Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

A Step to Power - }{G Rebirth

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

A Step to Power - }{G Rebirth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:57 pm

Guard - Sir, we're coming in for a landing.

Good, has the press been notified to meet me at the bay?

Guard - Yes Sir, they're all awaiting your arrival.

A gentle nod from Wind signaled the end of the conversation as the gentle rumblings of the shuttle beneath his feet signaled it's descent. The opening of the shuttle doors was welcomed by the screaming voices and camera flashes before Wind's appearance sent a hush over the crowd. Wide eyes cast their glance upon the form of Derek, or was it...? The guards began to push their way through the crowd, leading Wind to a massive podium sat before a large group of soldiers.

When I was younger, my father would always give me one piece of advice, and I find that it still holds true today. "Everythin'll be better tomorrow, if we can make it through today." Well, today is a new day and with this new day, we welcome our new leaders. I will be standing as Colony L5's current leader and I hope that the rest of you will stand with me. Do not take my position here as somethin' of force. Our leader, Sinful Soul, is doing what he plans will be best for us during these trying times.

My friends, I come to you today jus' like the other leaders of the Colonies, a beacon of hope. This is the day for us to fly our flags and stand proudly to proclaim our freedom. Freedom that has been won through bloodshed and battle. Freedom that no one will ever strip from us as long as breath fills our lungs. I ask you today, who is willing to place that freedom at risk? Certainly not I, and hopefully not you. Yet, I hope that you place your hope in me, that my ability will be enough, joined with the other Colonies, to stand firm in our claim that we will not be threatened by the appearances of mobile suits on earth!

No, we will do what needs to be done! If for some reason Earth believes they can frighten the mighty Colonies by waving around a single mobile suit, we will laugh! So, people, I ask this one thing of you, not to stand behind me, but with me! Help me to do what must be done for the protection of your homes, and your family's homes.

Thank you.

Wind steps down from the podium, his adrenaline pumping violently as the guards lead him off to another private car, the door already open.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:56 pm

Wind glances outwards across the peaks of the buildings from his overlook, his hands clasped at his back. His hazel eyes narrow as they scan the farthest reaches of his vision. He turns about, his right hand snaking from about his back to flick on the screen against the wall, watching as his speech is relayed across the Colonies and Earth as well. He reaches upwards with his right hand to straighten the cowboy hat atop his head as he nods lightly at his words.

Ah, so much work to do. The question is, where exactly to begin?

Wind steps forwards before taking a seat against the plush leather chair behind his desk. Wind thumbs over a few files, searching out of curiosity what they held about Derek until something specific caught his eye.

Iness Hell.....Possibly destroyed?......Where are you now..?
Last edited by The Southern Wind on Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:36 pm

Wind continues to thumb through files on his computer, this time settling on one. The blueprint of the mobile suit before him was a drastic change from it's predecessor. The drastic change of power plants would increase his suit almost ten fold, only in order to power the massive engines.

They'll never be prepared for us, Deathscythe X...

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.