Stereotype Me and I'll Do The Same: High School [OPEN]

a topic in School-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Stereotype Me and I'll Do The Same: High School [OPEN]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:02 am

Although many people try and break stereotypes, they are very unsuccessful and just create new stereotypes. This is high school and stereotypes are rampant. Which stereotype are you? Pick one and have fun with it!

The groups:
The cheerleaders
The jocks
The band geeks
The thespians
The loners
The goths
The geeks
Last edited by bigaleeboo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bigaleeboo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Stereotype Me and I'll Do The Same: High School

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:07 am

When it comes right down to it, Lily Parker fits her stereotype perfectly. She is the cheerleader. Currently a junior, Lily is sixteen years old and holds a spot on the Eaton High School Varsity Cheerleading Squad, which placed in the top five Coed Cheerleading Squads last year at Nationals. The stereotypical blonde hair, athletic build, and blue eyed beauty with a perfect smile found her place in the cheerleading world when she was ten and is not planning on leaving it. Although sometimes Lily is an airhead, she does not struggle in school as much as people might think. Managing to maintain a 3.8 GPA, Lily successfully balances her social life, cheerleading and studying. Lily is a hard worker who accepts nothing but perfection and has been pushing through an ankle injury over the last few months in order to keep competing and cheering. Able to combine advanced tumbling and difficult stunts into her cheerleading, Lily’s mind is set on becoming captain next year and rounding out her high school career with a successful season. Although at times Lily is the typical backstabbing girl, she is trying to be a little nicer this school year, which is in its third week, which may be a problem because so many students already have their own idea of who Lily is. Will Lily be able to make some new friends? Lily is currently sitting in homeroom, flipping through the latest Seventeen Magazine, her must-have reading. She is wearing denim shorts, black flip-flops and a maroon tank top. She sweeps her bangs out of her face with her freshly manicured nails and waits for people to arrive.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bigaleeboo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Stereotype Me and I'll Do The Same: High School [OPEN]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitara Turner on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:32 am

Jacie is a gothic girl who does everything in her power to make everyone see that there is more to people than meets the eye, trying to prove that the stereotypes of the school are not necessarily true. She is a good looking girl, with defined and angular features, flawless skin and large eyes with long eyelashes. she has been there for about three months and many of the extracurriculum groups want her in their groups but she doesn't want anything to do with any of that. In order to get them to leave her alone she tried to avoid everyone, succeeding in becoming one of the loners, but soon evolved into the goths domain as her life took a dramatic turn and she tried to take her own life, very nearly succeeding if it hadn't been for her next door neighbour who she became extremely close to. that fact set her appart from everyone else, they no longer wanted her as a friend, no one wanted an emo. Her life seemed to dissolve around her, living day by day not really caring. she manages to stay in the top of her classes without trying but her biggest problem in her eyes is the cheerleaders. they all think they are so much better than her..she mused as she walked into homeroom. there sat lily. Jacie narrowed her eyes and took her place in the far left corner of the room, closing her eyes and wunning her black painted fingernails along her denim jeans, her nails so sharp that she cut through the denim into her flesh, eyes opening to glare at Lily, the representative of everything she hated.
http://midnight-lotus.com needs you! Please, join our small community xx

Kitara Turner
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:36 am

(Thanks so much for joining! I really, really appreciate it!)

A small chill ran down Lily's spine, she felt as if someone's eyes were upon her. Her blue eyes looked up from the magazine and she quickly gazed back towards Jacie, who was sitting in the far left corner of the room. The girl was just looking at Lily, just staring... "Weirdo," Lily said with a roll of her eyes as she returned to her magazine.

bigaleeboo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:53 am

(Gonna head to bed. I'll post as soon as I can tomorrow! Have a wonderful night and again, thanks for joining! We'll continue this ASAP! :D )

bigaleeboo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FanastyLife on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:54 am

Damion was stereotyped at this school as a "jock" he didn't really believed in stereotypes seeing as people always seemed to have more then one side to them but being the star quarterback of the football team which was pretty good considering he was just a junior but that got him cast as a jock. Damion at the school also does track but that is really just a hobby for him so that he can stay in shape and hang out with friends all at the same time. Damion was in some ways your typical jock but in other ways he was different, like most of the jocks at the school he had a muscular build , he was athletic , a flirt with the girls , he knew how to party and he was popular and rich and seemed to live the prefect life which wasn't exactly untrue because he really couldn't complain about his life. But unlike most other jocks he wasn't dump he actual had a 3.9 GPA and he didn't pick on other weaker kids he was actually an already nice guy. Today he was wearing a regular plain white t-shirt, a pair of black denim shorts , and a pair of white and black nikes. He was always wearing wrist bands a white one on his left arm and a black one on his right he had a Yankee hat but one of the teachers made him put it away or they threatened to take it and he didn't feel like getting into it with teachers today. He walked into class and went to back of the classroom he took out his book and pen and laid it on the desk and put his book bag on the back of his chair and waited for the other kids to show up.

FanastyLife
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitara Turner on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:56 am

)thats okay...no one has been replying to my usual roleplays and its always fun to have lots so theres at least one thing to look forward to. also I'm going to create a guy character coz it'll be interesting, kay?)

Jacie heard what Lily said and bit her lip to stop from lashing out. she had to control her temper or her aunt would hear about it and send her to the boarding school she had been sent to, an all girls finishing school.. the thought made her shiver. she was not going to some prissy boarding school ever if she could help it. Instead she let out a slight hiss and took out her drawing book and pencils, sketching an intricate picture of dragons and other mythological beings. anyone who saw her wouldn't expect her to draw such things, they'd think, death graveyards that sort of thing. but she did draw a graveyard once and won a prize for it in a competition, it had everyone she hated in it. she stood up and walked to the front of the room, chucking the picture into the bin when she was done, she hated it, it was too happy, too cheerful for the kind of mood she was in. as she walked past Lily she dropped a note on her desk.

[i]watch out blondie, someone's going after your dream of cheerleading captain
also, I'm sorry but some one's going after you boyfriend too, good luck{/i}

it read in small black spindly letters. Jacie really didn't want to be such a cold hearted person, she really liked Lily, which was why she had warned the girl.

Kitara Turner
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:54 am

(Thanks for joining FantasyLife!)

When Damion entered the room, Lily gave a small wave to him and a large smile. Of course they knew each other, he was a jock and she was a cheerleader, it was common sense. Then a note fell on her desk, she looked up, taking notice that the wierd girl, Jacie, had dropped it. Lily opened up the letter hesitantly and read the contents. "That's not true. Of course it can't be true. No,' she thought, 'Everyone knows it's my dream to be captain and he would never be interested in someone else," she thought before shooting a look, somewhat of a glare and somewhat of a questionable expression, at Jacie.

bigaleeboo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FanastyLife on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:20 pm

( No problem this rp looks like fun )

Damion had seen Lily wave at him and he gave a small wave back. Being on the football team he knew every cheerleader in the school but of course with them being at every game he would no them all by name. Damion saw Lily read a note on her desk he figured it was from some guy or one of her friends, but the expression on her face after reading the note made him think otherwise. He followed her eyes to see Jacie and he already knew whatever that note said was not good. He watched the two girls wondering if anything was going to happen.

FanastyLife
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:27 pm

(I hope this rp is fun! Eek! I don't like not fun rps...)

Lily clenched her jaw, trying to remain somewhat calm and composed. Eh, it was really not much use. She picked up her things and moved towards the back of the room, closer to both Damion and Jacie. She leaned over to Jacie, "What the hell?" She asked, in a snotty tone, "Who do you think you are, spreading rumors like this?" She asked.

bigaleeboo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FanastyLife on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Damion watched as Lily changed her seat she was closer to him then before but where she decided to sit made him worry. He felt that a girl fight could break out at any moment and that could be interesting to start the day out with but Lily wasn't just a girl, he knew her which meant if she started fighting he would have to break it up or at least some other jock would. He hoped they didn't start fighting because girl nails were sharp now a days and he did not need to get any scratch marks on him.

FanastyLife
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:10 pm

(I'll just pretend Jacie's ingorning Lily or something. ;) )

Lily took a deep breath, shaking off her bad attitude. 'Smile' she told herself. She turned to Damion, "Hey Damion, how are you doing?" She asked, trying to forget the note and her anger. She really wasn't an angry person, but when someone or something threatened her dreams, she wasn't going to just sit there.

bigaleeboo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FanastyLife on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:25 pm

Damion looked at Lily and smiled "Am doing good Lily .... how are you doing" he said looking at Jacie then back at Lily. Lily looked a little happier on the outside but she wasn't fooling Damion he knew something had been wrong and since Lily wasn't the type to get all angry at someone he knew it was something serious and not something she would have gotten over that quickly.

FanastyLife
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Lily thought for a moment, "I'm doing alright," she said with a wide grin. "How's practice?" She asked, knowing that the football team had been practicing extra hard recently for their first game against the school's rival school, Reed High School. It seemed like the beginning of school was difficult for everyone...

bigaleeboo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FanastyLife on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:48 pm

Damion thought about it then he said "Well its been hard coach has been doubling our practices and making them longer and plus am still doing track so by the end of the day am sore but if it helps us win the game against Reed then its well worth the pain" Damion smiled. The team had been working hard and with studying and practice by the end of the day Damion was in pain but he put his all into his teams and as long as the won he never really minded the pain.

FanastyLife
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:44 pm

Lily frowned a little when Damion mentioned how sore he was by the end of his day, "Yikes, that must be super hard but that's really amazing how you keep up with it all," she said, admiring his work ethic. "But I agree, in the end, winning is worth it all..." She said, somewhat day dreaming about a first place trophy.

bigaleeboo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FanastyLife on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:06 pm

"Well football will end up getting me into college hopefully so I give it my all better chance of getting a scholarship" . He really wanted to go to college and a scholarship seemed like the best way to get there. "Yeah and soon you should be head cheerleader so you must be excited getting to make up all the cheers and leading your squad into competitions" he smiled he knew that Lily had a good chance of becoming head cheerleader and he was rooting for her.

FanastyLife
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:36 pm

At the mention of head cheerleader, Lily frowned a little, "Yeah," she said, throwing a glance over to Jacie, "That's the plan... just hoping all goes well..." She said, a little nervous. She appreciated Damion's interest in it, though.

bigaleeboo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FanastyLife on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Damion nodded "Well the way I see it is your the cheerleader with the most experience so the only way your not getting head cheerleader is if you end up getting injured or it would just have to be something personal which in that case something is going on with in your cheerleading click" those were the only two ways Damion could see Lily not turning out to be captain of the cheerleadering squad because she was active in all the things the squad did like the car washes and pep rallies and she had the skill so he could come up with no other reasons in his head.

FanastyLife
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bigaleeboo on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:43 pm

"Well thanks, glad to know someone has some faith in me," she said thinking about what he said. Injury or something personal. Looks like both of those might be a problem... "I'll start praying that nothing happens," she said, somewhat joking but somewhat serious, she laughed nervously thinking about her ankle and the pain it caused her daily. 'Ignore it' she kept telling herself.

bigaleeboo
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!