plots and counterplots are set in motion at the shadows were everything is not what it seems and hiding in plain sight might be the thing to survive.

Either way, ive got characters that Id love to roll
"Incessant wind sweeps the plain. It murmurs on across grey stone, carrying dust from far climes to nibble eternally at the memorial pillars. There are a few shadows out there still but they are the weak and the timid and the hopelessly lost.

It is immortality of a sort.

Memory is immortality of a sort.

In the night, when the wind dies and silence rules the place of glittering stone, I remember. And they all live again."

Romaneck
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:09 am

All of that will still need to be decided. Previously, most characters were God-kin, Elves,
or Beor, and the roleplay was centered around the military and the good factions who desired
to over-throw the empire and purge the land of the Terea. Most people picked sides, either
the Raamah Terea or the other kingdoms. This roleplay is actually based off my book, which
revolves around the main characters trying to unify the kingdoms and face the Terea in
open war. The other half revolves around the Terea and the elite officers and their quest
for power and their own ideals. It should be known, however, that the good-guys are always
at a disadvantage and the tide of who wins and who dies is balanced only by strongest and
the smartest; not the most honorable and valiant.

If you are confused to what Beor actually are, they are essentially children born with a dark
god's taint. They are more powerful than god-kin because they possess the ability of not only
shadow, but the capability to use other elements. Some incredibly powerful Beor even have
the ability of anti-magic, which negates an enemy's use their element. The only way Beor can
learn other elements, however, is by basically eating a god-kin and stealing their powers. So
yes, they are cannibals, and that is where Seporah takes a much darker turn. Beor can pass as
Adami but they are unable to suppress their auras. Divine children are gifted with the ability
to see auras, so depending on their patron god, they emit a different shade. Example: Beor
give off a shadowy/smoky aura, and a god-kin of the sun god gives off a burning/firey one.

The world is very in-depth and there is a lot of content not even mentioned, or yet written.
As far as spots and roles, there would be military spots, but people could also make their own
individuals and have private story-lines. It is a whole world, after all. Feel free to add
suggestions, because at the moment, I am simply entertaining the thought of bringing it here.

The Cynic
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:58 am

The arrow keys aren't working on the site for some reason.
I'm going to guess you are Velx'rith.
How long and many are the songs? Quite enjoyable, they are.
God, this is amazing. How much effort did you put in this?
Did Serah give her ears or her right breast to create the island?
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flieslikeabrick on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:38 am

You already have a good(i mean uber-awesome) overarching story.
If you want to bring it here as a roleplay you could create a plot to group the players.

Honestly, it's hard to suggest anything because the world already feels complete, adding stuff doesn't seem necessary.

flieslikeabrick
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:20 am

Serah tossed her ears into the sea. The idea was that each god gave up one
of their most powerful attributes. I am actually going to be working with a friend
of mine and we are designing the images for each god and their animal (they
all have them, I believe Serah's is a dove. I have to find my old archives and
dig up the information not yet on the website. It's been awhile.)

There are other things too, like sub-magic, where two gods merge their domains
to create other elements, like ice, lightening, etc, but they are harder to master
and control. Velx'rith is the main character of the book and I do play him. I also
played Kidron, the twins of Pathros, and a fin-folk Ambassador of Azaeryrus.
Yes, there is an underwater kingdom. Lots of neat stuff.
:]

The Cynic
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mac the Impaler on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:41 am

If you make it, they will come. Its awesomeness shall never end.

Mac the Impaler
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:13 am

Some of the sub-pages(Like (EDIT)FireWater under Magic) show:

This is a text box which has a scrollbar enabled.
As you add text longer than the box size the scrollbar will appear.
Double click here to edit and add your own text.

Is this normal or is chrome failing to show something?

TheFinalOne
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Cynic on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Nope, no mistakes there. I mentioned that the website was never
finished. I will finish now, however, as it seems people would
really like it to come to RPG. I am going to a revise/rewrite and
spell-check a few things, too.

EDIT: All unfinished content has now be labelled and under construction.

The Cynic
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:30 pm

You made this Cynic?

Smokescreen
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!