Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Song Characters

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Song Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:59 pm

I thought that this would be an interesting thing to do. I've always thought that the characters from songs were interesting because they are very open to interpretation. I want to see how you guys interpret them. I have a list of characters here, but it is by no means complete. I want you to post a character profile for one or more of these people, based on the song they are from. If enough people do so, I might try making it into an RP. Feel free to make one that is not on this list. Be creative and have fun!

Note: Please listen to the song or read about it on wikipedia or something before posting.

Iron Man (Iron Man by Black Sabbath)
Killer Queen (Killer Queen by Queen)
Jude (Hey Jude by the Beatles)
Lucy (Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds by the Beatles)
Maxwell (Maxwell's Silver Hammer by the Beatles)
The Devil (Sympathy for the Devil by The Rolling Stones)
The Yeti (The Yeti by Clutch)
Rider on the Storm (Riders on the Storm by The Doors)
Ghost Rider in the Sky (Riders in the Sky by Stan Jones)
Icarus (Flight of Icarus by Iron Maiden)
Wrathchild (Wrathchild by Iron Maiden)
Frank and Lola (Frank and Lola by Jimmy Buffett)
Brown Eyed Girl (Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison)
Suzanne (Suzanne by Leonard Cohen)
Master of Puppets (Master of Puppets by Metallica)
The Rapscallion (The Last Superpower by Primus)
Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown/ Beelzeboss by Tenacious D)
Wonderboy (Wonderboy by Tenacious D)
Werewolf of London (Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon)
Saint Jimmy (Every Song on American Idiot by Greenday)
Whatshername (American Idiot by Greenday)
Jesus Of Suburbia (American Idiot by Greenday)
Mr. Crowley (Mr. Crowley by Ozzy Osbourne)

Template:

Name:
Weight:
Hair:
Skin:
Eyes:
Appearance:
Weapons (If Any. Most Characters Have No Need):
Hobbies:
Personality:
Background:
Goals In Life:
Song Of Origin:
Last edited by HorusTheHeretic on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It used to be that our elected officials were veterans of World War II, Vietnam, or the Civil Rights Movement. But with the election of Jesse Ventura in Minnesota and Arnold Schwarzenegger in California, I foresee a day when all our leaders will come from the movie Predator. Think about it. Governor Carl Weathers. No wait: Senator Predator. I bet he has some pretty interesting things to say about tort reform."
- Stephen Colbert

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Song Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:26 pm

Name: Iron Man
Age:Indeterminable, as he travels time and has no signs of age.
Height: 7'2"
Weight: 652 Lbs.
Hair: None
Skin: Steel and Iron
Eyes: Dark red
Appearance: Iron Man is huge. He dwarfs all but the largest people easily, and his muscles are titanic. His body is mottled plates of iron and steel, bolted and screwed together at the joints and along the contours of his muscles. His eyes burn a deep red far back in his skull, and his features are chiseled and sharp. His face is fixed eternally in a blank, vacant stare.
Weapons (If Any. Most Characters Have No Need):His fists, feet, and whatever he chooses to hit things with.
Hobbies: Pondering his terrible fate, how he has been wronged, and plotting his vengeance.
Personality: Iron Man is cold, silently bitter at the entire world for how they rejected him. He is very intelligent and often comes up with creative ways to take revenge. Other than that, he is consumed with the need for retribution.
Background: Iron Man was once a normal man, a scientist actually. He was the first to discover time travel, but using it, he discovered a horrible calamity in the near future. Taking it upon himself to save mankind, he began working tirelessly to avert the catastrophe. An integral part of his machine failed, and he was forced to venture inside its core, which had a colossally powerful magnetic field. He repaired the machine and saved Earth, but at the cost of his body. He nearly died in the process, and in fact his heart stopped several times. In that time, he was transformed into a metal behemoth and resurrected by the power of the machine he lay dying in. Upon emerging from his lab, he was shunned and rejected by the people of the world. He was cast out from society, even his own family. Consumed with rage, he began killing the people he once saved.
Goals In Life: Vengeance against the ungrateful population of Earth.
Song Of Origin: Iron Man by Black Sabbath.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:31 pm

Entertaining idea, Horus! I'd join this RPG if it became one. Here's a profile for "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," which is practically the only song I know of from that list. It turned out to be a hard song to interpret with all its drug and surreal references. I was split between doing a happy-go-lucky character or a darker, more gothic one, since I looked around and found this cover by Hyde.

Name: Halle Lucy Nation aka Hallucination
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 131 lbs.
Hair: Long strawberry blonde waves.
Skin: Fair and freckled.
Eyes: Kaleidescope. Just kidding--one eye is mottled green and brown and the other sometimes looks green, blue, or violet depending on the light.
Appearance: Crazy-colored suits for corporate work, but her fashion sense is naturally outlandish and reminiscent of the colorful flower child and bohemian trends. She is thin as a rail. Her face is well-kept and radiant. She always wears a pair of white-rimmed sunglasses studded with diamonds, which she calls, "Oh, these old rhinestones?"
Weapons: Mindcontrol, casting illusions, and incredible charm and persuasiveness.
Hobbies: Thrift shopping. Strolling into high-end places and tricking security guards into giving her their donuts before ransacking the place at her leisure. She'll aimlessly appear at trainstations, pick out a poor sod in a business suit, and take him out for the time of his life. Then she will just as easily disappear.
Personality: Free-minded and impish. Laughs easily, almost maniacally, but is generally sweet-natured, laid-back, and adventurous. Likes to spin around in public places.
Background: The woman grew up homeless in a poor neighborhood. The origin of her powers is unknown. From an early age she learned to hide it and adopted a happy demeanor to hide the pain after she was orphaned. She supplemented her income by trafficking drugs. With her powers of persuasion, she made good with the drug lord. With their influence, she is now head of several entertainment and luxury corporations to give people their hearts' desire.
Goals In Life: Creating the perfect illusion, be it in the form of a pill or virtual reality, for everyone.
Song Of Origin: "Lucky in the Sky with Diamonds," The Beatles
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Dovey
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:48 am

I'm glad to see that this might work after all! I like your profile for Lucy.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:59 am

I'm bored so I'm doing another one.

Name: The Devil
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 168 Lbs.
Hair: Slicked back, jet black, with a single streak of silver-gray.
Skin: A nice bronze tan
Eyes: Gold
Appearance: The Devil is always impeccably dressed and done up like a true gentleman. He has a thousand different suits for every occasion, and is never seen without one on. He always wears a tie, considering bow ties to be attire for butlers. He is exceedingly handsome, looking to be about thirty-five in his natural state. He also has a predilection for fedora hats.
Weapons: With mortals, he uses money, charm, and good looks. Against supernatural entities, mystical power second only to God himself.
Hobbies: He enjoys games of strategy, particularly chess, but he counts Risk as a close second favorite. He reads many book, and enjoys studying theology, philosophy, and history. He is a patron of all arts, and an avid actor, musician, singer, writer, and artist. Besides that, he quietly plots against Heaven and observes historical events as they happen and then relives them by traveling back in time.
Personality: The Devil is a man of wealth and taste, but he can be prone to violent rages when in the company of his demon minions. When outside of Hell, he is perfectly calm and cool. He is great fun to be around, and will help out anyone who needs it, trying to befriend them. He might ask for a little something later, a trifle really, just your soul, but he's just looking out for you. He is a bit dramatic sometimes.
Background: The Devil was cast down from Heaven by God after his failed rebellion. Since then, he has rebuilt himself and his empire in the realm of Hell. He has taken to observing the curious little creations of his arch rival, especially humans. He finds their arts, philosophies, and such to be highly entertaining, and respects them quite a bit. He has lived through all of human history and was present at many historical events, including the Crucifixion of Christ, The Russian Revolution, the outbreak and many battles of World War II, and the Kennedy Assassinations. He has also been known to fall in love with mortal women from time to time, sometimes bringing them back to Hell with him for a time.
Goals In Life: To collect as many souls as he can as cleanly and legally as he can, and to merely continue enjoying eternity.
Song Of Origin: Sympathy For The Devil by The Rolling Stones

Also partially inspired by a bit of NIB by Black Sabbath, and Clive Barker's play "The History of The Devil".

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:46 pm

Son of a bitch... I knew this would happen. Nobody browses the music forum so as soon as its off the recent threads list it's dead. It looks as though if it is to have any hope, it must become an RP immediately.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:38 pm

Let me move it to a better section. ;)

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:22 am

Thank you Remaeus.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lynx on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:06 pm

I'm interested, but lacking in time at the moment. (I need to make dinner soon.) But I'd like to profile the Beauty Queen from Mars, from Bon Jovi's Captain Crash and the Beauty Queen From Mars. Good song, anyone else know it? :D

Lynx
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:09 pm

I've never heard it, but I'll try to download it soon.

Maybe things are looking up for this thread!

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:55 pm

Lol, dude, I totally dig this idea.

But, like the other, i'm outta' time for the moment. I'll see if I can't throw somethin' together for tonight.

For a minute I thought this was another remake of my old Character Theme Song topic.

Later
Oº°‘¨The Southern Wind¨‘°ºO

(¯`·._)The Concrete Cowboy(_.·`¯)

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Katakat on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:26 am

I love it! I'm gonna do Killer Queen from the list :3

Name: Antoinette Valentine (Prefers Ann)
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 154 lb.
Hair: wavy radiant red hair to her mid back
Skin: Fair skinned, but she usually has a beautiful tan
Eyes: Emerald green eyes, but no innocence be hide them
Appearance: a thin young women who doesn't stand out much in crowds of people, but its exactly what she's been aiming for the whole time. Attending the party with a black dress made by a designer, she keeps her hair up in a bun with chopsticks. her eyes scan the room carefully as if shes looking for someone in particular. once she finds that person her eyes begin to sparkle with glee as she usually leaves sight in a back room.
Weapons (If Any. Most Characters Have No Need): Sniper Rifle, Knives, and poisons
Hobbies: Traveling, Knife throwing, Sniping, Hunting, Reading, and Swimming
Personality: Leading a double life, Being an top notch assassin and normal every day women. On the job she shows no emotion and is a cold hearted witch, although she is about the sweetest person anyone could meet.
Background: She was born in a small little town in Wisconsin, Her mother had left her with her father, who had been a great assassin. He begun her training when she turned 7 years old, throwing knives and loading a sniper rifle, at 13 she got her first sniper rifle, 16 she had begun going with her father on missions. Her father recently passed away so now she stays solo, she now poses as a college student.
Goals In Life: Just to continue how she lives, it works for her perfectly
Song Of Origin: Killer Queen

Katakat
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:46 am

OMIGAWDZ0RZ. More characters!

If you like this topic, check out the actual RPG made by HorusTheHeretic: Music Wars: Fight the Power

Dovey
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yoru on Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:04 pm

Alright! Wonderboy is going to take on the Hydra!!

Name:
Jack Blackson

Height:
6'1''

Weight:
160lb

Hair:
Raven, spiky

Skin:
Light tan

Eyes:
Multicoloured shades of blue

Appearance:
A tall youth dressed in a long black leather coat with a broadsword that also doubles as a guitar.

Weapons:
Broadsword, flight, levitation, the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away with mind bullets, telekinesis, ability to blast into three-part harmony

Hobbies:
Sitting in his castle made of clouds, killing Hyrdas, flying, playing music

Personality:
A cool and sensitive young man full of humility, Jack's always around to help people with whatever he can do. He goes to the same college as the girl Ann, also known as Killer Queen in crime circles, and lives a double personality- one as the smart, scholarly college student and another as the honorable crime-fighter struggling for worldwide justice.

Background:
Raised in the castle made of clouds and born with amazing powers, he was christened Wonderboy and sent to protect the people of Earth. In order to do his job effectively, he changed his name to Jack Blackson and went around in his crime-fighting business under his original name Wonderboy. Most notable is his prevention of the mass yak stampede and the demise of the gangster boss posing as the Hydra in the local performance of Hercules.

Goals In Life:
To find the secret of his power

Song Of Origin:
Wonderboy (by Tenacious D)

Yoru
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.