Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

SPARRING PARTNER ADVERTISEMENTS

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Re: Looking for a Sparring partner? Look here first!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby exquisite.-adulation on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 pm

I am completely new to this.... The site I come from is um... Noobish, I've been told. I am a RolePlaying Comatant, however. So... Please message me or something, because I've not a clue how this site works. o_____o
ღ Eviscera ღ

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

exquisite.-adulation
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Questionable Object on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:43 am

Its been a while since I've gotten to roleplay with anyone, i think it'd do me good to have a little spat with someone...

It'd also be a good opportunity for anyone to point out if I haven't put in enough detail into my character, it'd be appreciated.

Why not...

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Style: Enhanced or Powered.

Tier: Mid-Tier to High Tier.

HoR: Not exactly sure what this means... Sorry if its obvious I haven't seen it before.

Post limit: I don't really do limits, be as long or as short as you like.

Match time limit: Up for discussion.

Character I am using: roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/maedos-judgement

Setting: I really don't mind, though the wetter and colder a place and the more fel energies there are in the area the stronger she will be. Also underground areas and deserts are places of considerable discomfort for her.

Hit me up in whatever way if you're interested, it'd be nice to stretch my RP legs.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Questionable Object
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thejellysnake on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Let's get ready to rrrrumblllllle! c:

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Style: Powered

Tier: Low tier

HoR: No idea wat this means

Post limit: No limit

Match time limit: Half an hour

Character I am using: roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/clanker

Setting: A Boxing Arena

Thejellysnake
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby macheteshark on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:32 am

Hey everyone, I'm not entirely sure how this goes down, and I have read some of the 'help' forums, but to be perfectly honest, it's a lot of information and can be overwhelming. Anywho, I'm really interested in the concept here, and I can't stress how much I love a good fight, especially if it means I can use a character I've made previously and am invested in...

I really want to 'fight' with another RPer, but I'm hesitant to start something purely because it would be first time... I'm most definitely not inexperienced to RPing and I tend to write fair sized posts when I do post. I'd like to 'spar' with someone who is fairly literate, realistic in fight expectations and delivery... I'm not opposed to most settings, scenarios or genres, I just prefer original content for the most part, i'm not a fan of already established content...

So, if anyone would like to show me how it's done here, I'd be eternally grateful :)

macheteshark
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Enerlogue on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Style: Powered or enhanced

Tier: Mid-low-or High tier

HoR: Doesn't know the meaning of this either.

Post limit: No limit

Match time limit: No limit (Or doesn't matter)

Character I am using: roleplay/the-multiverse/characters/galen-alder-aka-black-comet
Image BAM!!!

"Interest is only in the curiosity of the one who attempts to deduce." ~ Enerlogue

Enerlogue
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KnightRaven on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:15 am

Hor means Hors De Combat. Also known as Outside the Fight. ._.

French term used in diplomacy and international law to refer to soldiers who are incapable of performing their military function. Examples include a downed fighter pilot, as well as the sick, wounded, detained, or otherwise disabled. Soldiers hors de combat are normally granted special protections according to the laws of war, sometimes including prisoner of war status.
In addition to personnel, hors de combat may refer to anything out of action or disabled.

A person is 'hors de combat' if:
(a) he is in the power of an adverse Party;
(b) he clearly expresses an intention to surrender; or
(c) he has been rendered unconscious or is otherwise incapacitated by wounds or sickness, and therefore is incapable of defending himself;
provided that in any of these cases he abstains from any hostile act and does not attempt to escape.

KnightRaven
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Only in this case, it means Hall of Records.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Lmao.

Way to over think it.

Anyway.

Style: Whateva. We can chat about it in the PM you will fire my way. ;)

Tier: Once again, up for discussion.

HoR: Fuck that place. Idiots with points.

Post limit: I prefer at least a paragraph. Anything less and it's hard to get a grasp of what is going on sometimes. Likewise I would rather not read an essay on wind speeds and such. Purple prose does not make you a better writer.

Match time limit: If there is no activity on your end for over two days I will declare the battle over, unless you gimmie a heads up. If there is no reply on my part assume I am dead or my internet is. Mourn me.

Character I am using: Depends on the style and what-not, be silly to use a monster in a RM battle.

Setting: I prefer good old vacant lots or abandoned cities. Lotsa room to run about and such.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Undersiej on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:09 pm

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Tier: High Tier.

HoR: Don't care, don't even know what that is.

Post limit: None. We can fight till they're armless and legless if you want.

Match time limit: None. See above.

Character I am using: We'll make them up as we go along, and I am a fan of and always encourage the infamous Ass Pull.

Setting: New York.

Undersiej
Member for 11 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reign on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Undersiej if no one's met your request then I can surely indulge you. Provide a link and I'll respond accordingly.

Reign
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby punkrock_pizzaboy on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Hey, I'm looking for someone to fight with on a low-level power set. No god-tier stuff, but within those confines, any kind of character is fair game. Just looking for some fun.
Not sure what HoR is, but it sounds like something distracting. If it's important to you, by all means do whatever.
You'd be squaring off with a smart-ass, punk rock vomit wizard, in case anyone's curious.

punkrock_pizzaboy
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Araehn_Atelos on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Anyone up for a spar of T-1 PC (Powered Characters)

Araehn_Atelos
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lobos on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:20 am

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Tier: High Tier

HoR: N

Post limit: At least 1 paragraph, well written and acknowledging effectively all possible aspects of your opponent.

Match time limit: None.

Character I am using: Scradem (typo'd the name when creating)

Setting: Dictacted by challenger. Special rules of the enviroment, if any, will be added by myself.

Additional info: Looking to shake off the rust of player on player combat, but also gearing up for a tournament that's a ways off yet. Won't lie, Scradem is one strong fighter, and I'm looking to stretch him out. However, he's only one of my two possible choices for this upcoming tournament, so if you enjoy the fight, keep an eye out, cause I'll be putting the other fighter out there before too long.
Serenade the moon, and let loose your howl.

Lobos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenix6000 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:17 pm

@Lobos
I'll bite and use combat you with a high-level Ed.
Best in the World
StaticPlume: 4 // Guru (Adam Newsome): 0
Phoenix: 1 // Fenris of Olfwood: 0
Phoenix: 1 // Mesiphidon, the Son of Ruin: 0

Phoenix6000
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:39 am

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Tier: Mid-tier - The characters will be able to use blend of magic and high tech weapons. Guns are not an exception but make sure your weapons are not over powered. They will also be able to free run up and along walls better than normal people could but still cannot jump on a tall building in a single leap. Their agility, nimbleness, strength, and durability will be also be enhanced.

Post limit: We will be using the original T1 for the battle, thus the length of the post will be determined on the actions that are done. If you can explain it in a sentence with full detail, that is perfectly fine.

Setting: I would like to fight in a futuristic marketplace where varies shops and items are available to be used and be destroyed. For example, this kind of place and this kind of place.

I am inexperienced but would like to test my writing skills in battle. If there are any soul out there who would like to test this out with me, I would deeply appreciate it. :-)

shadereen
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby th3graved1gger on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:37 am

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Style: A mix between enhanced and powered

Tier: Mid-Tier

HoR: Yes

Post limit: 1-3 paragraphs at least, no less

Match time limit: however long it can take

Character I am using: Name: Juno Xserandak
Creature: Half Human Elementalist/Half Xserasdan
Appearances: A 168 year old, 13'5" tall being with Light Grey Skin, Pure White hair. Black is in place of the white of his eyes, while the color of his eyes are pure white with black pupils. He has Jet Black tattoo's that are in Xserasdan symbols that half tell of a prophecy and half are a spell containing .5 trillion souls of Xserasdan beings. He is also wearing a necklace with a large orb attached that holds another .5 trillion souls of Xserasdans and instructions on his Xserasdan half and what it is.
Male/female: Male
personality: keeps to himself at times, but is also inquisitive. He is also able to sense if he can trust people based on their auras
special ability/powers: Matter Distortion, anti matter distortion, aura sight, enhanced physical attributes
tell something about your creature: Juno Xserandak has gone through life not knowing of being an heir because his father kept him from it, until he was 45; still not showing signs of aging since he was 26. Since Juno knew what was going on, but he kept this as a secret not wanting to be the heir of a dying kingdom. He was a half human elementalist though as well, and in his kingdom, only a pure blood could be the king. So he decided just try and fulfill part of the prophecy, bring back the Xserasdan race. But there is a problem with that. He has to have someone help him unlock the orb to view this part only in the orb. Juno also has a pet Hadarin, a dangerous, creature that has a poison, that can kill almost anything on contact by a touch of the tooth. The creature has a row of spikes along its spine, and has a 6 foot long spike clubbed tail. It has 4" sharp claws, and its bottom canines jut out of it's mouth. The skin is a grey with jet black spots. It's skin is strong enough to deflect projectiles, but is not metallic. The bone structure is like that of a 10' tall, 12' long, and 5' foot wide canine, and stronger than steel. The creature's name is Jadi'in and it obeys Juno with pure loyalty. Juno knows how to fight, and will try to destroy anyone if they try to act a threat upon him. In his lifetime, he has destroyed villages, continents, and planets outside the reach of Earth, just because he was in a fight with another super powered being as strong as himself.

Setting:A wide open space with destructible environment, like a city, mountains, or a rocky wasteland.

Additional info: The pet Hadarin is not going to be in the fight, but it will be mentioned.
Being a gamer is my thing, roleplaying is another.

th3graved1gger
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby th3graved1gger on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:14 am

by the way i'm willing for any kind of fight, but the form above is just my preferred choice.

th3graved1gger
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:24 am

If anyone wants to spar, just PM me.

shadereen
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maledictus on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:10 pm

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Style: Powered.

Tier: High Tier.

HoR: If you wish.

Post limit: 4 - 6 paragraphs.

Character I am using: Maledictus Legija Verslindenor.

Setting: The dominion of my character.

Additional info: As battles are obtained, I shall reveal more and more about him.

Maledictus
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CoincidentalMadness on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:07 pm

FIGHT REGISTRATION CARD

Style: Powered & Enhanced

Tier: Mid-Tier to High-Tier

HoR: N

Post limit: 1 to 3 paragraphs

Match time limit: None, not in any hurry. ^^

Character I am using: kaika-cho-arc-t85413.html
The character in the link above is Kaika Cho. I haven't applied this to the profile yet, but I will add some elements of her "Arc 2" self. Meaning, she does get a transformation form. Along with her "Partial Mode," she now gets the "Full Mode" meaning her abilities at full power. Whatever she could do in her Partial Mode is doubled in power in Full Mode, and with the addition of new powers. Kaika can now use an ancient golden sword (which looks like an angel wing) named "Life's Embodiment." As her trump card, she can use a forbidden spell called "Lifestream," and go over her limits with unlimited power. The downside of the spell is that it eats away at her soul, shortening her lifespan, and if overused, she dies.

Setting: In a ruined chapel, the outside being an abandoned cemetery.

Additional info: Kaika does have her "spiritual companion," Miki, but all the help that the spirit can give is protection for a very short time span.

PM me for the battle!

CoincidentalMadness
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!