Announcements: RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Universe of the Week! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Week Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary » The Political Compass » Song Covers » The Truth of Gung Fu »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. » The Children of Ash (Multiverse) » Chronicles of Cre' Est Players Wanted! » Forgiveness - Romantic Drama RP, One Role Open! » Adventurers wanted for the Gala-Dor Expedition »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

Stand By Me

Stand By Me: OOC

a part of “Stand By Me”, a fictional universe by Scarlett_Rose.

Stand by me is a interactive role play in which the characters create the plot. They start of a children and over time create bonds,have adventures, and discover themselves through one another.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Stand By Me”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Stand By Me: OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Official OOC for accepted role players only. Here is where we will discuss ideas and characters, as well as talk. Yay, let's be friends!!! :D...Too much?
Questions,Answers, and Rules
Stand By Me: A role play based on life

Welcome to the neighborhood

Played By: Scarlett_Rose
Aidan Theodore Boyer
Sex:Male
DOB: April 22nd
Mother: Abigail Marie Jackson-Boyer
Father: Joesph Lucus Boyer
Siblings: Emmaline Amelia Boyer

Emmaline Amelia Boyer
Sex:Female
DOB: December 31st
Mother: Abigail Marie Jackson-Boyer
Father: Joesph Lucus Boyer
Siblings: Aidan Theodore Boyer

Played By:lovechanningforever
Madeline Fowler
DOB:
Mother:Hannah Fowler
Father:Owen Fowler
Siblings:None

Played By:Snipergirl24
Kelsy Trenton-Reese
DOB:April 16th
Mother:Glenda Marie Trenton and Tammy Dale Reese
Father:None

Played By:Colonel_Masters
William Flint
DOB:
Mother:
Father:
Siblings:Three

Played By:LEON21
Ian Orville Summers
DOB:July 3rd
Mother:Irina Summers
Father:Owen Summers

Played By:ARADIA
Jason Christopher Sinclair
DOB:October 31st
Mother:Hollis Annabelle Fisher-Sinclair
Father: Richard Michael Sinclair

Played By:ERIK7622
Richard Matthew Barlow, Jr.
DOB:January 22nd
Mother:
Father:Deceased

[center]I figured out grades by going by birthdays and figuring out how old they would be by the month we are straying in. If you have a problem with the grade you are in, I can fake it and change it. Doesn't matter to me.

As kids:
Halloween
Christmas eve/day
-A little bit of school time...maybe just a scene of recess.
New Years
Summer

Time skip seven years: Characters ages as of October
Juniors
Aidan Theodore Boyer: 17
William Flint: 17
Malachai James Harper: 17
Madeline Fowler: 17
Ian Summers: 17

Sophomore
Richard Matthew Barlow, Jr.: 16
Everleigh Arabella Turner: 16
Jason Christopher Sinclair: 15

Freshman
Maisy Cotton: 15
Emmaline Amelia Boyer: 14
Kelsy Lan Trenton-Reese: 14

As Teens:
Halloween
Christmas eve/day
-A little bit of school time...maybe lunch scenes.
New Years
Summer

Time skip one year: Characters ages as of May
Seniors
Aidan Theodore Boyer: 18
William Flint: 18
Malachai James Harper: 18
Ian Summers: 18

Sophomore
Madeline Fowler: 18
Richard Matthew Barlow, Jr.: 17
Everleigh Arabella Turner: 17
Jason Christopher Sinclair: 17

Freshman
Maisy Cotton: 16
Emmaline Amelia Boyer: 16
Kelsy Lan Trenton-Reese: 15
Graduation
Summer
-Club. I know some are too young...but honestly it IS possible to get in at a young age if you know the right people
Halloween
Christmas eve
New Years

Age skip to adult TBK

Everything is subject to change. It is not permanent, and further discussions can be made to change things.
Last edited by Scarlett_Rose on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Stand By Me: OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:29 pm

So...I got accepted? I guess? Awesome!

Hi y'all, I'm Erik. I love Rush, playing my bass, and writing stuff.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Erik7622
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leon21 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Hey everyone ^^ I'm Leon, but feel free to make up some sort of nickname for me. I like writing, photography, and drawing (although I'm nowhere close to being a good artist). Playing flute, designing clothes, and modeling could probably be considered my life (yay for being a guy who plays flute, designs clothes, and models :D). I suppose you could consider school as part of my life too, though, considering it eats up every spare moment of my time xD

Leon21
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Now that i am sober again i think i can risk posting things lol

I am Colonel Masters of the 27th Kamikaze highlanders heavy underwater artillery regiment.

What do i like? hmm i guess i like writing but i am a setting freak so i tend to get carried away with creating a world rather then making a story sometimes. I enjoy British comedy from before the dark times which befell it, music which varies from Jazz&swing and 50's and 60's rock&roll to Imperial German military marches and the red army chore, cats, strategy games like hearts of iron and Roleplaying computer games like Fallout 3 and Oblivion, Anime and especially my current favorite sword art online, playing the trumpet and singing, acting in theater and voice acting, modding games such as Hearts of iron and (hopefully) Fallout at some point, playing with card games and lego bricks and history.

is there anything more you would like to know?

On a more serious note... lets please try to make this work! :)

Colonel_Masters
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aradia on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:38 pm

I'm so extremely happy right now because I was accepted! c: Hi guys! I'm Aradia and my timezone id GMT +8, just in case anyone is curious. I'll be playing Jason Sinclair and I hope to see this roleplay to the very end! Uhm...some facts about me? I love the font Arial. I think it's prettiest font out of the default fonts pre-installed into every computer and you'll find me using it almost all the time. You guys seem so talented that I'm intimidated. I can't act or sing or play an instrument well (I have a love hate relationship with my piano) but I'm kind of a huge nerd. I love comic books and reading stories consumes a lot of my free time. I also love manga and anime, though I prefer manga because of the detail in it. I'm currently in love with Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima. I also have a weakness for Marvel movies and anything made by Tim Burton.

Aradia
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Hiya! I'm Gina and probably half way across the world from you. I'm a Filipino and I mostly post during weekdays, I rarely go online during weekends.

Oh and a heads up, I'll be gone from Wednesday to Sunday next week but I'll do my best to post from my phone. Hopefully it would allow me. So if in case you see stupid posts during those days then you know the reason.

So going back to me, I absolutely love roleplaying. I am also a part of another RP by Scarlett which is based on the A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire) which I am obsessed with (but I'm stuck on the third book).

Hmm what else, I love making characters that are out of the box like Madeline- I wanted to make the problem of bullying and low self esteem be apparent with her. I am quite bigger than the normal size but thank goodness I was really tough and never really got that bullied. If I was I have always fought back. And I do have to warn you that no- Maddie will not transform into a sexy and man eating woman when she grows up. She'll be the same plus size girl and she'll struggle for her mother's love all the same.

So any questions, feel free to ask me dearies.

lovechanningforever
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:29 pm

Awesome, most of you are here:D

Okay, I guess since I'm making all of you introduce yourselves I might at well.

I'm Scarlett_Rose, and role playing on sites has become pretty much become a passion for me. I started at thirteen to improve my writing skills, and have never looked back. It was actually a high school role play about a boy band that sparked my interest. It had a very basic plot, and was built around characters we made ourselves. The role play survived for about a year, and we even moved them through their adult years :D I'm hoping this can do the same!

In the past few months I have gotten over my problems with creating a role play, and I guess have become a new GM XD i have another role play based on Game of Thrones call Tale of Six Kings It's my child, and we are in desperate need of more players since we lost others (hinthint)

Sorry, anyway I have an obsession with anything Tim Burton, and will watch any movie with Johnny Depp.

Weekends I may not post very much, but you will get at least one post.

With that said on to the role play. We need to decided a few things
1) Where do they live? I wrote it off as a small town is the US, but was not specific. I like the idea in Twilight (actually the only idea I liked...sorry if there are any Twilight lovers) of something like Fork Washington.
2) Shall we start them off as friends or make introductions? I can easily have my characters mom have the girls over for a tea party and the boys over to play
3)Summer or school year?

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aradia on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Oh wow. Everyone who has posted here seems to be online. X3 I only just began watching Game of Thrones on HBO. I'm slowly getting hooked on it though so I will definitely look into that and maybe join in the future. Tim Burton lovers unite! c: Ahaha, I only got attached to the wolf pack in Twilight and mainly the members who weren't elaborated on. I like the idea of a small town like Forks, Washington. I wouldn't mind if it was Forks either. Other small town settings could be in areas like Upstate New York, Virginia, Denver, or Rhode Island? I don't know any specific small towns but, for reason, the setting of Skins US (a terrible remake of Skins UK) comes to mind. Or a small town like Beacon Hills in Teen Wolf (though I think the town may be fictional) and Rosewood in Pretty Little Liars (again, probably fictional). Erm, I fail miserably at locations.

I think it would be interesting to make introductions since it would kind of create some basis for them? If that made any sense. I like the idea of later looking back on how they all met. Given Jason's grandmother's nature, she would end up making Jason go on a play date. X3

I'm fine with either summer or school year! c:

Aradia
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:41 pm

For setting, I have half a mind to suggest a town in Wisconsin, simply because that's where one of my favorite novels of all time is set (The Story of Edgar Sawtelle). But I'm open for anyplace.

I don't care either way for summer vs. school year. I think introductions would be in order, as we'll have to figure out how our characters know each other anyway, so why not start from the beginning, y'know?

I'm afraid to say I don't watch Game of Thrones, but I do need to watch more TV shows. Right now the only one I'm watching is Clannad (at a friend's recommendation), but I'm telling myself to start watching Twin Peaks sometime. On the other hand, the bass part in Circumstances is killing me to learn, but it's tremendous fun to struggle with.

Is there a way to get us all into a chat room? Without using an external chat protocol? I think that might help, if we can all talk in real time (sorta).

Erik7622
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:42 pm

Once second, I'll set one up :D

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Oh! So we can! I was unaware we could! Most excellent!

Erik7622
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Go to the chat section on the actual roel play link. It's between activity and posting. One there click on "places in Stand by me: a role play based on life" (click)! I'm in it already

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:52 pm

@Aradia- lol yes, given that we are on the same country and same time zone.

And I forgot I am also obsessed with Gossip Girl (more of the book than the Series). And I'm sorry never been a fan of twilight. Oh and it saddens me that Kirsten Stewart and Rob Pattinson are back. Not because I want to see them apart but I can't believe he'd take her back when she pooped on his head.

Oh well, I'll stop ranting about that. How do I get to join that chat thing. The Chat place confuses me LOL.

lovechanningforever
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:55 pm

I'm not sure anybody knows how to make the Chat thing do anything other than fully public chat. >_<

Erik7622
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aradia on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Timezone buddies! They got back together? That's news to me. Same. I didn't actually think they would get back together. And you guys have to click on the top that says places in Stand By Me and then some small town in the United States. I think that leads you to the private one.

EDIT: For some reason, the chat won't let me type anything. :c My messages aren't going through.

Aradia
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:16 pm

Guys, the chat thing is too annoying. It's only a public thing, and honestly this is a lot faster to me. Is it okay to just discuss everything here? -_-

Edit* Erik you somehow got on the ignore list

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aradia on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm fine with just discussing everything here. The chat won't let me post anymore for some reason? I'm not sure. Maybe it's my internet connection. XD

Aradia
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Okay, now let me get what we have.

They will be in school (and obviously because of their age their all in the same one).

what town are we going for? I do like Forks (because it small and everyone knows one another)

Erik likes a town in Wisconsin

Edit: lovechanning and Erik are in the chat. I can walk you though how to make it work if you can't, just PM me

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aradia on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:15 pm

Are you guys still on the chat? I'm running errands so I'm on and off but I can try to get on it again?

Aradia
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:34 am

yo everyone. if the RPG chat doesn't work- scoot over here: http://us4.chatzy.com/17048925884882

lovechanningforever
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!