Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

Song of the Runes

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

For the assorted types of poetry.

Song of the Runes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sigurd on Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:43 pm

I know that I hung on a wind swept tree,
Nine whole days and nine nights,
Wounded by the spear,
A sacrifice to Odin,
Myself to myself --
Bound to that tree which no man knows,
How deep the roots of it run.
No one gave me bread,
Nor anyone gave me drink.
Down to the deepest depths I peered,
Until I saw the runes.
With a roaring cry I seized them up,
Shrieking I grabbed them.
Then dizzy and fainting I fell.
Then began I to thrive,
And wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed led to another deed.
Hidden runes shall you seek,
And interpret many signs,
Many symbols of might and power.
By the great singers are they painted.
By the high powers are they fashioned,
Carved by the utterer of the gods.
For the gods graved Odin,
For the elves graved Dain,
For the dwarves graved Dvalin,
For the giants graved Thrym,
And I for myself --
Graved runes for the sons of men.
Thus Odin graved ere the world began;
Then he rose from the deep, and came again.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sigurd
Member for 4 years
Promethean World Builder Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Conversationalist Greeter Tipworthy Author Lifegiver Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Property Buyer Concierge Novelist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!