Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Sparing partner wanted!

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Sparing partner wanted!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:05 am

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Style: Powered

Tier: Mid-High Tier(I'm not sure where Sean Seam goes.)

HoR: No

Post limit: None, I need to learn how this forum works.

Match time limit: None, see before.

Character I am using: Sean Seam, a human who was blessed with an Aura, the embodiment of his being, which allows him to control(read:tactile telekinesis) any fabric(meaning textiles and other cloths) he touches and harden it to the strength of steel. He is 6', okay build, but inhuman stamina, and his Aura only works on anything of a fabric material that he can touch.

Setting: A gorge with several natural stone pillars sprouting from the ground, all reaching about 100 feet up, some close together, some far apart.

Additional info: If you want to make it so they run into each other and battle, they're just training, whatever you want, I'll work with it.
Don't piss me off. I will personally come to your house and tilt every painting I come across.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Sparing partner wanted!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:56 pm

I can play, but I have to warn you that if this is the only ability you are bringing it will not be enough.

If you are still looking to do this shoot me a PM or reply here.

I would like to request if I may a 2-3 day time limit on posting...I hate to wait.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:27 am

You'd be surprised at what one can do with ribbons when each ribbon is essentially making you Doc Ock. And can I say thank you for being A)The only person to respond, and B)Sharing my views on wanting to not have to wait for three days for someone to post?

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Hmm. I like the images. So, you wanna play?

David.

Nuriel-01.

Apex.

Nox.

I'll let you pick.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Wow, I can't believe it took this long for me to realize I misspelled "sparring"... Anyway, what amount of Nox are we talking here? A humanoid one that can be poked with sharp things to make it hurt? Or the full-on Nox?

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Full powered Nox is just unfair. I would play him Limited against your Powered. Would be closer to fair that way...though Nox is pretty High Tier, you sure you wouldn't rather fight one of his flunkies?

Grahf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenix6000 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:59 pm

Thundergod1020 wrote:
FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Style: Powered

Tier: Mid-High Tier(I'm not sure where Sean Seam goes.)

HoR: No

Post limit: None, I need to learn how this forum works.

Match time limit: None, see before.

Character I am using: Sean Seam, a human who was blessed with an Aura, the embodiment of his being, which allows him to control(read:tactile telekinesis) any fabric(meaning textiles and other cloths) he touches and harden it to the strength of steel. He is 6', okay build, but inhuman stamina, and his Aura only works on anything of a fabric material that he can touch.

Setting: A gorge with several natural stone pillars sprouting from the ground, all reaching about 100 feet up, some close together, some far apart.

Additional info: If you want to make it so they run into each other and battle, they're just training, whatever you want, I'll work with it.

I'd be willing to invest in a small spar. I have a good deal of free time at the moment, so it's your call. On top of that I can reply quickly.

Noxize wrote:Full powered Nox is just unfair. I would play him Limited against your Powered. Would be closer to fair that way...though Nox is pretty High Tier, you sure you wouldn't rather fight one of his flunkies?

Last I recall, you and your precious Nox turned tail and ran. That pile of ink you like to hype is nowhere close to impressive.
Best in the World
StaticPlume: 4 // Guru (Adam Newsome): 0
Phoenix: 1 // Fenris of Olfwood: 0
Phoenix: 1 // Mesiphidon, the Son of Ruin: 0

Phoenix6000
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Really dude?

You god-mod like crazy, I end the fight...and now you are going to act all stalkerish? Piss off kid. The grown ups are talking.

Grahf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenix6000 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Noxize wrote:Really dude?

You god-mod like crazy, I end the fight...and now you are going to act all stalkerish? Piss off kid. The grown ups are talking.

Mod? I believe you are mistaken, especially when I gave you the details before the fight even started, as per your own request. Therefore, you have no right to complain when my character performs an act that is well within his limits. So sorry that you weren't prepared enough to handle someone who actually knows what they're doing, but that's how it is for all of your non-RM fights. =D

lol And do try not to flatter yourself, kid. No one cares what you do here, but since you're being so polite and owning up to being a child, I'll allow you to leave while I discuss matters with someone who can actually RP.

Phoenix6000
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:37 pm

lol

I refuse to argue with you.

Thundergod, I'll wait for a reply or PM.

Grahf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenix6000 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Noxize wrote:lol

I refuse to argue with you.

Thundergod, I'll wait for a reply or PM.

No one's arguing, especially since you just admitted to not being a skillful writer or fighter in any capacity. xD Your words, kid. Not mine. No need to get upset because you lost.

Phoenix6000
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Look, I'll fight you both, using separate posts, as to prevent confusion. To even the odds even a little, Sean's tactile telekinesis and instant hardening of material works on any material used to create usable objects(malleable metal, glass, clay, wood, etc.) and any textile in general, and can cause the pain of a cut even to normally uncuttable beings. Sounds good?
To Noxize, if I don't start going up against overpowered beings now with underpowered characters(at least in comparison), it's going to be wrong to call godmod later when I do start. And ignore Phoenix in this thread. Save the fighting for IC.
To Phoenix6000, calm yo' tits, no need bringing up old things from the past. And ignore Noxize in this thread. Save the fighting for IC.

We all agree to these terms?

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Sounds good to me.

Set up a thread and I'll be there.

Grahf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenix6000 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:47 pm

Fair enough. Seeing as I'm 1-0 against him already, there's no need to continue beating a dead dog.

Make a thread and I'll post.

Phoenix6000
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Where at, right here in the Battle arena thread?

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenix6000 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Yeah, that's typically where combat-related RPs are posted.

Phoenix6000
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Okay, just clearing the air.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:29 am

Both threads are raring to go, so enjoy!!!

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:26 am

Is there still a need for a partner?

"When I see you lately I'm wondering on White roses, caskets Your name on a stone."

Seraph
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Well, the original itch has been scratched, but if you'd want to play a round, how do you want to play? Just an rp battle, with preps only really being used for strategy? Or a T1 battle? And what's your character?

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!