(A sorta specific) Partner Search

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

(A sorta specific) Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:29 pm

Uh, hullo there. I'm Blackbird. How you doin'? *waves*

I haven't put up one of these in a long time, but right now I've been wanting a change of scenery; RP-wise. Sooo... Here I am.

Before I really get on to what I feel like RPing and other useful info, I'd just like to say that I'm only looking for one or two RP partners at the moment. I have a group RP ongoing (it's been ongoing for about 5 years; long RP, lots of plotting) and while that RP is moving slow it does take precedence over all others. I can't be taking up a lot of partners at the same time and for that reason I'm gonna be a bit picky about finding someone I'm compatible with; writing-wise, and can carry on a long-term story with.

What I want to do:

I want to do a slice-of-life-ish band RP type thing. I have two characters I'd do 1x1 RPs with often and I miss playing them. They're twins; brother and sister, and play bass and guitar respectively. What I'd like to do is write from the premise of them searching for band mates and build a story together from there. I want this to be a fun RP with room for some good character development. I'm not against romance, but it has to happen in the story and my characters are a bit... Quirky, in that area. I leave it up to them whether that'd work or not. >.>

I'm aiming for this this to be a long term RP, and yes; have one or more serious plot points, but I'd like it to be something less... Intense and dark than the stuff I have going in my group RP and personal writing. I want to laugh and goof and not constantly wonder who's going to get stabbed in the face next.

I may be open to other ideas, but I won't promise, because I can't take on a lot of RP at a time and I really want to do this one right now. Still; ask me, it won'y hurt. :)

About me:

- I've been RPing, officially, for around 6 years now. English is my second language, but I do quite well with it as you might be able to tell. I don't mind being corrected; in fact I welcome corrections to my grammar and spelling, but there's no need to be an a-hole about it; if you are I might take offense to that.

- I'm in Brazil, my timezone is GMT-3.

- I'll reply as often as I can, but I have other things going and when my group RP becomes active I may disappear for days. I will always say so if for some reason I can't reply for longer periods of time or if I need to end the RP prematurely, so don't assume I dropped out unless you hear from me. You can nudge me for replies if needed, I won't be bothered by that.

- I will RP through PMs only. Easier to keep track of.

- I love character sheets, but I won't demand them if you don't like doing them.

- I hate Face Claims. If you want to use them, go ahead, I won't complain, but don't demand them from me. I give written descriptions of my characters, imagine them as you see fit from there.

- I have no reservations in terms of violence, substance abuse, depression, whatever touchy subjects you might want to throw in. I have some triggers related to suicide, but I don't think they affect me writing about it all that much. My characters themselves don't take kindly to substance abuse though. As in shitfaced all the time/about to overdose any minute, type of substance abuse. I won't restrict you from writing it, I'm just warning that they'll react poorly.

- I WILL NOT write sex scenes under any circumstance. Clothes come off, I'm fading to black. There is no discussion on this.

What I'm looking for in a partner:

- Literate and always willing to improve: That means if I casually point out a typo you won't feel butthurt. I usually don't point it out unless it confuses me or it's way too recurrent though, so don't worry about me proofreading your every reply. If English isn't your first language and you're insecure about this part; don't be afraid to contact me. If we are compatible writing-wise I'll still want to write with you so long as we can understand each other.

- Third person, past tense, paragraphs... Pretty please.

- Friendly; we don't have to become best friends, but I'm more comfortable RPing with someone willing to chat at least about the characters and story. I've had people treat our writing like it was a business transaction or something like that, and it felt mighty awkward for me.

- Willing to adapt and contribute: I like throwing random ideas into the story without planning ahead and I like it when people feel comfortable doing the same. Major plot points will obviously be discussed, but if I randomly feel like my character's gonna wake up with a cold and not be able to perform or some other random thing... I'm gonna just do it. Fair warning.

- Willing to double up and play supporting characters: I don't want to feel like I'm talking to myself 90% of the time, so I'd like my partner to play as many characters as me (2) and be willing to throw in NPCs as needed. Just because I'll play a female and a male, doesn't mean that you have to though. You can play two males or two females at your discretion. So long as the numbers even out. ^^

- Respect for boundaries: I have limits (as stated above, no sex scenes is one) and I've had people agree to those limits and then try to push them. I was a new RPer back then so I let them... And I regret it. Nowadays I don't tolerate it anymore. I will drop you in a heartbeat if you try to push me into something I already said I wouldn't do. If you're not sure whether I'd be okay with something specific, please just ask beforehand.

- Quality and Substance: I don't count the words on my posts and they can vary between one and ten paragraphs depending on the situation. So I won't demand 'this many' paragraphs from anyone. I will demand posts with substance and that I can work off of. That said; no one-liners.

I guess that about covers it. If interested, shoot me a PM and we'll work something out together.
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blackbird26
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Re: (A sorta specific) Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:48 pm

Stiiill looking... :) No longer looking.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blackbird26
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Re: (A sorta specific) Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaxyLady15 on Wed May 18, 2016 11:28 pm

So I just saw this, and if you ever think about possibly doing this whole thing exactly as you have written it, I have two characters that I've always played that I miss too. Luck would have it, a male singer and a female band manager/whatever she needs to be. I used to be in a band group RP too, and we still sometimes get together and collab in remakes and things but they never have time anymore.

Please shoot me a PM when you get that urge again. I agree with everything on this page, and I might disappear for multiple days, but hey, it's life outside of here, right?

Later,
Saxy

SaxyLady15
Member for 6 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!