Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

Split Between My Mind [ Private ]

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Split Between My Mind [ Private ]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:13 pm

The room was a pasty white color, at least that's what his eyes told him. A soft pounding resonated in his head as he pulled himself up from where he lay on the hard mattress. He rubbed his eyes and tried to piece together what had happened before he had appeared in this new environment.

He was with his parents and they were explaining that they loved him and that it was the best for him to leave. The Police car and Ambulance waiting outside the house gave him a uneasy feeling which only increased with the arrival of two well built officers and a paramedic. His mind couldn't understand what his parents were doing, but the other part of his mind understood completely. Karl had appeared shouting abuse at the officers and making a sharp exit out of the back door, vaulting over the fence he ran down the alley way but was pounced upon by the two officers and was flung into the back of the ambulance and sedated.

Now he was awake he was back to his normal self, well as normal as could be. Swinging his legs over the bed Ali looked down at his arms, that were bandaged up to the elbow. The paramedics must have bandaged his arms when he was unconscious, Ali never harmed himself intentionally, it was Daniel's doing. Daniel seemed terrified of everything, the slightest sound, even new environments. Ali could hear him crying and whimpering softly as Ali walked around the room surveying the area.

The room was a decent size, a little bit smaller than his room at home. Looking at the window he tested it. Locked. Of course it would be locked what kind of place leaves a person alone with a window that opens. Running his hands through his hair Ali's hands trembled as Daniel appeared gripping his hair, he tested the window for his own reassurance. No one could get in but what if he couldn't get out? Daniel's breathing quickened as he went to the door trying the handle tugging and pulling at the door desperately. Pressing his ear against the door straining to hear the slightest sound, but nothing could be heard, either the door was too thick or people were to far away.

Daniel moved to the bed placing his hands under the frame attempting to lift the bed, to push it against the door but it wouldn't move. It was bolted down at the corners to the floor he moved to the bedside table but that wouldn't move either everything was stuck down to the floor, even the heavy looking wardrobe. What was this place? Pulling at his hair again he walked around the room searching through everything and finding nothing except for a small stamp on the inside of the beside table.

Property of University Hospital Coventry

A hospital? it was a hospital why was he at a hospital? He paced the room a few times rubbing his hands together and trying to pull of the bandages around his arms. Moving to the door again to see if he could hear anything, this time he could he could hear someone walking towards the door. Panic filled his chest and he looked around the room for a solution to escape, the window was locked, he could smash it but it was probably reinforced. He saw the only solution and acted on it he dived under the bed, pressing himself against the wall so nothing could attack him from behind he whimpered softly his hands clutching his hair as he watched the door. Praying that whoever entered would leave thinking that the room was empty, all he had to do was be quiet he was good at that.
~There's only now, there's only this, forget regret, or life is yours to miss~ - RENT

~ If at first you don't succed, Destroy all evidence that you tried ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Split Between My Mind [ Private ]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleMissGeorgia on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:45 pm

"He's seventeen," the doctor told Hannah, handing his notes to her. She took them, quickly taking in the information before her. "He was brought in by police and paramedics after his parents called for help."

Hannah nodded gratefully, but in reality, she wasn't grateful at all. Her shift was supposed to have ended ten minutes ago, but because she was an intern, she found herself pushed into the unsocial hours, doing all the jobs no one else wanted to do. This boy just needed the initial admin, name, date of birth, that kind of thing, before he got a full psych examination later on. And so someone, up the chain, had decided this was the unimportant job they could force an intern into doing. Hannah had been on a psych rotation at University Hospital Coventry for just under a month now, and she was exhausted.

Honestly, this was the last thing she wanted to be doing right now. It had already been such a long day. She'd had to be in for six o'clock this morning to dress the patients who were so damaged they were far too catatonic to do so themselves. Then she'd sat in on a therapy session and gone round with an attending doctor who was writing out new prescriptions. Other various arbitrary tasks such as cleaning, fetching and carrying and paperwork had been handed out to her in between. So far today had had obscenities shouted at her, been spat at, slapped and scratched by various patients who didn't seem to like the sight of her. All Hannah wanted was to go home and go to sleep, but apparently she had other plans.

She glanced up at the CCTV, watching the boy, pacing the boundary of the room as though he was searching for a way out. He was pale and looked no older than his seventeen years. His brown hair was cut messily round his face, but it looked unkempt. His arms were bandaged right up to his elbows and he pulled at them viciously. Her eyes quickly flicked back to the notes where she noticed the boy had been treated for suspected self-inflicted injuries to his wrists.

As she stood up, making her way towards the door, a burly man flanked her on her left. He was huge, towering over Hannah and dwarfing her. He looked as though snapping your neck inn two with his bare hands would be no more difficult than breaking bread. Thankfully, he was there to protect her, and for that, Hannah was grateful. She wouldn't have liked to be on the wrong side of him.

"He's hidden under the bed," she heard the attending doctor tell her from the door, now she could no longer see the CCTV. "Watch yourself, Hannah," he added. "If something doesn't feel right, just get out. Alan will handle the boy." Evidently, Alan was the name of the security she was being followed in by.

"Got it," Hannah replied, nodding, though the doctor couldn't see her.

Tentatively, Hannah pushed the door open, stepping through and into the room. She heard Alan close the door behind her and could feel his huge presence to her left.

"Ali?" Hannah said. Her tone was calm and professional, but not harsh, exactly as she'd been taught. "Would you like to come out? I've got a few questions that I need to ask you."

She played with the material at the bottom of her white coat, rolling into a small, tight cylinder in her fingers. She was nervous about this job. The whole atmosphere made her uncomfortable. She had long since concluded that she'd much preferred her rotation on Paediatrics, or Obs and Gynae. Hell, even her time in Gastroenterology had been more pleasant than this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LittleMissGeorgia
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:42 am

Ali Wilson

Daniel tried to remain as silent as possible but it felt like his heart was about to dive out of his chest and tap dance around the room. Letting out another soft whimper as his eyes looked at a pair of feet enter the room, he curled up tight into a ball his arms around his head, giving his hair another good tug for good measure. Closing his eyes he hoped that some invisible force would take this person away so he could be left alone, then she spoke.

"Ali?....Would you like to come out? I've got a few questions that I need to ask you."

His eyes opened at the sound of the voice, he was instantly relieved that there was a woman in the room, women were kinder, they understood people, they certainly wouldn't hurt Daniel. There was always potential for women to hurt him, they might hold a good enough masquerade, but it was about what would happen when the music stopped.

Daniel was confused by the fact she had called for Ali to come out, did she not know that Daniel was out and Ali was waiting to come out as soon as Daniel had calmed down which always took a while. He opened his mouth to speak but no sound came out, Daniel didn't speak that often, he spoke to Ali of course but speaking to other people was a challenge.

Opening his mouth he spoke his voice sounded scratchy and exhausted as if he had spent all of his time screaming, which he did really, there was a lot of things that Ali didn't know about Daniel he was good at hiding things. " I...I'm not Ali. I'm Daniel...it's safe..here..can't be seen" he moved forward to the edge of the bed his head appearing briefly to look around the room he focused on the woman, she looked young, possibly a few years older than Ali. Daniel's eyes looked to the man by the door, terror surfaced on Daniel's face and he retreated back under the bed mumbling softly to himself. " No..no..i'll be good...keep him away from me..please..please" he pulled at the bandages, finally finding a join which he teared apart and scratched desperately at the stitches and the scabs that had already begun to form. He began to relax as he watched the blood slowly trickle down his arm, he realised that the longer he stayed under the bed the man at the door might become inpatient and make a grab for Daniel. Scrambling out from under the bed leaving a thin trail of blood as he crawled quickly to the corner of the room, he held his hands up as if he was surrendering to an unseen force. " I'm out..okay...I'm out now...Don't come closer, please. Please" he said he voice squeaking as if he was about to burst into tears. He gripped his hair pulling it as he looked around the room.

Ali was doing the best he could to try and calm down Daniel, explaining that he would come out now and talk to the woman and would make sure that the man didn't touch him. Even though it was Daniel who was protecting Ali, Ali could never find out. Ali was seventeen, Daniel was fourteen, Karl was 18 and the youngest Josh was only 10. All of them helped Ali in one way or another but it was what they all were hiding that kept Ali safe.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleMissGeorgia on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:26 pm

" I...I'm not Ali. I'm Daniel...it's safe..here..can't be seen," a hoarse, weak voice came from under the bed. Slowly, she saw a head peer out from the bed, eyes focusing on her. She met his gaze with kindness, and what she hoped was confidence, in an attempt to reassure him. He looked so afraid, his eyes wide in childlike fear.

Acknowledging his words, Hannah quickly glanced down at the notes in her hand, doubling checking the name. No, his mother had confirmed when he was brought in, Ali Wilson. Her mind was already quickly pulling out a number of possibilities for what was wrong from her years studying the conditions. She scribbled something in one of the empty boxes on the notes. But when she she looked back at him, his gaze had shifted from her to the security guard behind her. He was mumbling to himself, scrambling away from her, pulling at the bandages one more, until they split open and blood ran down his arm.

Behind her, the security took a step towards her. Hannah immediately turned to him, shooting him a gaze. She shook her head at him and he hesitantly took a step back once more. The last thing she needed was for him to scare the boy. Why was it that men always seemed to think women needed to be protected? She could look after herself perfectly fine, and he was more of a hindrance than a help. Unfortunately, hospital policy dictated that until the patient had been deemed safe, she couldn't be with them without the presence of someone to protect her.

She watched the boy struggle out from under the bed, holding his hands up to her, almost in surrender.

"I'm out..okay...I'm out now...Don't come closer, please. Please," he begged her tearfully, his voice cracking. He tore at his hair with his hands, eyes flicking round the room in a panicked fashion.

"You've got nothing to worry about, Ali," she used his given name. You never helped reinforce a patient's delusion. That was the first rule "No one's going to hurt you. I'm just here to help," she promised calmly.

She glanced down again, checking her notes again. She wrote something else down. Blood trickled down his arms now. Though the amount there wasn't enough to do him any serious damage, it would need rebandaging, and more effectively this time. And she made another note on the paper to have someone come in a cut his nails, so he would find it harder to tear away the bandages.

"I'm Doctor Lancedon. I'm an intern here at University Hospital Coventry," she told him, hoping offering details about herself may inspire him to have some trust in her. "Why don't you come and sit on the bed, so we can talk?"

Maybe she was pushing it here. Maybe she should just get the answers she needed to complete the form. But she couldn't bring herself to leave this boy shaking and shivering, afraid of everyone around him, feeling lost and without allies.

LittleMissGeorgia
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Ali Wilson

" You've got nothing to worry about, Ali....No one's going to hurt you, I'm just here to help." The voice was soft and it reminded Daniel of Ali's mother when she would comfort Daniel thinking he was Ali.

Daniel shook his head quickly his hands running through his hair twisting it tightly, then returning to scratch at the bandages. He rocked back and forth slowly, his eyes closed as he tried to imagine himself away from this place, away from the fear. Daniel opened his eyes briefly to watch the man take a step forward and Daniel desperately tried to move back, but with his body pressed against the wall there was no where else he could go except for going under the bed again. But now his hiding place had been discovered it was pointless to go their again.

He spoke again looking at the woman, his voice still broken and squeaked in place " I am not Ali... I'm Daniel...Daniel" he said hitting his chest with the palm of his hand a few times to emphasize who he was. It seemed to bother all of the personalities when other people thought that they were Ali, but Karl was the one to watch out for he could knock you out with one punch before you even had a chance to speak.

Daniel looked around the room again his eyes focusing on the man at the door, why was he there? Daniel would never hurt anyone else himself and Ali would certainly not want to harm anyone. Karl would more likely have a good try and hurting someone and would sometimes succeed. Most of the time Karl was held back by Ali block of barriers it was only if he was threatened or in a dangerous situation that Karl would come out to play.

Looking back at the woman as she spoke Daniel nodded quickly deciding it would be best to co-operate with the woman, it seemed that Ali did a good job of comforting Daniel but really it was Daniel comforting Ali as he felt uneasy.

"I'm Doctor Lancedon. I'm and Intern at University Hospital Coventry, Why don't you come and sit on the bed, so we can talk?"

Clearing his throat Ali spoke this time his voice sounding softer and more clearer than Daniel terrified one, he looked down at his arms confused as to what Daniel had been doing. Sighing softly Ali pressed his hand against the bleeding cut wincing as he did so, he stood up and walked to the bed. He would often clear up Daniel's bloody mess, even if Ali had removed any sharp objects from his room Daniel would go in search for something else and hide it very well.

" It's nice to meet you Doctor Lancedon I'm Ali. I do have to apologize Daniel can get very scared sometimes, being in a brand new place with new people doesn't sit well with him." he explained as he sat down crossing his legs underneath him. " I know why I'm here, my parents think I'm crazy" he said as he leaned against the wall. " I mean if they had talked to me without the police being there, i probably would have come on my own and Karl wouldn't have got so angry and got me into this mess"

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleMissGeorgia on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:09 am

" It's nice to meet you Doctor Lancedon I'm Ali. I do have to apologize Daniel can get very scared sometimes, being in a brand new place with new people doesn't sit well with him."

Hannah was startled slightly by the dramatic change. Ali no longer cowered, shaking as though he was convinced the whole world and everyone in it was against him. He was sitting up a little straighter and his voice, though still scratchy, was clearer and gentler. He no longer sounded utterly terrified, as he had been previously. The switch was rapid, and almost dizzying, but she took it within her stride. She shifted slightly, wondering if this was the calm before the storm. In her peripheral visions she could see the security guard still stood, watching everything, waiting to jump in and help her at a moment's notice, if she needed it. For a second, she was grateful for his presence. If this was all a facade, as she knew many patients she'd worked with before to do, just to pull her in before he tried something to escape or attacked her. She remained cautious, not getting any closer to him, but she did not allow it to show in her face.

"I know why I'm here, my parents think I'm crazy. I mean if they had talked to me without the police being there, I probably would have come on my own and Karl wouldn't have got so angry and got me into this mess."

Hannah quickly struck through something in her notes, and then circled her what she thought was her most likely diagnosis, scribbling some things under it:

Ali Wilson

Split personality? 3?

Daniel - Frightened. Childlike?
Karl - Dangerous?
Ali (own) - Clear. Grip of reality?

"I see," she replied, acknowledging what he'd said. "And what exactly is this mess?" she asked with interest, in an attempt to get a clear response. Clearly, this boy was very sick, but if she could try and get and get some clear responses from him, she could get this job done and go home. And the more truthful responses she could get, the better. And so speaking with genuine interest might prompt him to be more honest with her.

Evidently, her attempts to get him to sit down and simply answer a set of questions wasn't going to work. She was going to have to drop them into conversation. First, she needed to see if he had a sense of what had happened, where he was and what was going on. Then she needed him to confirm the personals, date and place of birth, full name, address and the like. Her notes and observations would be useful to whoever was doing the Psych evaluation. Maybe they would let her do it, if she did a good enough job with this? Any extra experience she could get would be a benefit. Besides, she felt as though maybe she really could help this boy. She may all just be an illusion of his illness, but she already felt as thought she'd got through to him a little. She'd persuaded him out from under the bed, and managed to bring out the personality he stated to be his own.

LittleMissGeorgia
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Ali Wilson

" I see, and what exactly is this mess?"

The question stumped Ali, he didn't even know where to begin to attempt to answer the question given to him by the young doctor. It seemed that she was just as concerned about this situation as much as Ali was, this certainly eased Ali's worries about the whole thing since no one seemed to believe him.

Biting his lip in thought he tried to piece together what had happened before he woke up at the hospital confused and worried as to what was going on.

" If I'm totally honest with you I have no idea. I can't even start to explain what's been happening "

Ali began to sound defeated, as if he had explained this numerous times to many people. Which he had really. One night he told his parents that he had found a receipt for razors and couldn't find where the razors were since he didn't remember using them. His parents had ignored him assuming that he was just upset about something or even depressed, they didn't even care that there son had been buying razors, let alone forgetting where they were.

Ali took his hand off the cut to see if it had stopped bleeding, thankfully it had, he never liked the sight of blood. Especially his own but he had grown accustomed to it, clearing up his own blood was like waking up of a morning it came naturally to him now.This was the same for picking up toy cars and comic books left by Josh in his room, and broken furniture left by Karl during one of his moments.

Sighing softly he continued, " I know that I'm unable to remember certain parts of my day, places I've been, people I've talked too even people I've hurt of some occasions. I'm even sure that I've tried to commit suicide a few times, but its not me that's doing these things to myself. It's the people in my head." He paused to point at his head and run a hand through his hair. " Daniel will always try to hurt himself even if I'm telling him not too, Karl I can hold back pretty well. It's just if something ticks him off then i can't hold him any more and Josh just wants to play and have fun. He will just appear at anytime."

He looked around the room again and looked at the doctor " Are my parents mad at me? I did try to explain to them that I didn't know why these things were happening. but they didn't listen it was like they didn't even care. I mean once I found myself soaking wet in the bathtub with my arms bleeding in the water. Then my dad was pounding on the door for me to get out so he could use the shower. " Ali explained as he stretched his legs out moving his feet from side to side to stimulate the blood flow back into them.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleMissGeorgia on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:09 am

The boy didn't answer her immediately. He bit down on his lip thoughtfully, as though trying to drag up a memory from the very back corner of his brain, or find something that was just out of reach. He looked confused by her words, and it showed in his face.

"If I'm totally honest with you, I have no idea. I can't even start to explain what's been happening," he told her defeatedly, inspecting his cuts. Then, he began to explain the personalities. She quickly struck through the number three, replacing it with a four, and added another personality to her list, and some more details:

Karl - Most controllable?
Josh - Youngest? Wants to play and have fun. Appears any time.

He told her it wasn't his fault, and he had a clear understanding of the separation between his personality and the others that had manifested in his mind. That was a positive sign, to Hannah, she realised. It was when a patient began to lose the sense of what was them and what was reality as it all merged into one mess, that things became particularly difficult to treat them. He also seemed to have a significant grip on reality, or, at least, his 'own' personality did. He knew that his self-harm was a negative and it was a danger to him. He seemed to understand that the personalities needed to be held back, and that they couldn't be there to hide behind. He did genuinely seem to want to get better, which would make their job easier... Although, what Hannah knew she always had to consider with people like him was that they were usually compulsive liars and adroit manipulators. They were wonderful at painting pictures of a false reality. They created an illusion, a façade like others could not, that would portray themselves and the world surrounding them to be just the way they wished it. It had an effect on people and caused them to feel a certain way about things. The exact way they had been intended to feel. She had to be careful not to make any judgements, because with these types of people, things were often just an illusion, intentional or otherwise.

"Are my parents mad at me? I did try to explain to them that I didn't know why these things were happening. but they didn't listen it was like they didn't even care. I mean once I found myself soaking wet in the bathtub with my arms bleeding in the water. Then my dad was pounding on the door for me to get out so he could use the shower," he asked her.

"I..." Hannah started, not sure how to answer. "I can't speak for your parents, Ali, but you being here does tell me that they're worried for you and they're trying to help. They want you to get better. We all do," she promised.

She glanced down at her watch. It was beginning to get late. Her eyes then flicked to her notes. "Can you tell me your date of birth, Ali?" she asked kindly.

LittleMissGeorgia
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:08 am

Ali Wilson

"I..." She hesitated as if she wasn't sure of an answer to give Ali. "I can't speak for your parents, Ali, but you being here does tell me that they're worried for you and they're trying to help. They want you to get better. We all do," she added almost giving Ali a promise, it almost sounded a bit fake to Ali, after all he did just wake up in this place and already a doctor is saying that she wants him to get better.

Rubbing his eyes a little he yawned slowly, he was getting tired. Controlling three different personalities really took it out of a person, sometimes Ali wouldn't sleep because of the the build up of voices in his head. Daniel would want to be awake so nothing could get him, Josh wanting to sleep so he could play tomorow and Karl would be trying to break through so he could plan his attack on the next person who walked through the door.

He could remember being told that at a sleepover he had got scared in the night and grabbed a knife and had held it to his best friends throat sobbing and screaming about something bad going to happen. Relationships hadn't really gone well for Ali, it seemed that the only scrap of relationships he had left was with his parents. His friends had deserted him, everyone at school avoided him even some of the teachers gave him a wide berth. But Ali was Ali at school Daniel stayed quiet most of the time and Ali could hold Josh and Karl back in his mind.

Looking over to the doctor she too looked as if she was getting tired, she looked at her watch and asked another question.
" Can you tell me your date of birth, Ali?"

Nodding Ali spoke " Yeah, it's the 14th of Febuary 1996"

He couldn't remember his birthday as well as he should do, he spent it at home with his parents and Josh had spent most of the day playing and building things. Just what he liked to do when he was surrounded by toys, he had a feeling that his parents must have knew something was wrong then. How many 17 year old boys suddenly regress into a ten year old and have no need to try on clothes, when clearly they just want the toys.

Running his hands through his hair again he huffed a heavy sigh, he looked down as his stomach gurgled. Of course he hadn't eaten for a while, he was grabbed by the police before he could even have dinner. Mealtimes were also a burden for Ali everyone had certain likes or dislikes but with all these people in his head it was more. Luckily all of his personalities had decided that they were meat eaters so that saved time when eating meals. But sometimes they all wanted different things when Ali himself was sitting down to a meal he would have to eat one thing first and then start on another.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleMissGeorgia on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Ali answered. Hannah quickly looked down at the notes and saw that what he'd said did in fact correlate with what she had written down for him. In this respect, he, firstly, knew and understood the truth, and also was able to tell it and not lie. This simple test alone didn't validate his sanity completely, and nor did it validate his integrity, but it all provided her with evidence for the future that the could use.

His birth date also put him at a young seventeen. He'd only had his birthday two months ago, he was barely seventeen. It seemed so young to have something so wrong with you. He had his whole life ahead of him, and he may not even get to live it because of his illness. Hannah thought back to herself at seventeen. She hadn't exactly been the wild parties, hundreds of boyfriends type, but she'd had prospects for sure. Hannah, at that age, had more been the type to sit at home and study. She'd wanted to be a doctor for as long as she could remember. It was her dream. But, she knew the only way she was going to get it was through hard work, and so that's what she did. So, maybe she'd allowed studying and work to take over her teenage years and perhaps she hadn't made the most of them, but at least that choice had been her decision. She'd had potential and prospects at that age. The world had been stretched out before her, and every opportunity had been hers. But this boy was caged, locked up in here, and locked within the confines of his illness. He didn't have those choices open to him, and for that, Hannah pitied him.

Ali sighed as his stomach gurgled. She knew she wasn't allowed to offer him anything to eat until his assessment, in case they needed to give him a medication that would clash with food. But she still felt guilty for having to make him sit here, locked in with nothing to each. Hannah then glanced at his arms, noticing the wounds were still open and hadn't stopped bleeding properly yet.

Very slowly and carefully, Hannah knelt down in front of Ali. The security guard watched her with concern. Obviously, it was him would would be deemed responsible if the boy hurt her. He probably though she was practically suicidal to be getting that close to someone like him, and she was certainly making the guard's job harder. But that was irrelevant to Hannah. She was here to do the very best for her patient, and no stupid health and safety regulations were going to stop her helping him.

Slowly, she lifted a role of bandages out from the pocked of her doctor's coat and a role of surgical tape, along with an antiseptic wipe. If she could get it cleaned up and rebandaged, it would probably last the night before it would need to be changed, if she did it right so it couldn't be torn away.

"May I?" she asked him gently, holding out the hand in which she held the tools in order to indicate what she meant.

LittleMissGeorgia
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Ali Wilson

"May I?"

The question was so confusing and yet so simple, any normal person would be glad of help from a doctor. Ali wasn't and ordinary person, he had to allow the doctor to dress his wounds. As well as comforting Daniel who recoiled at the mere thought of being touched by someone he didn't trust. Trust was very hard for both Daniel and Ali, Daniel was worried about something bad happening to him and Ali was just worried about trusting people.

He was also having an inner battle with Karl who was trying every trick he knew to make Ali break down the barier between Karl and the rest of the world. It was always easier for Karl to break out when Ali was tired or his mind was on something else. Karl could always trick Ali all together and just break out just to have his own fun.

Ali had let his guard down once before at school and Karl happened to make an appearance during an important school exam, he started shouting and tipping over tables. His parents thought it was stress and the school even offered some counseling for Ali to talk about his problems, his parents turned it down really thinking that there son was just acting out.

Looking down at the bandages Ali nodded quickly, his eyes closed and his hands clenched into tight fists shaking with anger, the familiar buzzing in his head signaled that Karl was on the move.

Karl chuckled to himself, a deep voice emerged out of Ali.

" That's a good question Doc but i'll have to reply in an action" Karl said giving a crooked smile from the corner of his mouth.

Lunging forward he grabbed the bandages unraveling them quickly, wrapping them around her neck he pulled the doctor forward and whispered harshly into her ear. " you can't help him, either way he's never going to be safe for society even if you drug him up like a horse" pulling her up he swiveled her around tightening the bandages once more he held onto her tightly with one arm and the bandages wrapped tightly around his hand.

Giving a dark look to the security guard he spoke " tell monkey boy to open the door, we are going to take a nice stroll out of the front door and then i won't stop your breathing with one tug. It'll be so easy too, just one little tug the slightest little bit of pressure on your neck and bye bye Doctor Lancedon" he moved forward to the door and continued speaking his deep voice sounding almost proud of what he just did.

" You know i'm almost disappointed you'd think that a young smart girl like you would know not to give a patient the opportunity to cause harm to others. What do they teach you kids when your at university? you know that Ali likes you? He really wants to get all of these voices out of his head, that's what he tells that little brat in his head all of the time. It's sort of sad really." Karl explained he wanted to be out all the time that's why Ali spent most of his energy keeping Karl under lock and key. Karl liked to kick back sometimes just to let Ali think he was holding Karl back when really he wasn't.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:38 pm

* bumpage*

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Bump please I know you might be busy and/or hate me right now

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!