Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Storm Warning - Remake [Open]

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Storm Warning - Remake [Open]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:23 am

Ten Years Ago
The Storm
It seemed like just another normal day. Everyone going about their normal lives, or at least what was normal for them.
And then it happened, the world went black.
The sun vanished, the moon going with it, and the glow of every star disappeared. Every flame sputtered and died, and electricity stopped working. All light was gone and there was only Darkness. Panic struck the world, no one knowing what was happening, and everyone waited with baited breath for their sudden blindness to disappear. As people sat in darkness there was also silence, as if whatever stole the light from the word had also stolen the sound.

And then there was a voice, calling out in the darkness to a select few, and when it fell silent once more the light returned.

Many tragedies occurred during and after the Storm and it wasn't until the world started to move on that it realized something had changed. A power had been awakened in the world, unlike any other it had ever seen.

The Change
The people who heard the voice in the darkness started gaining abilities usually only heard of in movies or books. People could suddenly lift a car with one hand or turn invisible. As more and more individuals appeared with mysterious powers, the government has begun issuing orders for anyone with powers to turn themselves in to enter a training program.

Crime and Justice took on a strange new twist as people used their abilities for selfish or evil purposes and at the same time heroes began appearing, helping the local law as vigilantes of justice.

The government struggled to get a grip on the sudden change in the world though very little worked until Project Iron Fist was started. Using the people with powers who had turned themselves in the government formed the first tactical, powered team and used it to start bringing in renegades.

Present Day
Storm Warning
It is the tenth anniversary of the Storm. The word has adjusted, for the most part, and the government has gotten a handle on the renegades. (Well, enough to put the public at ease.) Life has moved on, though now the government constantly has one team or another running around, trying to weed out the renegades.

Aurora City is a medium-sized metropolitan area where a rather large number of renegades have seemed to gather, to the point where factions have been made. Though one, which goes by the name Heavenly Flames, is fighting to protect the city the other, which call themselves the Tricksters, are constantly causing trouble.

Due to this and the increasing amount of Renegades the government has put the city on lockdown and has sent Iron Fist, their original and strongest powered team, to deal with the problem. Now, on this anniversary of the Storm, it is up to those who are willing to put their lives on the line to save their city from destruction.

Greetings!
I am Lost and this; *Points to invisible person next to me*, is DarK! Before I get started I would like to say that this is a remake that we've decided we want to try and do. To see the original roeplay please click the ink below.
https://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/storm-warning-season-one

Awesome! Now that that's out of the way let's get to the good stuff! Me and DarK are looking for 2 or 3 other dedicated roleplayers to join us in a long term roleplay. We really don't want it to die out so we will be keeping the group small, and full of active people.

This is NOT first come first serve. Each person will need to play AT LEAST two players, preferably in two of the different groups which are mentioned above and listed in the original rp. That being said we need people who are willing to put in the time and effort to keep this roleplay going.

Below you will find the code for a form and a character sheet. If you are interested in joining this rp please fill out the form AND the character sheet [Make the character sheet for one of the characters you would use in the rp]

Powers
Fire Manipulation - Reserved by DarKnight36
Metal Manipulation - Reserved by DarKnight36
Succubus Physiology - Reserved by Lostsoulsbleed (ME! =D)
Water Manipulation - Reserved by Lostsoulsbleed (ME! =D)
Earth Manipulation - Reseved by Iced Fire
Shapeshifting - Reseved by Iced Fire

Form
Code: Select all
[b]Characters[/b]: [How many Characters would you like to have?]
[b]Powers[/b]: [Each Character can have one power. You can reserve one power for each character you want to make here]
[b]Skype Name[/b]: [Put Skype name Here]
[b]Posting[/b]: [How often will you be able to post?]
[b]Posting Time[/b]: [Best time for you to post?]
[b]Time Zone[/b]: [Put time zone here so we plan posting sessions!]

Code: Select all
[Center][img]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg492/Lostsoulsbleed/ezgif.com-gif-maker%202_zpsw6zkch9a.gif[/img]

[b][size=125][color=#ThoughtHex][u]General Information[/u][/color][/b]

[b][size=125][color=#SpeechHex]Name:[/color][/size][/b]
{Full Name Here}
[color=#SpeechHex]"Character Comment"[/color]

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Nickname(s):[/color][/b]
[u]Please Have AT LEAST one[/u]
{Nickname Here}
[i]Brief Explanation[/i]
{Nickname Here}
[i]Brief Explanation[/i]

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Gender:[/color][/b]
{Gender Here}

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Age:[/color][/b]
{Age Here}

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Sexuality:[/color][/b]
{Sexuality Here}

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Affiliation:[/color][/b]
{Your Character's Team/Group Here}

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Occupation:[/color][/b]
Job(s) Here

[hr][/hr]
[b][size=125][color=#ThoughtHex][u]The Body[/u][/color][/b]

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Height:[/color][/b]
{Height Here}

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Weight:[/color][/b]
{Weight Here}

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Appearance:[/color][/b]
{Physical Description Here}

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Face Claim:[/color][/b]
{FC Here. Anime Only}

[hr][/hr]
[b][size=125][color=#ThoughtHex][u]The Mind & The Soul[/u][/color][/b]

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Personality[/color][/b]
{Personality description here. AT LEAST 1 paragraph.}

[hr][/hr]
[b][size=125][color=#ThoughtHex][u]The Gift[/u][/color][/b]

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Power:[/color][/b]
{Put Power Here}
[i]Explanation[/i]

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Limitations:[/color][/b]
[u]Have AT LEAST two, preferably three or more[/u]
{Put Weakness/Limitation Here}
[i]Explanation[/i]
[i]Explanation[/i]
[i]Explanation[/i]

[hr][/hr]
[b][size=125][color=#ThoughtHex][u]Biography[/u][/color][/b]

[b][color=#SpeechHex]History:[/color][/b]
{History Here. AT LEAST one paragraph.}

[hr][/hr]
[b][size=125][color=#ThoughtHex][u]Other[/u][/color][/b]

[b][color=#SpeechHex]Hex Codes[/color][/b]
{Speech Color Here} | {Thought Color Here}
[/center]

The Roleplay will be put up after some more people show interest
Last edited by Lostsoulsbleed on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Storm Warning - Remake [Open]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Posting: At least once a week. Most likely more depending on how often others post
Characters: 2
Powers: Earth Manipulation for the Heavenly Flames and Lightning/ storm calling for the Tricksters
Skype Name: I don't have Skype...

Will work on a cs and add it later
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:33 am

Iced could you please change one of those powers? I want to cap it at four elemental powers. We need some variety... Sorry =/

Also, would you be willing to make a skype?

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:58 am

Um I guess change the lightning one to shape shifting into animals...
I'm pretty dead set on the earth powers

As for Skype I don't really have the tech and room for it on my device...

Butterfly Effect
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Here is a link to the rp! People are welcome to start submitting characters! ^-^

roleplay/storm-warning-a-remake#introduction

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:35 am

i've been looking for an RP to get engrossed in. The last two or three I've joined die out before they start and it has always been because of the GM suddenly disappearing and/or losing interest. So you can imagine my weariness to make these huge CS and pour time into forming a character only to have them end up in the void immediately afterwards.

Now, a couple of questions. For those sheets do I submit them here or via PM or OOC? )If there's even room left since I see at least 6 spots taken up already. I'll check the OOC after this post so if one of the sheets is submitted there or if you have the answer to my question there then you don't need to answer.) Just in case you want the info like Iced Fire has given you then I'll go on ahead and put that below.

Spoiler: show
Characters: 2 if that's alright. I can do one as long as they're a baddie.
Powers: Heavenly Flames:Umbrakinesis. | Tricksters: Telekinesis
Skype Name: [I'll get back to you on that. I have only used Discord in the last few years so I don't remember my Skype info at the moment nor do i have it installed anywhere at the moment.]
Posting: [2 or 3 times a week. I'll primarily be keeping up with the flow of posting.]
Posting Time: [Either late at night or in the morning are my normal posting times.]
Time Zone: [Pacific]

VincentRayne
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:06 am

Hi, you can admit them here or in the roleplay which I have linked above ^-^
Also, as I have said above I really want to keep it at a max of four elemental manipulation powers so you can have two characters but you need to change from Umbrakinesis to a diffrent power =/

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:20 am

sorry for the late post. I was out of state at a family member's wedding. just got back. so i'll try to work on the second sheet and come up with a second power tomorrow for ya if it's not too late

VincentRayne
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Promethean Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:54 pm

Its all good and Not at all take your time ^-^ There are still other people who need to enter their character sheets =P

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:58 pm

OH MY LORD... O.O

Everyone please make sure they post in the CORRECT ROLEPLAY. The roleplay linked in my original post is the Original Roleplay.
The name of the Remake is; Storm Warning: A Remake

(Either you all posted them in the wrong place or no one has submitted a CS yet =/)

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:54 pm

SORRY it's taking me a little bit longer than usual. The RP i had joined before this is having rather unique complications and the original GM said he was planning on bringing it back up again. And between that, this, and writing my own stories, is a bit too much to put on my plate. So I'm double checking on the other RP to see if it's really gonna start or not then I'll let you know either way, the news.

VincentRayne
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:57 pm

okay so the person hasn't gotten back to me yet. So I'm gonna go on with this one if that's okay. and if I could change my other characters power from Umbrakinesis to Healing if that's okay and if everyone hasn't moved on without me.

VincentRayne
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:21 pm

I just realized (sorry for multiple post in a row here. not sure if it tells you I updated a pre-existing post and i just want to make sure this gets seen.) that you said to use anime faceclaims. I don't really watch anime so I hardly know where to even start looking. last time i tried doing the anime faceclaim I used characters drawn in anime style but weren't from an actual anime. and the GM couldn't get the fact that I don't watch anime. I wanted to join for his RP idea. Not to put up an anime faceclaim. so that's why I'm probably gonna need help choosing one.

VincentRayne
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:30 am

Oh that's no problem! If you already know what you want your character to look like then this would be your best bet:
http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/search.php

You just pick the traits that you want the character to have and then search and it will bring up all the characters that have those traits. Or say, you aren't sure what color hair you want your character to have, you can pick two or three diffrent colors and have every character that has hair that's one of those colors pop up. Happy searching!
(If you need any more help feel free to shoot me a message)

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:37 pm

thanks a ton! I'll be submitting the character sheets tonight when I'm off from work.

VincentRayne
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talidara on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:17 am

If there is still place:

Characters: 2
Powers: Alter appearance (depends on what kind of shape shifting the other person meant, if it is similar I can change) Can create a clone & Create portals
Skype Name: I'll have to check
Posting: Depends on the expected post length, but several times a week should be very doable
Posting Time: mostly evening
Time Zone: GMT+2 (in summer)
The factions depend on what others choose
Last edited by Talidara on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talidara
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:26 am

@Lost: Can you link the correct version of the rp? I can't seem to find it...

@Talidara: my shapeshifter turns into animals

Butterfly Effect
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:21 am

got some good news bad news. bad news mostly has to do with me.

bad news is that my roommate has left out of state for a week and with that he left with my headphones. I use my headphones exclusively to write and draw :/ drown out any distracting noises and stuff. also to go with that me and a friend went to see Ghost in The Shell last night which was a late night showing so i am tired already. (I did watch the GiTs series.)

Good news is tomorrow I plan on working on everything before work after buying some earphones. so I'll get you them CS.

VincentRayne
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talidara on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:50 am

@Iced:
roleplay/storm-warning-a-remake#introduction

Also I guess it would have been fine, but I think I'll change 'alter appearance' to 'can split/clone herself' anyway

Talidara
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VincentRayne on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:34 pm

Both characters upload as i promised. Don't hesitate to let me know if any corrections need to be made in any way, shape, or form.

VincentRayne
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!