Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Star Trek Cold Front

Star Trek Cold Front (OOC)

a part of “Star Trek Cold Front”, a fictional universe by S1mon.

[Always Accepting] Following the destruction of Romulus, the Klingon Empire has destroyed the Romulan Star Empire. Now the Alpha Quadrant is in disarray as a Task Force is dispatched to keep an eye on the borders, but is there trouble over the horizon...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Star Trek Cold Front”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Star Trek Cold Front (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:52 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Star Trek Cold Front"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Last edited by S1mon on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account is no longer in use
[i]Should you have rp'ed with me in the past and wish to do so again, either new or continue an existing one, contact me on my new account

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

S1mon
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Star Trek Cold Front

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:12 pm

YES! I am so excited to see this up! Huzzah!

I still want to be the First Officer, of course. And...the Chief Science Officer. Why not? Yeah, the Chief Science Officer too please! If that's alright.

There is no War in Ba Sing Se

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anastasia's Arrow on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:22 pm

I can't even express how excited I am to see a Star Trek roleplay on here. :D Could I reserve the spot for Chief Operations Officer, please?

Anastasia's Arrow
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:26 pm

@Magus1108 - Great to have you, the spot of Chief Science Officer is yours :)

@Anastasia's Arrow - Chief Ops is yours :) and I know how you feel :) It's been looong overdue XD

S1mon
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Oh my gawd, I saw this and I was like "HUHHUHU! *GASP!**DEAD*" XD I have to admit, I am a COMPLETE Trekkie myself, no joke. I swear, I have five Star Trek pins on my lanner (I do not know if that's the right word) for my ID for school. :D My favorite one is the one that says "Highly Illogical" obviously, said by Spok and "Where no man has gone before." Oh gawd, I love this. Anyways, I'd like to know if I may snag a reserve at the Chief Engineer?
Rage & Pride
> [S] Cascade.
"This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols."
- Homestuck

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WendyDarling on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:01 pm

I'm going to reserve.... I think... the Chief Security Officer. AGH SO MANY CHOICES YOU GUYZ. But I am very excited that this is up and running! I had a great Andorian officer on Star Trek online, so I might use her or create a new one. I'm not sure yet. There are so many fun species options! Maybe a Trill.... *muchness of thinking*
"Wizards didn't kill ordinary people because a) they seldom noticed them and b) it wasn't considered sporting and c) besides, who'd do all the cooking and growing food and things. "

WendyDarling
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Hmmm. Sorry to change my mind but could I take the Chief Medical Officer instead? I'd rather take that over the Science Officer, if that's alright.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C17H21NO4 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:08 am

I love Star Trek, but I am horrible at science of things, so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind me being a chief. :3
And wondering if you needed a Q. Ever Spaces ship needs one. lol.

C17H21NO4
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:51 am

@Rage&Pride - Awesome to have you here :) Chief Engineer is yours and I'm guessing you mean lanyard, I have them at my college too though no one likes wearing them, why can't we just wear combadges =] Anyhow, relying on you to keep us smooth sailing ;)

@WendyDarling - Indeed so many choices, but have reserved Chief Security Officer and can't wait to see which you decide and come up with :)

@Magus1108 - Position of Chief Medical Officer is taken, so did you wish to keep Chief Science Officer as your XO's secondary position or something else. I was thinking of adding an Intelligence Department like I've seen other star trek rpg's too which I avoided putting up since didn't want to load too many things up, but maybe Intelligence would be to your characters' liking, it's a mix between Operations/Security where they are the ones who do research and some officers in the department are linked to Starfleet Intelligence, probably not the case for your character but maybe an officer under you in that department. Just an idea =]

@C17H21N04 - Okay to address the Q first, such would be a guest character when there is a mission that involves one, same with villians though thinking of just having mini-apps for them in the OOC area. As for being 'horrible at science of things', don't worry about, it's more of a bonus rather than a necessity since we learn as we go on and in it together, and if you don't fancy chief, you can always work as an assistant chief because after the officers have their meeting and dismissed, they would be pretty much working alone with NPCs unless different departments are partnered up. There is also the option for cadets, an option I think I may take for my second character, cadets are pretty fun. I took up a cadet character on another star trek roleplay but he wasn't as involved as I had hoped so certainly want to get cadets involved if we have any. Some things you can find out online but if not, can ask away here and we can try and answer for you also :)

S1mon
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:12 am

Having my second character being an intelligence officer sounds perfect, actually, for what I have in mind! Great, I'd like that then! So, what would his/her position be titled? Chief of Intelligence Operatiors? Or just Chief of Intelligence...?

And if you don't get anyone to claim Chief Science Officer, I wouldn't mind having my XO fill in that position too.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anastasia's Arrow on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm slowly, but surely, getting my character done. Is it alright if I have her in by tomorrow sometime? (possibly the next day, but I think I'm close enough to being done for that to be unnecessary.) I have a test that I desperately need to study for. Yaaaaay school. Anyways, I'm excited to have my Bajoran Chief of Operations up soon! :)

Anastasia's Arrow
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:37 am

@Magus1108 - It would be Chief of Intelligence :)

@Anastasia's Arrow - Can't wait to see her :) Good luck for your test ;)

S1mon
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Sorry I'm taking so long with me character. I'm having a hell of a hard time looking for a race *Star Trek Races...there's sooo many...* that, and then there be the wreathed building in which they impression people and call them 'students' in a building for about 8-9 hours a day. Anyways...It'll be up later today, tomorrow if not. *Tryna' choose between Xyrillian and Trill....hardest decision I've ever made...*

Rage&Pride
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:21 am

Hey, just so you know S1mon, I'm having trouble logging in at home onto RP Gateway. I'm trying to work out the issue with Gateway Support, but in the meantime, I won't be able to get on to the site when I'm home. Though hopefully the issue will be fixed later today, ideally. We'll have to see.

In case it takes awhile, though, I just thought I'd let you know that it might take me awhile to get my second character up. Hope that isn't a bother.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paintpoint on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Id like to reserve the Marine Commanding Officer pretty please and thank you. I'll have a character sheet submitted by tonight...Hopefully

Paintpoint
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:01 pm

And I no longer have trouble logging in at home! I've also finished up my Chief Intelligence Officer, too. I hope he's to your liking! It was very fun creating him. Seeing a Cardassian on a Federation ship ought to be interesting.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:32 am

@Rage&Pride - I'm sure whatever you come up with will be brilliant! And don't worry about your profile being up since I myself haven't got mine up yet *head in shame* so when it's done, it's done :)

@Magus1108 - Thanks for the update and having a Cardassian on board will be pretty interesting. I'm afraid I do not recall the name of the Cardassian on DS9 since not watched it for awhile, but he had quite a time adjusting. Regarding characters however, am thinking that I should maybe leave it open and not needing to be approved and just send pm's if any problems, think that may help things.

@PaintPoint - Awesome work and glad to have you aboard, literally XD

Ranks - http://www.bcentral.f9.co.uk/serenity/d ... ranks.html

^ The above to help when deciding rank, divided between starfleet and marine since the marines have different ranks.

We certainly have filled up nearly all of the chief position, so now need to find some officers in those departments. Will have a thread up so that each department head can set some NPCs up in their department which new players may wish to take later on.

@Magus1108 - http://www.startrekfreedom.com/wiki/ind ... tary_Ranks - This should help with Hannam's earlier history when she was serving the Empire.

S1mon
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belynta on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:20 am

May I please reserve the second officer? And as the only chief position left I would like Chief flight, if that's okay.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Belynta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belynta on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:04 am

Decided to go for second officer and wing commander. I have submitted character and I hope you like!

Belynta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:00 pm

@Belynta - Welcome aboard, I look forward to see what Cersei, I mean Virana, can do :)

@WendyDarling/Paintpoint - Hope you guys don't mind, but seeing as you both had Chesapeake in your service records and since Anthony would have a security background, with security/marines working together here and there, I have Anthony at the end of Tyvya's service on the Chesapeake and at the start of Harper's service on the Chesapeake also as felt it would be good to establish links early on, not saying these are super strong links but just that the Captain wouldn't be a total stranger since he used to be in the same job (or same sorta job in Harper's case) before.

S1mon
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!