Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Spellwar: Creation and Destruction

Spellwar: Creation and Destruction

a part of “Spellwar: Creation and Destruction”, a fictional universe by Azure Limit.

For over a millennium, mages, split into two groups, have raged war in secret, alongside their human partners, the Spell-Links. Now, in modern times, the war continues for the right to hold the future of the world.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Spellwar: Creation and Destruction”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Spellwar: Creation and Destruction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NinaKerndall on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:18 am

So may I assume that I may just bump into Karen any time or some sort? And also that Caviste will be going to the same school they go to? Sorry for being so late in RPing...
----------
You walk through the mahogany door. The little girl inside stares at you with her iridescent violet eyes, emphasized by her rich indigo dress. Her caretaker hovers by your side, obviously flustered at your sudden appearance. You ignore her, as the girl's eyes bores into outer facade, and searches your heart, mind and soul. She reaches out a hand, probably realising you are not a threat.
Do you take it?
Will you take it?
Can you take it?
She's waiting...

----------

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NinaKerndall
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:06 am

Your character can bump into her whenever she want and go to whatever school she wants. Just remember that Karen's walking away from the school and is probably between one or two miles away by now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimpunker96 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:24 am

Lmao Sparkleshine I like the pop culture references in your post there. Was the card carrying villain thing supposed to be a nod to a page from TV Tropes?

Grimpunker96
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:49 am

Not intentionally, but yes! The reference kinda popped up in my head and I just wrote it down without thinking...

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:52 am

Also, dagnabbit, now I'm reading TV Tropes again >:(

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arthurna on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:57 am

The story already progress so much to the point where I have no idea where to butt in anymore lol
I love you, Maria..
Azian, I feel for you.

Arthurna
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:03 am

You should do one of those cool sequences where you have your character drop in and be like, "I'm sorry to drop in, but what the heck are you all doing!" and with that go about to quell some of the problems that have occurred. My next post I hope to finally use Suzuki's powers, but I've not yet because there aren't any cars around.

DragonWriter
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:49 am

Your in a city, there are always cars around. Also cool might not be the best word for that. I would equate it to having pretty much every main character of a supposedly ancient war attending the same school with how contrived it is, but that would be undervaluing the latter's severe case.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:46 am

Hey, Aurelie + Miraze = not at the same school ;)

Besides, it gets things moving and it's pretty much how any TV series goes. Call it 'mystic power draws people together' if it helps.

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:37 pm

I think it's cool when a random character that's not had much background done for him or her comes into a fight and starts actually explaining things or something along those lines. I perhaps should equate the word cool, or actually rather than not use that word use the word suspenseful. At the very least they have some not really known character come in and steal the show and explain things in animes generally that viewers wouldn't get through other means. That's because every time anime story writers do they usually take longer to explain things in some non-combat scenes than in combat scenes. Leading to the idea that if you want anything done in the world everyone has to figure it out through their fists. Sometimes I find that way of fighting to explain things over the top, so I mean it's not my character, but it's just a suggestion that you could do.

I somehow feel my presence here is hostile at times. I wonder if I should just orphanage my characters and let others control them.

DragonWriter
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimpunker96 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:46 pm

I for one think that's a great idea. I mean, how else is Ren gonna come into the main plot? Teleportation (No, I'm not making Vlad do that xD)
I don't think anyone wants me to have another Otaku Attack and name all the animes I could think of that went about a certain idea again, right? Bahahaha ^_^

Grimpunker96
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Your free to do whatever you want; make your character spontaneously decide to show up for absolutely no valid reason, talk like someone who would get immediately shot by any person not condemned to the retardation imposed by certain people upon NPCs, or simply abandon your characters. It's really not up to me.

And maybe Vlad should keep the ability to teleport limited to himself so the need to justify why he doesn't instantly win every fight doesn't rear its disgusting head somewhere down the line.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Grimpunker: For clarification, Satosha didn't grab the scythe. He didn't in fact do anything. Aurelie sent him a couple suggestions regarding tactics via an instant of dreaming.

Also, I'm not worried about teleporting being an undefeatable tactic, but I am a little bit more bothered by mysterious-ability-to-see-through-illusions ;)

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimpunker96 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:45 pm

OH. Alright. Gotcha. I thought when you said that he was lunging forward inside the reach of the scythe he went to grab, he actually did. My bad. And sorry Azurelimit.
Her ability is confusing xD

And my fault. I read it wrong. It seemed like you guys went back and forth between having it, and not having it. The Alice in Wonderland reference threw me off bahaha.
@Lifecharacter: Well, I don't consider it a victory either. If anything, it's a forfeit.

Grimpunker96
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Nina, if you want we can move through the rest of the introduction part with one collab post.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arthurna on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:48 am

Whoa...thank you for the ideas guy ^^

explanation of the barrier
-only Mages, Spell-links, and people with magic potential (no matter how weak, even if it's only very tiny tiny tiny) can stay inside the barrier. The rest will plainly get thrown outside.

-The radius of the barrier is 1 km from the blasted school

-There's still remain some bystander because currently Renjou is weak.

Arthurna
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:51 am

Sorry, I guess I kinda confused things there. I don't want to have my char use her full 'I control you' ability on other people, 'cause that kind of sucks. What I was intending was that she gave him a sleep-awake moment, giving him a deeper dream where stuff happened for him in his mind but only a split second passed in the waking world. Rather than controlling his physical actions, she just hit him with an onslaught of images to pass on some tactical suggestions.

Probably the best way of avoiding this confusion is if I stick to my original self-ruling of not using it on players. I reiterate: it wasn't supposed to be 'I control your character' but 'I make them visualise stuff as a form of message'. My apologies!

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NinaKerndall on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:05 am

I should think that will be fine, Lifecharacter. PM, yes?

NinaKerndall
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NinaKerndall on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:41 pm

I'll probably be a bit late and afk in responding for awhile, my brother's sick and I have to take care of him, sorry guys!

NinaKerndall
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimpunker96 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:38 am

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy with school the last couple days.

Grimpunker96
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!