Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Walking Dead: Online

Storyboard

a part of “The Walking Dead: Online”, a fictional universe by Captain Calamity.

An unexplainable infection has swept the world, bringing society to its knees. You are one of the lucky ones. A survivor. But now you must do whatever it takes to survive the greatest threat of all... each other.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Walking Dead: Online”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Storyboard

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:51 am

No worries, ShaSha! Shoot us PMs if you run into any problems.

I went to a live taping of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" today... My whole face hurts from laughing. Great time. XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonlightWraith on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:13 pm

I am so sorry for holding everyone up, I've just posted Freddy and I's collaborative post and will be more active now I'm home :3 hopefully :P

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MoonlightWraith
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Great post, you two. Don't worry about things slowing down. It's bound to happen more and more as our characters find each other and we have to wait for each other to post. Best we can do is be vocal about the process. :)

I guess I'll finish my post for our group's portion and get that up soon.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:34 pm

So a heads up, this week is looking pretty busy for me homework wise, and "pre-departure steps" I have to fulfill before heading off to England for this Fall semester AND I'm going to a steampunk convention this weekend (which there is no way I'll be able to post then), but I'm at least going to try and get a post up sometime this week. In case I don't, though, at least you'll know why.
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good" - Fred and George Weasley

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:32 pm

Have fun! Those all sound like cool things =) Would you consider "parking" your characters in a spot to join with others later or entrusting them to another player? (Not for character development, but moving them along with the plot if there are major developments)?
"Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have." - Norman Vincent Peale

"He broke my sitar, mother****er!" - Anton Newcombe

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:51 pm

Ummm...I think just let another player move them along. Though a heads up if I'm not back in time to write this, I was talking with Ragnarok about possibly having Marie get separated from Dyomie and traveling with Thomas for a while to add more tension with our criminal. So in case I'm not back before the whole group together maybe someone could write a quick diddy about them getting separated? If that's okay?

And sorry again, I just don't have the time or energy this week.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:57 pm

That's totally fine. And thanks for the heads up!

You could even have Ragnarok take Marie and Moonlight take Dyomie for the time being until you get back? The more this plays out, the more I'm liking the idea of keeping us in our small groups like this for awhile to develop more of the pre-story before our group assembles. I'm in no rush to get the whole gang together quite yet. :)

Additionally, take a look at the new "Tension Points" thread I put up. It's even a little confusing to me, so if you have questions or need clarification, just ask or PM me. Some great examples of tension points could be:

*** Player A knows a secret about Player B and could expose them to the group; Blackmail.
*** Player A needs a certain drug/medication but is all out; Medical.
*** Players C and D both think they should be leaders of the group; Leadership.
*** Player F is in love with Player D's girlfriend; Jealousy.
*** Player D is stashing food and not telling anyone about it; Secret.
*** Player E blames Player A for the death of their brother; Blame.

etc.

As you can see, they aren't necessarily character notes, but rather key points that affect the dramatic action of the story or could potentially cause conflict later on.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:46 am

New post is up for the interview crew.

(We're working on a catchier name... XD)

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Well and I still try to post, but it's just a warning in case I don't. I found out last night and this morning if I don't write I get kind of antsy, it's almost like an odd addiction, writing I mean. So we'll see if I even give it up this week to focus more on school ;P

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:58 pm

So it sounds like some of the characters are mulling around the idea of staying bunkered down for the night. If that's the case, we can let some of the other characters post to catch up before we officially move into Day 2. Lots will have changed overnight, and it will likely not be a peaceful night's sleep.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:51 pm

Anyone up next got a post in the works?

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragnarök on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:09 am

I'll be posting in the next couple hours

*Edit: Posted
"No sacrifice is greater than someone elses'." - Skipper

Ragnarök
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Hooah! Good post, guys.

It's so funny that you wrote about the underwater walkers. The guy who wrote World War Z, Max Brooks, wrote another book called the "Zombie Survival Guide" ... It's super comedic but actually full of tons of realistic and informational stuff. They have a whole section on how you would want to avoid the water because the zombies would likely wander into the deep bodies of water and get lost. He predicts that they would just walk around down there pulling people in who got too close....

Creepy stuff.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonlightWraith on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Zombies that think they're crocodiles or Alligators! Now that is some crazy shit.

I hope my post was sweet as and Cap'n I would just like to commend you on all the hard work and thought you have really put into this! Kudos to you! (I used that right, didn't I?)

There was something else I wanted to say but I can't remember... OH!

Bites! How we doing them? Because in the comics it wasn't the bite that killed, it was all the bacteria and shit in the saliva due to zombie diets that infected the wound and caused death therefore causing the dormant virus to awaken and reanimate the host, so y'know just cleaning and covering the wound could prevent you from dying and zombifying. But in the show, it was the bit itself that activated the virus, so you had to stop it from reaching the brain through amputation. Just some food for though...

MoonlightWraith
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Holy crap! Zombies in the classroom! As I was reading it I was reflecting back on 9/11; I was in high school and we were definitely on lockdown, etc... so, it reminded me of that day, except with, you know, a convulsing diabetic and a massive chunk getting bitten out of a teacher's leg. THAT didn't happen on 9/11. At least, not at MY school... LOL.

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:19 pm

It's funny you bring that up, Moonlight. I've heard people complain about the vagueness of the whole infection thing on the series. There seems to be a lot of loopholes. The best way I could explain it is that there are two components to the virus. One is communicable and the other is inherent.

Every single person is infected through some undiscovered disease that is reanimating them after death. That is something that every character has. Unless a person's brain is destroyed or damaged when they are killed, they will come back as a walker in a matter of seconds or minutes.

The second facet of the virus is more active. This is the infection transmitted through the blood. When a walker bites someone, that person develops an infection that shuts down their immune system. They get a fever and ultimately overheat and die. Then they come back as a walker.

So it isn't the bite that turns them into a walker, it's the disease that we all have. The bite is just a catalyst. I don't know if I explained that very well, haha. But that's my understanding.

Glad you're all having fun. This story is gonna get awesome. :)

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:17 am

Finally made it to the news station! This might be a good place for us to all meet. Pretty soon whatever group we've assembled will have to have a serious discussion about what to do and where to go and decisions will have to be made. Could be we don't find each other until later. Who knows.

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragnarök on Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:58 am

I consider Max Brooks the leading authority on Zombie lore and his books the "bible" on the Zombie Apocalypse. I've seen only a couple seasons of the Walking Dead but much prefer World War Z (The Book, the movie was complete crap) and the Zombie Survival guide.

Edit: Just read through all the posts and I love it! Epic escape from an upper floor!! Everyone is putting some great stuff together, well done.

Ragnarök
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear of a Female Planet on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:50 am

My responses may not be quite as fast today—I'm heading out to go volunteer then later have plans, so I hope to catch up as soon as possible!

Fear of a Female Planet
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Calamity on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:45 pm

The movie was fine as its own entity,.. But the book is SO good. I listened to the audiotape on my drive down when i moved to Los Angeles. Narrated by Mark Hamill, and it had Alan Alda, John Turturro, and some others. So much fun!

Rag, what do you think your team's plan is? Are you guys heading into the city?

Captain Calamity
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!