Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Something fun

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Something fun

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LastWhisper on Mon May 19, 2014 10:55 pm

Hello, I’m Lastwhsiper, I am new here and decided it was about time to try my hand at making a roleplay. I would like to do a fantasy roleplay with things like mythical creatures and magic. But I want to make it so that it isn’t just about going around killing dragons and saving villages. I want to have some intrigue in this rp. I want the things your characters say and who they ally themselves with effect what happens in the long run. I want players to think twice about who they threaten and who they trust.

So the plot will change slightly depending on how many people are interested in this. But my plan is to have three different families. They are noble families that are well known and each has something that makes them strong (armies, money, defenses, resources, etc.) The land is ruled by over by the emperor who is growing old and has left no heir. So the power to rule over the land is up for grabs when the emperor finally dies. Each family knows this and that is where you as the player will come in. Each player will have a role in what happens to this land after the emperor dies. You can play a member of one of the noble families, a knight, a servant, or anyone/thing you feel could be relevant. This will be mostly player driven, I will try to steer you in some direction if things get stale, but for the most part you decide what happens. You can wipe out entire families, bring families together, or stay out of everything completely.

I want this rp to be something different and fun. There will be death in this serious and I just want to warn everyone now. Please let me know what you think of the idea and if you are interested. I would like to get a good number of people interested before I start writing this up.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LastWhisper
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Something fun

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildSky214 on Tue May 20, 2014 2:05 am

Will the characters be real or anime?
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WildSky214
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LastWhisper on Tue May 20, 2014 3:00 am

I'm not sure I didn't think about that. I guess anime, but I'm ok with both. To me its more about the story than who the characters are modeled after.

LastWhisper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mosswine Leader on Tue May 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Hey LastWhisper! Your local friendly neighborhood Mosswine Leader here. I'm a big fan of fantasy settings, and I've tried several ideas in the past, but to no avail. (I think people might be scared of my avatar D:> )

Anyways, I'd love to hear more about your idea or if you need help brainstorming, I would love to assist you with that as well. I'm on pretty much all day, so if you message me or reply to this post, then I'll get right back to you.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this!

Mosswine Leader
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WildSky214 on Tue May 20, 2014 3:26 pm

Well, I'm definitely interested. Medieval fantasy is my favorite setting, and the story seems fun.

WildSky214
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Based God on Tue May 20, 2014 3:49 pm

This reminds me of Game of Thrones so I am in as well. I would love to see how the story will turn out.

The Based God
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LastWhisper on Tue May 20, 2014 5:42 pm

@ Mosswine leader - I'll be happy to tell you more about the idea, just tell me what you would like to know. I haven't come up with every detail, but I can tell you alot about what I'm trying to go for.

@Wildsky214 - I'm glad to hear that you are interested. Fantasy is one of my favorite settings as well.

@The Based God - There was a little bit of inspiration from Game of Thrones, I like the back stabbing and the plotting in the show so I want to transfer some of those elements here.

LastWhisper
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xnightxelfx on Tue May 20, 2014 8:43 pm

As it has a game of thrones type feel, I might be interested in this.

I'm not very keen on games with a lot of players though, so it depends on how many people join.
I tried to do handstands for you but every time I fell for you. I'm permanently black and blue, permanently blue for you.

xnightxelfx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LastWhisper on Tue May 20, 2014 11:03 pm

Well I'm not sure how many people plan to join. But I feel the safe number is 5 or 6, it gives everyone the option of making a second character if they wish and it allows for a decent cast of characters.

LastWhisper
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!