So in this world, the DWMA, or Death Weapon Meister Academy, is in Death City:
Age: Let's keep this from about 15 to 17.
Appearance: Self explanatory.
Personality: The basics, but this is fairly important when deciding how well your Meister and Weapon's soul wavelengths interact (See Soul Resonance).
Background: A back story of major events leading up to where the Meister is now. This includes social status, wealth, having only one parent around, having other famous Meisters in the family that you must live up to, etc. Be creative with this.
Relationship With Weapon: How well they get along, how they met, so forth.
Miscellaneous: Anything else you wish to add.
Name: Same as above
Age: Not sure if Weapons really have ages, and because of that lack of information, simply put how old the Weapon seems to be.
Personality: Same as above.
Background: Same as above.
Relationship with Meister: Same as above.
Weapon Form: Very important! It can be anything that is a "weapon" in some sense. So from the obvious sword, you may choose... say an anchor or maybe your weapon just wraps around your fists allowing each punch to be lethal. Again, creativeness is welcome.
Okay, so I shall being playing God in this RP. Meaning in general, I will have control over the NPC's, like teachers and Death. If we gather a decent group of active participants, I will allow people to roleplay as Witches. Also, if you watch the show or read the manga, the way things go tend to be on a mission basis. In the main hall of the school there is a large board that would look like where valets hang the keys of cars. On each hook, a small key chain hangs. Etched onto the key chain is the mission you are undertaking, the difficulty (from 1 to 3 stars), and things like that. When a mission has been claimed a piece of red paper is hung on the hook to show not only that the mission has been accpeted, but to tell the people that have gone on a mission, good luck.
As far as the NPC's go:
Shinigami - As the headmaster of DWMA, he is highly respected by teachers as well as students, not only because of his great power, but for his desire for peace in the world. It is for this reason, that DWMA was created. Despite his past and his powerful position in the school, he tends to be kiddish and joyful as to not to scare the children. He is arguably the most powerful character in the RP, so far.
Dr. Stien - Being a man of science, Dr. Stein sees everything in the world, including himself, as an experiment or specimen. This is the personality that he had as a child, as he often wanted to dissect the people around him. He was often stopped by Spirit. This personality trait made all those around him afraid of him. This strange hobby of wanting to dissect anything he thinks is interesting was still present, even when Stein became an adult, and once as part of a lesson, tried to have his class dissect an endangered animal, claiming that it would be bad if he did not find out anything from it before it became extinct. Despite this cruel and twisted personality, Stein does have a kind and caring side that worries for the people around him and he feels the need to protect them. While it is never stated when this other personality arose, it could be assumed it happened after Spirit left him and went with Kami. As mentioned above, he is one of the DWMA's teachers.
Sid - Sid is a zombie, being the result of one of Dr. Stien's experiments. During his time when he was alive, Sid was a three star meister and a knife meister. His job was taken over by Dr. Stein after the event. He still goes to the school to help the student and teachers in any way he can. Sid's reason for helping the school is that it is what he would have done when he was alive.
Excalibur - Excalibur is a demon weapon; he takes the form of a sword. He is the "Ultimate Weapon". It turns out that anyone can use Excalibur. However, no one can put up with its personality (it has a bigger ego than Black Star, and a shorter temper). The only reason that those who use it are called heroes is that they can put up with its annoying habits, such as a list of one thousand things he demands to be completed, such as daily five-hour reading sessions.
Some of the known tasks that Excalibur demands are:
* 1: My mornings start off with a cup of coffee
* 75: Excalibur's birthday must be celebrated in a grand manner
* 172: Hold a sense of the Japanese spirit
* 202: The highest class toilet must be prepared
* 278: You must never permit carrots in my meals
* 452: You must attend my daily 5 hour long recitation
* 573: You're to always stay 3 step behind me while walking
* 602: Food must be freshly prepared
* 667: Always praise Excalibur
* 679: I must always have a dehumidifier in my room
* 998: When you order a package for home delivery, you must always use cash on delivery
A few little things to know:
Soul Resonance is occurs when a Weapon is in Weapon form. The soul's of the Weapon and the Meister must be in sync, they must be working together. When people have compatible personalities, their soul wave lengths are work together. Here's how it is best described:
"A Meister and a weapon are like an electric guitar and an amp."
"The sound (soul wavelength) that comes from an electric guitar (Meister) by itself is rather faint..."
"But when you connect an amp (Weapon) to it, the soul wavelength is amplified, giving it a lot of power."
Soul Resonance happens when both soul wavelengths are working together, allowing the Weapon and Meister to achieve new amounts of power.
So as for the rules:
1) A common, yet golden rule. Do not overpower yourself. It ruins the fun.
2) Be realistic. If you just got shot in the head like 20 times, don't even think you can get back up and start fighting again.
3) Be unique. I don't want 20 anti-hero cliches here.
4) Don't post, and then post, and then post. Give others time to add there own details to the story.
5) I'm new to RP's so don't kill me if this isn't so great. Give me advice so I can make this a more fun and enjoyable experience.
Rules for battle:
1) See rule 2 from above.
2) Check out this: http://souleater.wikia.com/wiki/Abilities . It is a list of all the in story attacks, fighting styles, etc. Use that and make up some of your own attacks. But, again, don't overpower yourself.
3) Dying...well I haven't yet decided on if there will be a penalty for death, if any penalty at all besides a few weeks in a hospital bed.
Sign up list for Meister/Weapon Duos (I feel like 8 is a good amount. I might let 1 or 2 more people squeeze in)
1. X-07 (Xavier/Cherice)
2. x3AlexSaysRawr (Alex/Garrett/Maggie)
3. AzureLimit (Satosha/Rana)
4. Wisp (Morrison/Tex)
5. Hirochi-Zangus (Solctice/Jormungandr)
Sign up list for Witches (Not yet implemented)
I will add myself, later. I have spent an hour typing this and must take a break. But feel free to join or if you have any questions leave one here or drop me a PM and I will be sure I can answer it. (: