Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Stupid damn Country "Artists"

a topic in Flame Wars, a part of the RPG forum.

PLEASE keep ANY quarrel to these forums. This is not an ammo dump, either. Please TRY to resolve your issues PEACEFULLY.

Stupid damn Country "Artists"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:43 pm

Go look at them damn country singers. THEY ARE copying Alternative, Rock, Rap and Classical groups songs, with or without permission, and only changing just enough words so that nothing can be done.

I swear the other day I heard a country song that, with the exception of a few words, was "In the End" from Linkin' Park. Now, I don't know who the S.o.B is that sung that one, but it was more annoying than anything else, even Jim Carry's most "annoying sound in the world" from Dumb and Dumber. It's not the first country song I've heard that was a friggen "country remix" of a formerly good Alternative song.

If I hear a Country Remix of "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," I won't hesitate to go run out and get a high powered rifle, put some bullets in Greenday's friggen heads and find the jackass that Country Remixed the song. I swear to hell I am SICK AND DAMN TIRED OF THAT SONG. I heard the damn song 15 times in a 1 hour time frame on KISS FM the other day. If you love the damn song that much, get yourself either an MP3 player/iPod or CD Player with the CD with that song on it and some DAMN ear phones instead of tearing down a once GREAT song by OVER PLAYING it and giving country "artists" the idea that if it can earn one band money it can earn them money if they can change it just enough to keep the flavor of the song while blatantly ripping the damn thing off and avoiding all the consequences of their plaigerous actions.

But then again, if you can change anything by at least 20% and prove you changed it by that much, the law can't do shit. Funny how that works, though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:41 pm

I know how you feel. I was riding the bus one January morning, and I heard this song that was vaguely familiar. Sure enough, it was a goddamn country remix of a Vertical Horizon song...I mean...what the fuck? All they done was add in a shitty country voice and a lame assed guitar solo. I'm glad you pointed this out, Ace, and yes, good songs get beaten down...(Poor poor Green Day)
I am Digit. I am a Forum Junkie. Hear me roar.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.