Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Spellwar: Creation and Destruction

Spellwar: Creation and Destruction

a part of “Spellwar: Creation and Destruction”, a fictional universe by Azure Limit.

For over a millennium, mages, split into two groups, have raged war in secret, alongside their human partners, the Spell-Links. Now, in modern times, the war continues for the right to hold the future of the world.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Spellwar: Creation and Destruction”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Spellwar: Creation and Destruction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:17 pm

I only counted two black mage slots, one white mage and the rest of us are spell links...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DragonWriter
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:22 pm

I could make a white magician.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DragonWriter
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Black Mages:
Karen
Halbert
Vladimir
Miraze

White Mages:
Renjou

The other three are spell-links. And the question is if we are going for the balanced 3v3 thing or if we're gonna have it as 4v2.

Lifecharacter
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Well, it probably would be better with three vs. three. But good guys never have it easy until shows and stuff nerf bad guys and their powers.

DragonWriter
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimpunker96 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Yeah, sorry if my character screwed the numbers up. I'd be happy to add a Light Mage if there was one more spot open...

Grimpunker96
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:36 pm

I also noticed that my spell link is the only one with specified powers. I really hate that the other two don't have people they serve yet or specified powers because that could lead to: "Well, my person has the power over time... Therefore, if you try to attack them they can just go back into the past and negate your attack." But that would probably be something that anyone would call someone out on. Do powers get to develop in this role play for characters or something as we go along?

DragonWriter
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Also... Does anyone notice the gender imbalance there are more guys than girl characters. Speaking of girl characters has anyone ever tried to go on the internet and find images for anime girl characters that appear to have brown skin tone? You cannot really find them nor guy characters I've tried and it's really a shame.

DragonWriter
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimpunker96 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:43 pm

I would assume so, because I think they would'a put it in otherwise.

But yeah, anyway. I agree with you with the 4 VS 2 thing. Think about all theses animes out there. The group of heroes are pretty much always a low number. You got Soul Eater with (originally) three, Naruto with (originally) three (unless you count Kakashi),, Kekkaishi with two, three in the middle. The only one I could think of with more than three is Bleach.

Grimpunker96
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:46 pm

You all should try reading 1/2 Prince or Fairy Tale. They have more than four characters at a time working together. In fact Fairy Tale has Fairy Tale guild members working against the main characters.

DragonWriter
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Okay in order:

I don't believe any of the black mages have taken to the whole time aspect and since they're the only ones who could have that option, we don't have to worry about the abuse of time. As for powers I'd assume you'd get better at them but that depends more on if you're brand new or if you've had like fifteen years to already develop. The former would develop more noticeably and the latter would probably not develop very quickly.

The gender imbalance isn't too bad at the moment being only 5:3 but yeah that might be something to acknowledge when adding another character. As for the dark skinned anime pics, they're less common but they're not too hard to find if you know where to look.

Lifecharacter
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:49 pm

The number of characters in this role play needs to be increased for both Magicians and Spell Links because I can sense this will be a popular role play if done right. It's got a decent plot to it you know. That's what I believe we should have twelve versus twelve magicians eventually. That would be fun.

DragonWriter
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:53 pm

Does anyone want to take a look at my forum called "The Origins of Magic"? It's about time travel and finding the source of magic in the world of Alluvial.

DragonWriter
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TikiStar on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:28 pm

It looks pretty interesting.. but doesn't seem to have any set up for any other characters...

I stilll need a mage... prefer male? but whatever - white mage or black mage would be fun :)

TikiStar
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arthurna on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:21 am

.・ヾ(。 ̄□ ̄)ツ
uh guys? I don't understand the main point of this looong discussion. Help?
I love you, Maria..
Azian, I feel for you.

Arthurna
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimpunker96 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:31 am

Basically, we noticed that there was more Black Mages than White, and were wondering if something should be done about that to make it fair.

...Wait, that was a rhetorical question, wasn't it? -_-'

Grimpunker96
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arthurna on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:41 am

( ̄へ ̄|||)
and I guess nobody worried about the lack of Spell-linker? (or are the mages don't need them?)

Arthurna
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TikiStar on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:44 am

lol yeah it sounds like a mage does need a spell-link, they don't have much power without.. :)

TikiStar
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimpunker96 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:54 am

Well, yeah, but this RP only got submitted today. But I have the same issue.

Grimpunker96
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NinaKerndall on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:29 am

Urrrrr. I could make a Spell-Link of any gender, it doesn't really matter. 8D But now there are two people who want SLs, so...uh...
----------
You walk through the mahogany door. The little girl inside stares at you with her iridescent violet eyes, emphasized by her rich indigo dress. Her caretaker hovers by your side, obviously flustered at your sudden appearance. You ignore her, as the girl's eyes bores into outer facade, and searches your heart, mind and soul. She reaches out a hand, probably realising you are not a threat.
Do you take it?
Will you take it?
Can you take it?
She's waiting...

----------

NinaKerndall
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:18 am

Everyone kinda needs an SL, so you probably shouldn't make any huge decisions based off of that.

Lifecharacter
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!