Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Stormkeeper's Rise (Steampunk/Pirate/Fantasy RP)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Stormkeeper's Rise (Steampunk/Pirate/Fantasy RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowAeryn on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:21 pm

The year in Rothrayne is 2050. The invention of the airship in 2030 has led to a huge migration from sea and ground to clouds and sky, and Skyports are a common sight above the mountains, forests, and cities of Rothrayne. The Nine Provinces are enjoying a time of peace under the rule of Emperor Ilius Van Acalia and Empress Elysia Mindista. But the peace is undertoned by a constant murmur of coming rebellion and the threat of a coup on the royal family. The heirless reign exposed the family’s fragility. A more pressing weakness in the royal family however, is the unbalance of the elements, controlled by the rulers of Rothrayne since time immemorial (magic was once a common occurrence but the abilities have dwindled due to thinning bloodlines and the recent unbalance). There was a time that the balance was upheld, when the Empress’ sister, Endellion, was to rule by Elysia’s side. For reasons that none but Elysia herself know, Endellion disappeared soon after the recent deaths of their parents and has not been seen since... At least not by those who would report it back to Emperor Ilius.

Far away from the glittering palace city, a small but growing group of ragtag pirates aboard the Stormkeeper are plotting a way to take the throne from Ilius and bring balance back to Rothrayne. Led by Empress Endellion in disguise as the first mate Edeline, they terrorize the corrupt Imperial Navy trying to stand in their way. Despite all obstacles they adventure on and refuse to back down until their mission is complete.

So, this is actually based off of the original story for these two that is part of a...frankly, series at this point, that I’m working on. However, their original story is hecka tragic and I wanted to give them a chance at a better tale. I’m only keeping the two empresses and Elysia’s fiance from the original story, everyone else will be added by your guys ^^ The best part about this particular RP is that it has potential to become a multi-generational RP, depending on how the story goes. Their original story is VERY multi-generational, so I thought it would be fun to do something similar, but again, this depends on how the story goes… There would be a few 'preset' characters, just roles that people can fill, and suggestions for new characters as well. I'll also post more details and notes about the world... I suppose I am getting ahead of myself though, first I need to see if there is any interest for this XD So what do you all think?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ShadowAeryn
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Stormkeeper's Rise (Steampunk/Pirate/Fantasy RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SunshineDaisy on Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:07 pm

I'd love to join in! I'm up for a good steampunk story and this sounds really intriguing. Can I make a sky pirate character for the Stormkeeper or an allied vessel?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SunshineDaisy
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragonrogue on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:05 am

i would be interested as well.

Dragonrogue
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:50 am

Really interesting concept, although I'd have to look at the preset characters before deciding to commit.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 12 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vyaltas on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:22 am

Aaah, this sounds really fun !! I'd join. nwn
Diodorus Siculus relates the story of a broken and scattered god; who of us has never felt, while walking through the twilight or writing a date from his past, that something infinite had been lost?

vyaltas
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Awesome on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:28 pm

I'm already slow on my other two roleplays but the fact that I already have a character concept dictates I AT LEAST say I may participate-my definite answer dependent on the look of the RP introduction page and state of overall perceived involvement in those partaking.
Reginald 'Reggie' Willard Langston (or 'Reggie The Mad'), ship maintainer, crew engineer, marksman and resident nut job, at your service.
Yyyyyeeeaaaaaah right, snake!

Captain Awesome
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!